Jackson's Former Doc -- Reprimanded Over Rx

7/5/2009 6:26 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Dr. Allan Metzger MIchael JacksonA doctor who has treated Michael Jackson, went on tour with Jackson and even videotaped Jackson's wedding to Debbie Rowe, was reprimanded by the Medical Board of California for writing fraudulent prescriptions for Michael's sister, Janet.

Dr. Allan Metzger received a public letter of reprimand from the Medical Board in September, 2000. The letter states, "You engaged in fraudulent medical practice based on prescriptions written for an international entertainer, using a false/fictitious name." Dr. Metzger told us the entertainer is Janet Jackson.

Dr. Metzger is a lupus specialist -- Michael Jackson reportedly had the disease. Dr. Metzger traveled with Jackson during the HIStory Tour in 1996.

Dr. Metzger told us in the late 90s, he wrote prescriptions for Janet Jackson using the name of her private chef, Ricardo Macchi. Dr. Metzger told us the prescriptions were for diuretics. He also wrote a prescription for a hepatitis B injection -- he says he wrote it because Janet was going on tour and wanted to guard against the disease. Again, the name on the prescription was Ricardo Macchi, even though it was for Janet.

Dr. Metzger told us, "I had done this for Janet for her anonymity."

Macchi sued Dr. Metzger but the Dr. says the suit was dropped and no money was paid out.

As for Michael, Dr. Metzger says, "I have not treated Michael Jackson for many years." Metzger says he has talked to Jackson on the phone over the years, even giving him medical advice. As for whether Dr. Metzger prescribed meds for Jackson, he wouldn't say: "I am not at liberty to discuss Michael's medical care." We asked if he ever prescribed meds to Michael using an alias. His response: "I have not treated him for ages." Metzger said he last spoke with Michael in April. The doctor says he talked to Jackson about the tour, his children, nutrition and hydration.

Dr. Metzger added, "I have nothing to do with this tragedy with Michael. I have not prescribed any medication in relation to what happened to him."

Michael jackson Launch photos

Michelle

In a new interview with Details, Quincy Jones -- who helped launched Michael Jackson's career -- opens up about the sad and strange evolution in the late singer's appearance over the years.

Jones - who first worked with Jackson on 1979's Off the Wall - tells Details they'd talk "all the time" about how Jackson was changing.

"But he'd come up with, 'Man, I promise you I have this disease,' and so forth, and 'I have a blister on my lungs,' and all that kind of b.s.," he says. "It's hard, because Michael's a Virgo, man — he's very set in his ways. You can't talk him out of it. Chemical peels and all that stuff.

"I've been around junkies and stuff all my life. I've heard every excuse," he says. "It's like smokers — 'I only smoke when I drink' and all that stuff. But it's bulls**t. You're justifying something that's destructive to your existence. It's crazy."

Jones says Jackson's obsession with his appearances got to be "ridiculous."

"Chemical peels and all of it. And I don't understand it," he says. "But he obviously didn't want to be black."

Asked if that is the reason Jackson had undergone so much plastic surgery, Jones says, "Well, what do you think? You see his kids?"

Finally

WOW...these doctors really need to step up and take responsibility for THEIR actions. All I keep hearing on TV is the Hollywood doctors that prey on stars, going to their concerts and backstage, THEY are the pushers. They know the ins and outs of how to "hide" a celebrities name from going public about how many medications they may or may not be taking.
How many more stars are going to die because of these doctors? Hopefully the DEA and other law enforcement will start paying attention, BUT for Michael Jackson it came to late.
RIP....Michael, I hope you are at peace now and singing and dancing with the angels!!
God Bless you and your family.

SUN

Makes sense that he had Lupus. My Uncle had it, and it started out as white patches, and eventually hairloss, lost wieght, and can cause severe pain in joints. This is what turned him white, noting else would do this so evenly.

sicko Lambert

"RUMOR" has it, which is why everyone is in LaLa-Land - so rumors never land in the graceland

Andrea

What a nice stab in the back, Quincy. So, you lived w/ that secret your whole life? Michael Jackson, obviously, didnt want to be black? If you have nothing good to say, then say nothing... wait until they bury him at least.

