Jackson's Former Doc -- Reprimanded Over Rx

7/5/2009 6:26 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Dr. Allan Metzger MIchael JacksonA doctor who has treated Michael Jackson, went on tour with Jackson and even videotaped Jackson's wedding to Debbie Rowe, was reprimanded by the Medical Board of California for writing fraudulent prescriptions for Michael's sister, Janet.

Dr. Allan Metzger received a public letter of reprimand from the Medical Board in September, 2000. The letter states, "You engaged in fraudulent medical practice based on prescriptions written for an international entertainer, using a false/fictitious name." Dr. Metzger told us the entertainer is Janet Jackson.

Dr. Metzger is a lupus specialist -- Michael Jackson reportedly had the disease. Dr. Metzger traveled with Jackson during the HIStory Tour in 1996.

Dr. Metzger told us in the late 90s, he wrote prescriptions for Janet Jackson using the name of her private chef, Ricardo Macchi. Dr. Metzger told us the prescriptions were for diuretics. He also wrote a prescription for a hepatitis B injection -- he says he wrote it because Janet was going on tour and wanted to guard against the disease. Again, the name on the prescription was Ricardo Macchi, even though it was for Janet.

Dr. Metzger told us, "I had done this for Janet for her anonymity."

Macchi sued Dr. Metzger but the Dr. says the suit was dropped and no money was paid out.

As for Michael, Dr. Metzger says, "I have not treated Michael Jackson for many years." Metzger says he has talked to Jackson on the phone over the years, even giving him medical advice. As for whether Dr. Metzger prescribed meds for Jackson, he wouldn't say: "I am not at liberty to discuss Michael's medical care." We asked if he ever prescribed meds to Michael using an alias. His response: "I have not treated him for ages." Metzger said he last spoke with Michael in April. The doctor says he talked to Jackson about the tour, his children, nutrition and hydration.

Dr. Metzger added, "I have nothing to do with this tragedy with Michael. I have not prescribed any medication in relation to what happened to him."

Michael jackson Launch photos

Virginia

To icky, #26. At least you have your name right. you are the one who is racist. Micheal Jackson was a pedophlie. santa Barbara police said before one of Jackosn trials that a child identified a mark near jacksons genitals. No one could do that unless they had seen what they should not have seen. . i am sick of blacks and their stupid, racism,. Obama could not have been elected President if not for the stupid whites who voted for him. So why dont you thank your lucky stara people are trying to be fair nowadays. you are a racist PUNK.

olddrunk

Blame the docs? Why not the guy taking all the drugs? Blame Joe Jackson? I'm addicted to Ativan but I'm not crying about my mommy/daddy/doctor. It's MY fault. The King of Pop may have been the King of POPPING Pills. And I liked the guy but not going to pass blame to someone else for HIS actions. Love the entertainer. Get real about the person he may have become.

pam

reprimand ....REPIMAND!!!!!!!! That's it. ??????????? Obama has his work cut out for him. That is it? Reprimad. slap on the hand.

thinkaboutit

Did MJ like hot beef injections?

thinkaboutit

Anal Chime Jocks

(An anagram of Michael Jackson)

nindy

i REALLY think there will be a whole list of DOCTORS that will be charged and I would not be surprised if other celebs arent yanked in as guilty or as a witness

Give It A Rest

Hey buttwipes.........Wacko Jacko is dead...........Get over it........

Sue Wong

People have to be careful when they are known to be addicted to substances. Anybody can kill them and say they overdosed and everybody would believe it.

nindy

I'm very ANTI DRUGS but I really like michael's music and this saddens me. --------------------- I'm glad the feds are on top of this and getting it taken care of so we dont loose anymore think back to all the other celebs who have died because of drugs????????????????

who gives a shit

Hey, maybe Janet had a problem with drugs too!!!

me

Nah, Janet just has an eating disorder.

screamin in dig

I found out that the memorial at the staples center will not have michael jacksons body there So Now you know this is a faked death the only ones that seen his body was his family no one else so everything is all hear say . I believe he faked his death and everything else is fabricated so he could escape his problems . cut and dry!!!

me

Yeah, the hospital, the coroner, LAPD, the DEA, the Attorney General, they're all in on it.

sicko Lambert

you mean to say "Michael is alive" now...what about Elvis, "elvis is alive"?

K man

181. MICHAEL JACKSON CELEBRATION OF LIFE
Opportunity Terms and Conditions
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT REQUIRED TO ENTER. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID IN RHODE ISLAND, FLORIDA AND NEW YORK, AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.