Topless Taylor Hicks

7/4/2009 8:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Former "American Idol" star Taylor Hicks laid out in Mexico yesterday, working on his soulful tan.

Taylor Hicks
Hicks has not had a song make the charts since 2006.

Phillip Ressler

He will (he'll) soon be eating alongside Joey Chestnut and (&) Ruben Studdard at (@) Coney Island for all I know!

Kat

He looks like he is my grandfather! Most of his fans must be menopausal women with a lot of time on their hands. LOL!

Kat

Looks at those hog jowls. He should be in "Retirement Idol".

Kat

He is just a big goob.

Kat

I know. Look at those food pockets he is sporting.

Kat

Who cares? He is even relevant anymore?

blogabout

Tisha
everything is relevant
as is everyone to their music.
Music is only relevant to the listener
anyone who judges success measured by pop numbers
is a cookie cutter music sponge.
having another cup of regurgitated riffs an hooks
does not satisfy everyone's appetite
nothing wrong with that mindset-however to each his own.
I'm staying with the artists who have something different to offer.
Original soulful sounds that have been missing
far too long for the educated ear..
it's all relevant.

karencarpenter

I enjoy whale watching also. I usually go to Rhode Island tho'.

SP

who?

Carkotta432

Oh, really,TMZ, you are so yesterday. You are caught in some kind of time warp. Get with it!! This is July of 2009!! Don't you know it's no longer considered cool or fashionable to slam Taylor Hicks. No recent hits - hmm, let's think. Didn't two of the songs from the "The Distance" reach into the top 25 charts of contemporary pop. Isn't 7-mile breakdown moving up on the country charts. Oh, and just by appearing in "Grease" as Teen Angel, Taylor has added around $600,000 monthly to the box office. And some people seem to be permanently addicted to comparing him negatively to Daughtry. Let's see - 70 percent of Daughtry's fans are male, 15 to 35 years of age. Most of these fans were "rockers" even before Daughtry appeared on the scene. 80 percent of Taylor's fans are female, with 60 percent being over 35. Taylor has alway been a ladies man, and I can see why. Unlike your silly pictures, Taylor is a very handsome and slender 6-footer, with golden brown eyes, and jet black eyelashes about half an inch long. And yes, he's equally as good looking as George Clooney. He should be in the movies.

teh bob

DO NOT WANT! >_

goboywonder

Taylor has a nice soulful voice. His legs arn't bad either.

HELLOFADAY

Seriously, does anyone know how old Taylor Hicks really is, because he looks like my high school gym coach. (Grey, old, out of shape, and lazy) How many copies of the "Distance" the Hick has sold?

NewYorkBaby

The Distance was a failure. Only sold about 30,000 copies. Taylor Hicks has a tiny fanbase of middle-age, fat, housewifes. I know it hurts, but it's the truth. Only hope for him is to go country. That AC/Soul crap is a big, fat failure! Even the Soul Patrol deserted him!

Carkotta432

Since its release a couple of months ago, The Distance has received little publicity and virtually no airtime. Also the album itself is very difficult to find at most retailers. In spite of this, its first single, "What's Right is Right" managed to hit #22 on the adult comptemporary charts. This is amazing! The Distance was a #1 seller at Walmart, #13 at Amazon, #25 Radio & Records, #23 mediabase. As far as Soundscan is concerned, its difficulty to get complete accuracy as many stores do not report to them. It is estimated that the video of 7-mile breakdown has been viewed a total of over 300,000 times on various websites. Also, "What's Right is Right" has been viewed over 250,000 times.

Well, Nerve, you sure have got your nerve. I am not a member of the Soul Patrol. I am not a middle-aged housewife. I am not fat. I am a slender red-head in my mid twenties. One thing for sure, I am a fan of Taylor. He touched my heart and became imprinted on me. I will be emotionally attached to him forever! As far as his present fanbase is concerned, perhaps he should try to court a younger demographic as they would be more inclined to purchase his recordings.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments