« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

NFL Star Steve McNair Found Dead

7/5/2009 7:27 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Steve McNairSteve McNair -- an NFL QB with the Tennesse Titans and Baltimore Ravens -- was found dead Saturday in Nashville, Tenn., according to Nashville police.

McNair suffered a fatal gunshot wound to the head in downtown Nashville. A female victim was also found dead. Police have not released the name of the female, only to say it is not McNair's wife, Mechelle.

The call to police came in at 1:35 PM. The circumstances surrounding the shooting deaths remain under active investigation.

There were no signs of forced entry at the crime scene. No suspects have been taken into custody.

Don Aaron, a spokesman for the Nashville Metro PD, told News Channel 5 in Tennessee, "When police officers arrived in response to that call, they found two individuals who had been shot to death inside the residence: one female, one male. We now know that the male deceased is Steve McNair. The female deceased has been tentatively identified. We're working to confirm that and then notify her next of kin."

McNair was a three-time Pro Bowler and was the NFL MVP in 2003. He retired in 2007.

Titans owner K.S. "Bud" Adams Jr. released this statement: "We are saddened and shocked to hear the news of Steve McNair's passing today. He was one of the finest players to play for our organization and one of the most beloved players by our fans. He played with unquestioned heart and leadership and led us to places that we had never reached, including our only Super Bowl. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family as they deal with his untimely passing."

UPDATE -- A Nashville police spokesman identified the woman as Sahel Kazemi, a "friend" of McNair's. A pistol was found near her body. She suffered a single gunshot wound to the head, police say, and McNair "was shot multiple times."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

holysheeple

It's the celebrity rapture.

Proud2bBlack

Wow Steve! I thought you were married?? I use to see the Titans downtown Nashville all the time at the BB King Lounge those guys were just to noticeable in the public when they went out. You could catch them on any given Sunday. No pun intended. Wow Steve

R.I.P..........

crystal

Thats what happens when you tapping another mans putty bang bang, he will off you ! RIP who ever you are!

me so horny

1. first bitch

Posted at 5:24PM on Jul 4th 2009 by randy moss

Why do dumb a s ses post these moronic comments like this?

Benigno

they are losing their touch on reporting the story first!
I sent the tip in and then the story got posted!

Dill Weed

Found shot dead, in the head, with a woman who was not his wife?

Murder-suicide?

Rumor has it the woman was the trigger puller.

If it's Nacho Cheese, it's my cheese.

Nacho

klitschko

1 time in history, i am glad not to be any sort of celbrity, tmz is going to have to hire more help, im available, email me if you need a reliable employee.

Akbar

22. 1. first bitch

Posted at 5:24PM on Jul 4th 2009 by randy moss

Why do dumb a s ses post these moronic comments like this?

Posted at 5:40PM on Jul 4th 2009 by R U NUTS
mr do it fool...

Cory (yes Feldman)

he was the best

Haiku McGinty

murder-suicide

Biff

#8 Don't forget David Carradine on that list...and actor Carl Maldon to...

Amber

RIP Steve.
I've been a fan of Steve since I first met him when I was in the 4th grade. He came to see me at my high school graduation last year.
His mom and my mom are friends. He was friends with my 2 oldest brothers. He came to see me and my mom at work all the time.
I hope that the rumor down here in MS isn't true. My heart goes out to his son and his mom.
I'm gonna miss you.

TOM

He had a wife and four sons ages 4 to 16, and my prayers are really with his family now - I forgot he had previous arrests for weapons and DUI's.... wonder if this was a drug related hit.... or a crime of passion?! Whatever it is, it is devastating. Crazy, sad, OMG it is horrible....

Proud2bBlack

#36 you're a real piece of work. Why are you following me with my user name? I've never said anything offensive on these boards so what gives. Stop disrespecting my username & others. I say you doing the same thing to ASHLEE this morning. why don't you just go somewhere else. Better yet TMZ can you consider blocking using a duplicate username.

*************************************************#36 is not me***********************************************

I have autographed ticket of Steves. The McNair family are in my prayers.

Jennifer Bouldack

DON'T YOU DARE SAY THIS WAS ABOUT DRUGS. STEVE MCNAIR DOESN'T DO DRUGS.

There is NO information about why this murder has happened, so there is NO WAY someone could say that they think this is "drug-related" and know this with any certainty, because EVERYONE knows that Steve McNair DOES NOT DO DRUGS.

Don't you dare disparage Steve's good name. He was a fine man, a great human being. He gave of himself so much to his community. He is incredibly beloved in his community. A great man has been struck down.

RIP #9. Third and 15 was always in the bank. At Steve's restaurant, if you didn't have any money and you went by there hungry, Steve would feed you.

We love you, Steve. You lived a fine life.