Liz Taylor Avoiding Jackson Memorial 'Whoopla'

7/6/2009 7:03 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The guest list for tomorrow's Michael Jackson Staples Center memorial is pretty prestigious -- but one person who definitely won't be there: Dame Elizabeth Taylor.

Elizabeth Taylor Twitter
Taylor just wrote on her Twitter: "I've been asked to speak at the Staples Center. I cannot be part of the public whoopla.
And I cannot guarantee that I would be coherent to say a word. I just don't believe that Michael would want me to share my grief with millions of others. How I feel is between us. Not a public event. I said I wouldn't go to the Staples Center and I certainly don't want to become a part of it. I love him too much."

And, for the record, she also writes she's "not on suicide watch."

Ashleeee

GOOD FOR HER! I KNOW SHE PERSONALLY LOVED MICHAEL, THIS IS THE ONLY WOMAN WHO SHOULD SPEAK!
AND NOT ALL YOU DUMBAZZ FOOLS!

smiles

People grieve in their own unique way and should be allowed to do so without criticism - it is there right! I never do funerals - I can't, it does not mean I feel any less of the person, I have to deal things in my own way. Prayers to Mike, and all Family, Friends & Fans. Lets make something good out of something so sad - it is what Michael would have wanted from his passing!!!

Joanne

I really hope that Elizabeth will be able to attend the private service the family is having. From what I have read, she and Michael were very good friends and she was supportive of him for a very long time.. How cruel for someone to say such cruel, vicious, vile things about her..

I Will Take Being Born White Any Day - Thats Worth Much More To Me, #6

MJ was an embarrassment to our race. I hope he be in Hell right now.

tiger'smomaphonytoo

Of course, Elizabeth Taylor won't be at the Staples Center...she's WHITE like the rest of Michael's friends and his kids.

Tianna

Knowing how CLOSE she was to Michael Jackson I am SHOCKED if she wasn't invited to the PRIVATE FUNERAL.

This MEMORIAL SERVICE "is" a bunch of "WHOOPLA". (Its noy like Michaels BODY will be at the MEMORIAL service)
Los Angeles trying to make a PROFIT with their broke asses!

I am almost sure Michaels family invited ELIZABETH TAYLOR to the FUNERAL SERVICE (PRIVATE for FRIENDS & FAMILY ONLY) has NOTHING to do with that MEMORIAL SERVICE.

ann coulter

She doesn't Twitter. Her publicist does.

UK fan

Bravo Elizabeth! At last a dignified silence spoken from a TRUE friend.

This concert fiasco all sounds in the WORST POSSIBLE TASTE....! Thank god I'll be at work and not tempted to watch it.

Rest in peace MJ god knows you deserve it.

mariah

Bless her, I don't know how long she is going to last without him, this is aparently effecting her very deeply.

RhoyaleGold

This is BEYOND Classy.
Thanks Liz for stepping up your game.

cyringe

she sure is on something too. michael would not want you to be at his funeral but he sure would love you to twtter about it. huh, crazy people with money and Liz you are one.

cat

You go LIz!! I think you will get to see him with the private ceremony as famiily - so MJ and all of us understand. We saw you were real friend to mJ

Me

I'm glad she's not going to the Al and Jesse Show, but why is it she seems like she's the grieving widow of a 50 yr old, instead of a good friend?

Whadda-Do

This "dame" is just as freaky and full of herself as he was. She milked a bunch of men and slept her way to riches. Now she has to keep herself drugged up to cope with the guilt of being a 2-bit, cheap hussy. The reason she can't go is because she doesn't want anyone to see how messed up she is now.

cat

As much as I would like to see how the kids look - I hope they are able to skip the Staples scene also!

Liz - please twitter us how the you are doing .... we would love hear more from you...