« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

NFL Star Steve McNair Found Dead

7/5/2009 7:27 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Steve McNairSteve McNair -- an NFL QB with the Tennesse Titans and Baltimore Ravens -- was found dead Saturday in Nashville, Tenn., according to Nashville police.

McNair suffered a fatal gunshot wound to the head in downtown Nashville. A female victim was also found dead. Police have not released the name of the female, only to say it is not McNair's wife, Mechelle.

The call to police came in at 1:35 PM. The circumstances surrounding the shooting deaths remain under active investigation.

There were no signs of forced entry at the crime scene. No suspects have been taken into custody.

Don Aaron, a spokesman for the Nashville Metro PD, told News Channel 5 in Tennessee, "When police officers arrived in response to that call, they found two individuals who had been shot to death inside the residence: one female, one male. We now know that the male deceased is Steve McNair. The female deceased has been tentatively identified. We're working to confirm that and then notify her next of kin."

McNair was a three-time Pro Bowler and was the NFL MVP in 2003. He retired in 2007.

Titans owner K.S. "Bud" Adams Jr. released this statement: "We are saddened and shocked to hear the news of Steve McNair's passing today. He was one of the finest players to play for our organization and one of the most beloved players by our fans. He played with unquestioned heart and leadership and led us to places that we had never reached, including our only Super Bowl. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family as they deal with his untimely passing."

UPDATE -- A Nashville police spokesman identified the woman as Sahel Kazemi, a "friend" of McNair's. A pistol was found near her body. She suffered a single gunshot wound to the head, police say, and McNair "was shot multiple times."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Akbar

The man was cheating on his wife,He had four kids,You have to be Real Stupid,An Idiot,Dumb as a Rock,or another Cheater to feel sorry about this..So which are YOU?

phil mianis

I'm guessing murder suicide

Akbar

I don't want the azzhole up here with me

alaskanjules

So sad to hear - " A GREAT QB" My heart goes out to his family.

Ashleeee

I feel sorry for the guy, only 39 years old....May he rest in peace!

Wow

Wow

With that logic, maybe the NFL commissioner should've gone to jail instead of Michael Vick!

Akbar

Tis a good day to die

DrArkaneX

Also, keep in mind that the area he was shot and killed in is a Prime Viewing location for the Nashville Downtown Fireworks so this may have something to do with it as well...

Ashleeee

RIP Stevey Baby!!! Atleast there is some real news out there and its NOT ALL ABOUT MJ !!!!!

Stephen Markiewicz

I'm so saddened to hear this news. I did not know up until now. WTF is going on? There have been to many deaths. There needs to be some good news. I'm actually getting sick of all this bad crapy news to. I've never seen any thing like this before in my life. PEOPLE JUST NEED TO GET A LONG WITH EACH OTHER. I'VE LOST SOME FAMILY MEMBERS THE PAST FEW YEARS. THIS IS JUST ANOTHER ROCK AND A HARD PLACE FOR ME. IF I HERE ONE MORE BAD NEWS I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M GOING TO DO. IT'S SO HARD TO DO SOMETHING BECASUE EVERY TIME YOU HERE SOMETHING IT'S JUST BAD. WHERE IS ALL THE GOOD NEWS??!! NOT LATELY. IT IS GETTING DEPRESSING.

MY PRAYERS TO THE McNAIR FAMILY. LOVED THE COMMERICALS TO. DON'T FORGET ABOUT THAT.

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY TO ALL. **WE NEED SOME PEACE AND GOOD NEWS**

Akbar

Michael Vick! The Biggest piece of CHIT in the Great State Of Virginia...Go Calfs and Hokies..

.:Loki 4Ever:.

He was an amazing QB, and will be missed. He was too young to die, and all the mean things people say, just shocks me. We all have our own "issues" but no one deserves to die this way....

ShawtyBadd.

I can't believe Steve McNair got murdered. My prayers go out to his friends and family. Lord have mercy on our souls.
All these celebrities passing away is crazy.

Akbar

83. Blame the NFL, are you kidding me? If, and this is a big if because we know nothing and some of us seem to be Olympic conclusion jumpers, but if this death was caused by his behavior and only his. The NFL is dream for many who would otherwise have no shot at all. This rhetoric drives me crazy. These are the same people that blames "society" when someone does something terrible. Personal responsiblilty is where it's at.

Posted at 6:31PM on Jul 4th 2009 by Just ME