Liz Taylor Avoiding Jackson Memorial 'Whoopla'

7/6/2009 7:03 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The guest list for tomorrow's Michael Jackson Staples Center memorial is pretty prestigious -- but one person who definitely won't be there: Dame Elizabeth Taylor.

Elizabeth Taylor Twitter
Taylor just wrote on her Twitter: "I've been asked to speak at the Staples Center. I cannot be part of the public whoopla.
And I cannot guarantee that I would be coherent to say a word. I just don't believe that Michael would want me to share my grief with millions of others. How I feel is between us. Not a public event. I said I wouldn't go to the Staples Center and I certainly don't want to become a part of it. I love him too much."

And, for the record, she also writes she's "not on suicide watch."

ly9512

Good for her! She doesn't need to be there with everyone in her face, asking questions. She needs to stay back and grieve on her own. I feel so bad for her because I think she's one of the few who are truly upset and truly hurt by this while at the same time isn't trying to get money from MJ's death.

Penny

21. She wouldn't guarantee she'd be coherent? She's as big a druggie as MJ was. That's funny!

Posted at 6:34PM on Jul 6th 2009 by HA HA

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
hmmm, I think she was referring to her GRIEF

Qragsdale

Kudos to Liz. THAT's Hollywood Royalty... too bad she's one of the only ones left.

Penny

39. When one of our soldier's dies for YOUR FREEDOM...do you Michael Jackson followers...show the same concern as you do for Michael Jackson's death?

I'm betting the answer is NOT. It's almost laughable at the coverage...our media must be the laughing stock of the world right now.
____________________________

How do YOU know what we do???????????

Penny

69. I KNEW she wouldn't go. She won't go to his funeral either. Just like she DIDN'T go to her best friend James Deans' funeral, just like she DIDN'T go to her best friend Montgomery Clifts' funeral, & just like she DIDN'T go to her best friend Rock Hudsons' funeral. Yes Liz, you really are a true friend
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Going to a funeral....shows true friendship? Who says? Where is that written as the "law of friendship"?

chicken head

selfish OLD BAG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok

damn the dame for dissing mj and his fame its a shame

Cleveland-West_Side

Maybe she's staying home to pick up where Jacko left off, GET THE CHILDREN OUTTA THE HOUSE!!!

Psyclon Nyne

One of the last of Hollywood's classy legacy that may end up being forgotten in decades to come. Good to know she stood by his side through thick and thin. I will be truly sad when she finally goes.

Dabee

Good for her!
It makes my stomach sink. Look how many are there for his death but were not there when he needed the most.
R.I.P. Michael

Penelope

I just heard on TV that Lisa Presley WAS NOT invited---------------- jeez Hmmmm........ odd.

justanotherfan

Now that is CLASS Liz. Thank you!

Nickers

If she wants to mourn or celebrate or whatever she wants to call it privatly that is fine but I don't think she should comment on the "whoopla" because MJ was all about the "whoopla"....he LOVED the "whoopla"...I think he'd be very happy to know that "the circus" is coming to town for him....

Pamela

OK, I can't quite believe that La LIz has a Twitter page, let alone that she would use it to comment, rather than releasing an official statement. However, if she has decided not to go to the circus tomorrow, good for her. I wish they had just had a private funeral and then maybe had a tribute concert for MIchael on his birthday, with the proceeds going to charity. You just know tomorrow is going to be a gong show.

RIP MJ.

beachy

I've read alot of posts and it strikes me odd that no one has ventured that Elizabeth Taylor is old and crippled now. Yes, she was lovely earlier in life.

She probably doesn't want to be seen. Geez - the writing's on the wall....