Jackson's Former Doc -- Reprimanded Over Rx

7/5/2009 6:26 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Dr. Allan Metzger MIchael JacksonA doctor who has treated Michael Jackson, went on tour with Jackson and even videotaped Jackson's wedding to Debbie Rowe, was reprimanded by the Medical Board of California for writing fraudulent prescriptions for Michael's sister, Janet.

Dr. Allan Metzger received a public letter of reprimand from the Medical Board in September, 2000. The letter states, "You engaged in fraudulent medical practice based on prescriptions written for an international entertainer, using a false/fictitious name." Dr. Metzger told us the entertainer is Janet Jackson.

Dr. Metzger is a lupus specialist -- Michael Jackson reportedly had the disease. Dr. Metzger traveled with Jackson during the HIStory Tour in 1996.

Dr. Metzger told us in the late 90s, he wrote prescriptions for Janet Jackson using the name of her private chef, Ricardo Macchi. Dr. Metzger told us the prescriptions were for diuretics. He also wrote a prescription for a hepatitis B injection -- he says he wrote it because Janet was going on tour and wanted to guard against the disease. Again, the name on the prescription was Ricardo Macchi, even though it was for Janet.

Dr. Metzger told us, "I had done this for Janet for her anonymity."

Macchi sued Dr. Metzger but the Dr. says the suit was dropped and no money was paid out.

As for Michael, Dr. Metzger says, "I have not treated Michael Jackson for many years." Metzger says he has talked to Jackson on the phone over the years, even giving him medical advice. As for whether Dr. Metzger prescribed meds for Jackson, he wouldn't say: "I am not at liberty to discuss Michael's medical care." We asked if he ever prescribed meds to Michael using an alias. His response: "I have not treated him for ages." Metzger said he last spoke with Michael in April. The doctor says he talked to Jackson about the tour, his children, nutrition and hydration.

Dr. Metzger added, "I have nothing to do with this tragedy with Michael. I have not prescribed any medication in relation to what happened to him."

Michael jackson Launch photos

MRS.J

OMG WAT IS GOING ON HERE. WHY WOULD ANYONE WANT TO DO THAT N TAKE THAT CHANCE WIT THERE JOBS BUT THEN AGAIN LOOK WHO WE R TALKIN ABOUT DOCTORS. THEY WILL DO ANYTHING FOR THE MONEY AND THAT IS STUPID. U MESS UP UR LIFE AND OTHERS ALL CAUSE OF THE MONEY. I HOPE THAT THEY LOSE THERE ABILITY TO B DOCTORS AND GO TO JAIL CAUSE THIS IS CRAZY. HOPE THAT SOMEONE DOES SOMETHING AND FINDS OUT WAT REALLY HAPPEN TO MICHAEL.

Jen

This is all because of Joe Jackson. This dude is a evil, mean, troubled, freak show of a sperm doner, looser piece of dog crap who has consistantly cheated on his wife and beat his kids. Good job Kathrine! Your reep what you sew.

JEANNETTE

THANKS FOR POSTING.,, #188 Thanks checked your link....
Yes So TRUE !

" Ringling Brothers Circus "

Is Scheduled to be there the following day & More days after that... but it is not going to happen on Wednesday !

When I Lived in NY born and raised ..
I personally New People back in the day 1980's and was there in Madison Square Garden for
" Ringling Brothers Circus "
I was in the seats .. and well beyond the Circus .. I was in the Back with all the with all !
I also went with a Crew friend to the
" Ringling Brothers Circus circus Train "
Where A lot of the performers stay and traveled ... It was a mind blower! ..
Now the point of all this is

HOW THE HELL ARE THEY GOING TO TURN THIS FROM A MEMORIAL SERVICE IN LESS THEN 24 HOURS TO A
REAL CIRCUS ?

Yes I am saying all this has seemed like a CIRCUS
( HAS BEEN ) since Michael Jackson Passed ....

And Beyond......
I am in no Way Putting Michael Jackson down in anyway...
But this is so so Much

BIG! BIGGER THEN ANY!!! FAMOUS PERSON THAT I HAVE KNOWN WHO HAS PASSED ! BEYOND PRINCESS DIANNA !

Mark my words,, there will be NO!

" Ringling Brothers Circus "

ON WEDNESDAY....

IF ! ? There is ... ? Were will be all the Circus equipment , animals , every thing you can think of to set up for (AND THERE'S A LOT!!! ) DAYS IN ADVANCE? STORED ?

NO WAY CAN YOU SET UP A CIRCUS IN LESS THEN 24 HOURS? IF THEY HAVE THAT MUCH TIME ?

Plus All the Traffic... And GOD only knows what will happen .... Tuesday ?

TALK ABOUT A CIRCUS ? !!
LA IS IN BIG TROUBLE... I PRAY ! NO ONE GETS HURT!

Michelle

ACCORDING TO CNN TONIGHT, SOME OF THE DRUGS WERE BOUGHT FROM OVERSEAS.....HOW WOULD THEY PROSECUTE THAT?

Maddy

I wish we knew the results of the toxicology report. All of these assumptions of what "might have happened" - it's getting confusing!

I was wondering about the plastic surgery he had done. MJ said he only had his nose done and his chin. Is it possible that the other facial changes are do to cosmetic treatments not surgery? Just wondering.

goldiebs

What bothers me in many of these comments is I don't see alot discussing the responsibility Michael has in all this. I"m not trying to suggest that he deserved to die or planned to-but let's be real here. And it would appear he was a prescription drug addict. Yes, he had a horrible childhood. Yes, he got beat up in the media and court of public opinion because of molestation accusations. Yes, he had very little privacy. All of this can be very stressful and the need to escape must have been great. He probably started out with legitimate needs for the meds and with enough people willing to provide whatever he wanted, whenever he wanted, it. But, he bears some responsibility in this. Those around him who were yes men do to. There were some who tried to help him-but like many addicts he was in denial and he had enough enablers around him to drown out their voices. Whether this doctor is guilty of overprescribing by using false names or he in fact was using a a fake name to protect his famous client remains to be seen. We can appreciate his humanitarian work, his music, etc, but he was not perfect. One of the best ways to honor his life would be to be honest about who he was and what he did-both the good and the bad.

Edge

I see 500,000,000 peolpe applied for a ticket...........

billz30

Michael Jackson was a wonderful, extremely talented and very generous person. I will do my best to continue where you left off and do much good as I can to help charities and make this earth a better place. We have to fill in where you left off. I know you are in a much better place and have found true peace. I do feel terrible with all of these negative posts from people who are in the same class as your father. R.I.P You are and always will live forever in our memories.

Edge

Tell the Angels yes, take this poor sole away from the evil thats on
this earth.
Jesus thought it was not right that he be put through more pain.
It would have been spectacular but we didnt deserve to see his best
show.
He said Jesus i dont what to leave my fans alone but Jesus said i
left them all a piece of your sole.
Well take me by the hand and take me to where i can rest in piece, i
will miss my fans but this is where i need to be FREE !!!!

NotJarJarBinks

"A lupus specialist" seriously, TMZ, come on, if you want to educate people, why not tell them what the specialty is that this doctor practices. While your at that, why not explain the different types of Lupus, including DRUG induced Lupus. TMZ I like you guys, truly, I do, but sometimes I can see where people get pissed off. Tell the whole truth, not just bits and pieces of it.
The fact that this doctor treated Janet and her weight fluctuation would lead me to investigate whether SHE has Lupus. Many people with the disease are either very thin, or become very heavy or even obese due to taking steroids to keep the disease in some sort of control. Come on TMZ! If this doctor truly specialized in treating patients with Lupus; he would be called a Rheumatologist!

Michael Madsen

I have not prescribed any medication in relation to what happened to him."

His last statement is completely bogus as WE do not know wha,t if any, prescription drug/narcotic led to the singer's death. Or... does he know something we don't?

harley-girl

remember...his father JOE was at the house with him ... then his doctor came ... seems maybe joe is the guilty one... whether intentionally or not... Joe probably called the doc for help.

harley-girl

why are the comments taking so long

too sad

ewe look at the doctors yellow teeth .

lock him up for that .

Respect 4 - 1 Self!

POST 99 ....Your on time with your comments!

Yes there was two people but the one that counts is dead....He took the drugs....he was informed by what they would do to him and people really need to stop putting the SOLE blame on the doctors! NO one held him down and forced pills down him or tied him up and put a IV into him!

MJ was informed on drugs and the effects as well he was informed of treatment to stop the drug use! It's just as easy to get drugs from doctors it called DOCTOR SHOPPING...(CAN ANYONE SAY...HEATH OR ANNA...NOW MJ) and it's easy to stop doing drugs by getting treatment to stop!

NOW WHAT KIND OF FATHER WAS HE TO HIS OWN KIDS BEING DRUGGED OUT ALL THE TIME???? How does his actions differ from his own father action's? One was hitting a child and the other was drugged out in front of his kids....it's a cycle that hasn't been broken yet and will keep going as long as there are people around to say MJ was not a abuser either....HE WAS A DRUG ABUSER!!!!

It's all sad and there are no real winners!!!