Reality TV's Ruby -- Big, Big Star

7/14/2009 2:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

She dropped 100 lbs and gained a ton of fans ... we're talking about Style Network reality star Ruby Gettinger.

Ruby Gettinger: Click to watch
The now 400 lb Southern belle was bombarded yesterday at The Grove -- where one fanatic let us all know, for the record, Ruby "smells amazing."

Confused

Ruby is trying hard to save her life and deserves praise, not ridicule for doing so.

ps First!!

Good Girl

I love her!!!!! Go RUBY!!!!!!!

EGGO

I'm glad to hear that she smells good.....I always thought that she stank

janey

kills me how they add how she smells. Like .. because she can't fully scrub every inch of her body she might have an odor.. cause over time areas start furmenting causing a molding hue... almost like a damp basement ... thank goodness for masking purfumes !! HOOORAY

synapse

Loyal viewers know that Ruby is below 400 pounds with her eye on going below 350 very soon.

tt367

wish u all the luck in the world, u keep it up

Nancy

Ruby is truly a beautiful, kind person. Let's see how fast TMZ can rip her shreads!!

toodles

I tried watching her show a few times, but then gave up. What she's doing is hard work and inspirational, but wow, she was annoying. Her voice was like nails on a chalk board to me, so whiny, and she seemed very babyish and helpless. I wish her luck, but I won't be watching.

ilovetheshowmadmen

go Ruby, GO RUBY, GO RUBY~~~

nobama

While I commend anyone's efforts to drop weight, Ruby and others like her will not be successful if they don't drop the behavior and victimization that got them to where they are right now. Losing 100 pounds is something to be proud of however when I see clips of her telling her trainers that 'something is not connecting', I want to scream. Here is the connection, get on the treadmill, stop your whining and nut up.

deleta

Go, Rubes, go!

Whamo

What a Fatty Fatty Fat Fat!!!!!

Really?

#12...her knees were hurting her. At some point, you have to say "This is my body...and something isn't right." Her trainers shouldn't have gotten territorial and defensive. They should've listened to the advice of her physician! The trainers were soooo annoying in that episode. It's like they care about having her money (as a client) but don't care about the best thing for her health. Everyone knows that you shouldn't let a routine stay the same for too long anyway.

Ziggy

What an amazing woman. Have never seen her show, and this is the 1st I have heard of her story...what an inspiration!!

curious

i'm certain the woman who made the remark about ruby smelling amazing was not making it as a slam to her! she probably had a great scent on and was being complimented on it. ruby has always been a beautiful woman not matter what her size!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments