Jackson's Chosen Few Play Beat the Clock

7/6/2009 4:01 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael JacksonThe deadline to pick up Michael Jackson memorial tickets is causing a frenzy, because some of the ticket holders -- especially those who live out of state -- can't make it to the ticket counter by the 6PM deadline.

Right now, anyone who was selected to attend must present the voucher for their tickets by 6PM at Dodger Stadium.

An AEG spokesman tells us they've been receiving complaints and are now considering pushing the deadline.

Stay tuned...

Michael Madsen

I'm in and out

greg

Pick em up for Jacko

Julie

I knew something like this would happen. If people are coming from all over the world, how do they expect them to make that kind of a deadline? And on top of all that, the congestion at the airports! This is going to be crazy!

dana

They should not have applied if they couldn't be there, that is just stupid

Keegan

Anyone in LA near the Staples center? Just wondering if people have pitched tents already or what not.

A 6 p.m. deadline...hmmm...well what about those folks who's plane doesn't get in till later in the evening? Not too bright in the way of thinking these ticket vendor folks. Hope they can push the deadline...6 is just too early...

First whores!

5. This was a stupid way to give out tix and they should have expected it. And what's wrong with the morons who are complaining? Why sign up if you know you don't live in CA and might not make the deadline? IDIOTS!

Hey Einstein, did you ever consider that people would not travel to L.A. unless they were granted tickets? People were only notified last night if they were accepted. That is not enough time for some people traveling from all over the world to reach L.A. by 6 tonight. You my friend are the idiot.

just me

I ENTERED ...BUT BECAUSE I LIVE IN RI ....I WAS UNABLE TO PARTICIPATE TO WIN...ANYONE WHO LIVED IN RI...NEW YORK OR FLA!

I WAS WAITING TO BOOK A FLIGHT ....THEN I READ IN OUR NEWSPAPER...PROJO.COM WE WERE UNABLE TO PARTICIPATE ALONG WITH FLA AND NY.

RI OFFICIALS HAVE CALLS INTO THE STAPLES CENTER TO SEE WHY WE RI RESIDENTS WERE NOT ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE!

Ashleeee

JACKO IS WACKO...............ENOUGH ENOUGH ENOUGH. GET OFF MY DAM COMPUTER AND GO AWAY!

beat it

It's too bad with all the technology today that they can't wait alittle longer to have mj's memorial and yet still preserve his body so his family can decide what and where to have his memorial....they are the one's that need time at this horrible time!!!

mellow

Do not forget the fools on ebay spending thousands of dollars on voucher numbers to then find out after payment that they needed to be at dodger stadium today LOL.

It will be a madhouse but I bet there are plenty of fillers in line waiting to take the seat of no shows.

serioulsy annoyed MJ fan

i am NOT feeling at all sorry for people who cannot get to dodger stadium by the deadline. considering it is TOTAL b.s. that they even opened this ticket lottery up to the entire world in the first place, it's not suprising that this would be an issue. i mean seriously, besides complete greed based on plans to sell the tickets if won, why would anyone who had no realistic way of getting to los angeles by today to pick-up tickets even enter the drawing in the first place? all that did was limit the chances for people who could actually attend the memorial. i loved it when they announced during the registration website crashing that they were opening it up for people outside the united states as well - awesome, let's make the situation worse!
so let's see, if i were just joe average guy who lived in europe and decided to register on 7/3, i would have had to get an airline ticket reserved to fly out by the next day to get to los angeles by sunday evening to check my email and hope that i would have won tickets to go claim on 7/6. hmm, in this economy, it really seems unlikely that is going to really be an option for a lot of people and guess what that means...even more unclaimed tickets that could have been used!
at this point i say just bury the man and let his family do their mourning!

David

For those of you that think Rowe was only a surrogate mother, look at these photos of her with her children: http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/showbiz/michael_jackson/390944/The-astonishing-Michael-Jackson-family-pictures-that-could-blow-custody-battle-apart.html

Mike

#8 EXACTLY! - I won tickets. When I registered I thought I'd have at least a couple days to make travel arrangements. I wasn't going to book a flight knowing the odds of getting tickets were so slim. I found out I won the tickets at 9pm last night. I'm in Michigan so there was NO WAY I could book a flight & fly out this morning!

#5 You are a moron...

Diafel

What did they expect? Some people were not going to buy flight tickets until they were sure they could go. And then to say that they have to present their vouchers by 6:00PM? That's just plain nuts! Come on! Who was the brilliant guy who thought this scheme up in the first place? You have to be completely insane to think that this would be OK and that people could come from all over the United States and the World and make it to that deadline. Flights to schedule, never mind getting through traffic and standing in line to get there. There has to be a better way!

sad

What a MESS! My ex is required to work at this event tomorrow (law enforcement). I have a feeling he'll be coming home late and in a VERY bad mood. Watching it on television is just fine by me!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments