Brooke Shields -- Just Smile

7/7/2009 3:49 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Fighting back tears, Brooke Shields addressed the crowd at Michael Jackson's memorial today, telling everyone MJ's favorite song was Charlie Chaplin's "Smile" -- and that's exactly what everyone needs to do on this day.

Brooke Shields: Click to watch

Sera_Smiles

..such a beautiful lady who has proven to be a sincere and dear friend..

lilyx

I agree with you #1 Amanda! Brooke's speech was the most tender and sincere. She spoke about Michael with no other purpose then to honor him, a lot of the other speakers seemed angry with agendas. Magic Johnson was tacky, sounding like he was trying to turn the memorial into a custody hearing. BROOKE, USHER & then of course sweet little Paris at the end touched me the most. Very sad for the children. :*(

Gab

Thank You Brook. A class Act for sure. You humanized an Icon, who has suffered all his life from a manipulative Father, and a Slanderous & Malicious Society, encouraged by horrid paparazzi. In spite of the time that separated your relationship with MJ, your true love & loyalty to your friendship shined through. You presented the private side of this ever fun loving & dedicated human being. He is blessed to have your friendship, and the appreciation of millions around the globe. May heaven be all that he missed here on earth. Just wish I knew someone like you to speak at my memorial service.

NO Al Sharpton ! ! !

cherryblossoms

Its nice to smile but its very hard to do that sometimes. That was really nice song that Jermaine sang he sure had some strength to do that, same with Brooke I could have never done that if I was grieving. God bless them.

mjthriller45

I found a photo gallery of Michael Jackson’s Memorial Service LIVE Today. He will greatly be missed by people all over the world. I watched the service today remembering the “King of Pop”. There were performances from Mariah Carey and appearances from Usher to pay tribute to the legend. Check out the gallery here:

kelly

i believe she did belong there.. she was close to him for very important years and they got to be kids together.. he didn't have many "kid" friends.. so i believe she belonged there very much so.. when you get older you don't see your old mates any more at times.. but i still remember mine and i had many.. M J didn't have many.. she belonged there

janey

only cos she did him

i wont remember him....

out of my thoughts 30 years ago

kavicsgym

Beautiful, touching and sincere speech from a beautiful woman.
I wish I could have been there to remember Michael.
I grieve every day and I feel deep sorry for such a good sould to be so much tortured by our inhuman world. It must have been very hard to leave through his past 15 years, especially for such a sensitive man. I feel deep sympathy for that and I hope at least his kids gave him happiness.
We so much lack empathy in today'a world.
From Hungary.

starla

bad acting! she could do better than this!

carrie

Brooke is a big girl. She was acting and it WAS BAD ACTING?? She was trying to be cute and funny and no one was enjoying it. She is not good at comedy, leave it to the pros Brooke. It seemed awkward and I was just uncomfortable for her. She is just trying to resurrect a career and she clearly needs to retire.................

Ben

umm, let's see...she was there because she was INVITED there, perhaps?

MJ-Fan

I found her speech to be the sincerest and most heartfelt of all. Every word touched me and brought tears to my eyes. Well done Brooke, you managed to capture both his humanity and humility so beautifully. We all know of his achievements, so it's great that you gave us, his fans, something else.
I love you Michael.

Hollywood's a Hazard

We are the rich... We are the famous...

.............

Bad acting job. "perched on a crescent moon". Whatever.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments