Mariah Carey to Sing at Jackson Memorial

7/6/2009 7:55 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Mariah CareyThe value of Michael Jackson memorial tickets has just gone up.

Multiple sources tell TMZ Mariah Carey will perform at tomorrow's Michael Jackson memorial at the Staples Center.

We're hearing she'll perform the Jackson 5 classic, "I'll Be There."

ibclbohio

All I know is Im glad I live in OHIO way way way far away from L.A........All the freaks will be there. Granted Jacksons music will live forever, but there isnt this much hoop lah when Presidents die. We just celebrated the 4th of July. Where was the Staples Center star studded tributed to "Joe Blow" and the leg he lost in IRAQ? And if Mariah could keep her singing tone to a level that humans and not only canines can hear, she isnt half bad.

1935 days ago

Woman In The Mirror

#31 you need some serious Anger Management classes!

1935 days ago

eb

I think with her singing it will be great....how could you possibly hate on one of the greatest singers of all times....she is and will always be awesome....but hey why entertain people who probably know nothing about music?? I cant wait to hear it I registered and was not chosen to get a ticket but I will be watching.....

1935 days ago

Xylophone30

If you really want to see disgust, check out eBay where the memorial vouchers are being sold upwards of $50 million dollars. I.kid.you.not. I think those are false bids/auctions, but who really knows?

This is getting out of hand and no real way to honor MJJ's passing. As for Mariah performing there, well, she did cover "I'll Be There," in the early 90s, so why not her?

rainhawk

&8 they have seemed to overlap circus this 1 and ringling bros cirsus starts in staples thursday check it out Lets Put The FUN Back in FUNERAL to bad they cant do together truely the greatest show on earth http://www.staplescenter.com/wide.php?page=events

JOEL, Jamaica

BEST CHOICE
Michael & Mariah got artist of the mellenium, Mariah one of the best selling female artist... she maybe fat and black&white who cares, STOP hating.. Michael Jackson went through some of this hate as well... she has the perfect voice to sing thing song.. LOVE HER!! Excellent choice

DomGotHerMemorialTix =)

Well I picked up my tix this morning so I'll be there sitting pretty damn close too!! =D
But Mariah has always sounded good 2 me.. not as good as b4 but still really good.
Lol u guys r hating lol

.............

I can't wait till they bury this guy already.

I'm a Psych Nurse

Okay, what is out of hand is the disrespectful comments. Why can't people let the man rest in peace? He was undoubtably the best performer of all time. he was talented and left many of us with fond memories of music and dance. This was a person so abused at the hands of his father, that he was childlike and felt more comfortable around kids.. after all, they are non-threatning. he was also found NOT guilty. Let the guy rest in peace and let him have some dignity in death. Also, Let's be respectful of his kids..they have suffered a huge loss. As far as who is singing at his memorial, Mariah is a huge talent..stop hating. Lastly, I have never met a perfect person yet...I think we should all take a close look in the mirror before condeming others.................Can you say "Man in the mirror"?! Rest in peace Michael!

diane

She should be OK as long as she is not under the influence. Sometimes she is so out of it....like when she performed at the inauguration after-party. Horrible!!

Gimme a break

As long as the woman is clothed. I know her voice isn't what it used to be, but she can still sing. I just want her to look respectable and classy like she used to look and act. That is the main reason I stopped listening to her. Haven't bought an album of hers in years. She always either acts/dresses like a sl*t or like a damn 12 year old. Grow up woman. You can come into the business and the downgrade yourself. Be the wonderful woman that you were when you first came into our lives.

luke56

why would mariah carey choose to sing such an irrelevant song at memorial service? the perfect song for her to sing would be GONE TOO SOON, the song that michael sung at the ryan white memorial. michael was a friend to ryan white and he wrote and sung this song to honor ryan at his memorial. some celebrities just totally don't get it.

.............

Didn't MIchael Jackon write "Gone too soon" for a 14 year old child who is dying? I mean Gone TOO soon" at 50 is too bad but it's not a spring chicken or a person that hardly got to live life. And the descriptions in the song reflect the passing of a child, not a freakazoid at 50 years of age which is half a century. Like a Rainbow, Like a ray of sunshine" Like a comet cross the evening sky" doesn't describe Michael Jackson - hardly.

The man pooped out 15 years ago after many hit albums and a very luxurious life. Gone Too Soon is hardly appropriated for a 50 year old man who blew it all on drugs, wealthy indulgence, and other weirdly wordly things.

DIVA

What in the Hell is going on in this whole MJ memorial... LOL... Mariah OMG what a SLUT... U cant turn a Ho into a House wife!!!! Like she is all that SHE IS NOT!!!! OMG Liz Taylor is gonna B there.. Holy Crap! Ewww I hate White Diamonds!!!! and I really hate all the coverage of this CIRCUS.... Might as well throw Britny Spears and Liz taylor and B yonce all the Weirdos saluting that Child Molesting MJ. Gross all just Gross. Rest in Hell MJ. Thank good ness... May Plastic surgery increase and all Illegal Meds sell MORE!!!! Hope CHER dont show up that'll really be the show stopper!!!!

TONE SAUCA

I THINK JANET SHOULD SING "YOU ARE NOT ALONE"
THAT WOULD SEND A SPIRITUAL MESSAGE TO MKE
AND AN EVER LASTING STATEMENT TO THE WORLD,
SIMPLY SAYING "WE ARE WITH YOU"
THOUGH YOU GONE AWAY YOU'RE ALWAYS HERE TO STAY