Jackson Docs Can Run But Can't Hide

7/5/2009 10:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael JacksonAs law enforcement officials comb through medical records to determine who supplied and administered the anesthesia Propofol and other drugs to Michael Jackson, we've learned there may be a fail-safe way of getting at the truth.

It's no secret -- especially in a celebrity town like L.A. -- some doctors use pseudonyms for celebrity patients and sometimes their medical charts somehow get "lost." But we've learned most doctors leave an indelible footprint when it comes to treating patients.

Many doctors -- especially ones with big practices -- use medical software systems from MD Systems, NexTech and other companies. These companies provide the software that makes it easy to input billing data.

Doctors typically input the patient's name, billing amount, type of treatment, type of drugs prescribed and administered, and date of service. Here's the thing -- that data cannot be deleted from the server.

The system allows doctors to add other data like medical charts, and those things can be deleted. But if someone deletes that info, the software shows the name of the user who did it and the date it was done.

Bottom line -- the basic billing information will not go away.

As we reported days ago, law enforcement found Propofol inside Jackson's house. Propofol is an anesthesia, which should never be administered outside a hospital, and it's looking like that drug killed Jackson. If cops find who supplied it and who administered it, the docs could well be prosecuted for manslaughter.

crystal

Dr Murray, I hope you are having a nice 4th of July, considering how much weight you are carrying around these days. I would hate to think that you had anything to do with contributing to Michaels death. But, then again, its hard to ignore the fact that you didn't. Have a nice 4th and try not to choke on a chicken bone!

BeachBumBill

As a 30 year specialist in IT, I can honestly say, that there is no such thing as data tha cannot be deleted. That does not mean that the the data has to be deleted to be removed. The original data can be replaced with other characters which may or may not mean anything. It is the information not the data that certain persons may want destroyed. If all the invstigator finds is a line of asterisks, the information is gone. Note: If you are going to hide or destroy the data, do it before it gets backed up.

Texasgirl

What makes anyone believe these doctors entered billing information on fake patients?

orlandojon

Not so fast TMZ, I work with medical and Rx software. The docs simply do not enter the charts of patients they don't want in the system. Until we get a national Rx database this doctor shopping scenario will continue.

Homer

You guys really into recyclying or you realy got nothing new to write about?

CW

Blame who you want but Michael Jackson was a druggie. He wanted those drugs and would stop at nothing to get them. If the anesthetic was prescribed then that Dr. has to answer question from the DEA. It was MJ's fault.

Michelle

The doctors who gave him the prescriptions are guilty but michael jackson shares total responsibility. They didn't force the drugs especially the mobile drug unit (IV equipment, pole, etc.). He looks strange in the last announcement in London for the O2 concerts. He looks very skinny and corpse like in the video from Staples 2 nights before his death.......we all have choices in our individual journey in life and those those choices have consequences. We all know Michael Jacksons consequences........

Casey

Some former Neverland employees are now saying that many of the children Michael molested were terminally ill. This simultaneously depresses and sickens me. I can almost excuse his being attracted to children on the ground that we are not responsible for our sexual orientation. I can't imagine being sexually attracted to a child, but I am not Michael Jackson. However, the idea of someone wanting to have sex with a terminally ill child is just so upsetting. When I heard it I literally felt dizzy. Now I'm finding it very hard to honor Michael's memory, despite the many hours of joy I have had watching him and listening to his music.

Sherlyn

CATCH HIM!And throw the doc to the JAiL! OAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH disgusting people...

Thank you for the Joy Mr. J

That doesn't work for off the books transactions. These people are smart enough to have covered their tracks. Cash transactions, third parties, middlemen. tax free tranactions. Drugs purchased on the internet, drugs purchases in Mexico or other countries where a person can get anything they want, no records back to the consumer ( MJ ).. This billing sytem would only be used by legitimate doctors and I sense that the persons involved with MJ weren't that.
TMZ is digging and I like that. Usually I don't like TMZ because of the digging into the privacy of celebrities and most of the subject matter is not of interest to me. But I have to say that TMZ is doing a terrific job here. TMZ has sources that the LAPD doesn't and I hope that some of this digging that is done here leads to information being given to thse who can conduct police interviews and the persons who are involved in this, and not just the MJ case are prosecuted or at the very least have their prescribing privelges taken away for good.

Michelle

what is the source?

former Neverland employees are now saying that manySome of the children Michael molested were terminally ill. This simultaneously depresses and sickens me. I can almost excuse his being attracted to children on the ground that we are not responsible for our sexual orientation. I can't imagine being sexually attracted to a child, but I am not Michael Jackson. However, the idea of someone wanting to have sex with a terminally ill child is just so upsetting. When I heard it I literally felt dizzy. Now I'm finding it very hard to honor Michael's memory, despite the many hours of joy I have had watching him and listening to his music.

Posted at 12:53PM on Jul 4th 2009 by Gina

ly9512

WOO! I can't wait for this to unfold

Cheryl Fox

because someone 'doctor shops', does that release the responsibility of the 'shopped doc'? duh, i think not. if that were the case, why should street drug peddlers be arrested? they are only peddling the drug.... same concept. the peddler is as responsible as the buyer.

e_as_in_elephant

Those who murdered MichaelJackson must be prosecuted! So-called doctors who are too greedy to say "no" to patients and prescribe unnecessary medication just because someone is famous, used to gettting what they want and can pay large sums of money should not be allowed to ever practice medicine. They should all go to jail, stripped from their medical license and prosecuted for manslaughter. Whatever happened to the oath they take and vow to save and preserve lives? Shame on all of them! We have lost enough talents because irresponsible dispensing of drugs by money-hungry doctors and medical professionals. They are no different from a common criminal who takes another person's life. They may not use guns or other weapons but killing is still killing. Rest in peace, Michael Jackson. You will never be forgotten and will be missed by many.

Tye

Once they find the doctor or doctors, dont send them to jail. Just broadcast their name on tv and the radio and make the doctors walk down any street. And lets see if they survive to the end of the block