Anyway, I am kind of thinking it is really strange this funeral arrengments. It makes me wonder if Michael Jackson is really dead.

Iestyn

Dear TMZ: You should know that when you write "Rx" to mean prescription, most of the world doesn't know what you mean. I've only seen that term used in America. Think internationally, eh.

InvisibleMan

Just watched Datelines special on MJ tonight, and would love to know who the blonde guitar player is, who was practicing with MJ for his coming tour dates? It was brief, but she looked like an awesome talent and very young! Hell, maybe it was not a girl, but it sure looked like it.

InvisibleMan

longshowerz

Wow, someone obsessed much??? LoL

Sharona

42. Hey, maybe Janet had a problem with drugs too!!!

Posted at 9:04PM on Jul 3rd 2009 by Joe Jackson screwed up Michael
43. Nah, Janet just has an eating disorder.

Posted at 9:06PM on Jul 3rd 2009 by Lucy McGillicuddy

Now that is PURE Slander..You HAVE NEVER heard that this woman was on drugs or has an eating disorder...!!!!!!!!

Donna R

Well I'm disgusted with the entire matter. On Nancy Grace tonight, guest attorneys had the gaul to say that most likely the physicians won't be prosecuted and that it was Michael's fault as a grown man. Pulllllllllllllllllleaseeeeeeeeeeee. A doctor takes an ethical oathe, to preserve life. I suppose if I asked my doctor for hmmmmmmmmm, let's see well, I say demeral for the heck of it; now if demeral isn't indicated for my condition WhyTF would he prescribe it. WHY WHY WHY. A drug addict who is usually under the influence of drugs is not going to be saying . . oh gee, i better not use this cuz it's bad for me. Well I guess I just solved the worldwide addiction cunundrum. This is so bogus and it smells like MONEY MONEY MONEY to me. Well I guess Michael with all your money, you were able to buy your own death . . . step right up folks get your instant death fix via IV Diprivan. Good Night.

screamin in dig

I agree I think it was planned and the only way to get paid on a policy was to OD! to many srewed up things happening . All the people on the media shows like larry king and the cnn shows that knew MJ act like nothing. Are we the only ones questioning this ! The media is just saying what they here from hangerons. If they were so concerned about his so called bi drug habit 45 thousand amonth this is insane how many pills is this !! there is no way no way ! That many pills he would have been dead long ago with that amount of pills. he would not function at all at all! They said he had several undigested pills thats like 2-3 pills In his stomach . What were they they never said and if jhe was a pill junkie than i think he would have a lot more than that. Brando's son said he never seen him takeing pills and that he was always around him so he did not see anything. the deprovin was just an added bonus to the twist in order to get paid on the insurance, Major fake job drugs were planted after the fact. Elvis did not die he faked his death also to get aout of the public. He emptied his account out of all his money before he died no one seen his body either. also he supposedly weighed between 250-300 lbs the people that carried him in the body bag said it weight=d less than 200 lbs. he faked it. He may or may not be still alive today . byt MJ Is not dead he wanted to go out like elvis....FAKE HIS DEATH TO..!

me

It was a joke Sharona. Her weight does fluctuate dramatically. Diuretics are often abused by sufferers of eating disorders, especially bulimics, in attempts at weight loss.

Catholic Girl

www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/06/26/eveningnews/main5117499.shtml
Check this out, Katie interviewing Quincy Jones, the Details rag article seems BOGUS in comparison, I think Details is a spoof, or Quincy is on something too, one minute he's loving and the next minute he's spewing trash before Michael is even buried?? I have serious doubts about Details telling the truth.

sicko Lambert

All I can say, Michaeal Jackson, My belated sister and I grew up with him (in his music) , He made us dance to his music and ADMIRED his MUSIC and DANCES but anyway... "RUMOR" has it, which is why everyone is in LaLa-Land - So I hope, "RUMORS"

"Never land" in the "Graceland"!

MJ RIP

Like theysay more money you have. themore problems you get. Its just a shame it happened to our beloved Michael Jackson.I hope he finds justice for hisdeath. As for that doctor he just wanted the money he didn't care about Michael or Janet at all.