MJ's

Explosive Pepsi Shoot Video

25 Years Later

7/15/2009 2:36 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Video from the 1984 Pepsi shoot where Michael Jackson's hair caught fire ... finally released.

The video, obtained by US Magazine, shows exactly what went down when a pyrotechnic mishap ended in Michael's scalp being scorched.

After the accident, Jackson became addicted to painkillers.

boston man

Commercial director Bob Giraldi is responsible for the demise of MJ.

jesus

haaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaaaaaa damn that was funny. richard pryor marathon all over again!!!!

Las Vegas Greg

pederast.

At the autopsy they found children’s underwear strapped to Michael Jackson’s upper arm. According to his doctors it is just a patch, he’s been trying to quit for a while.

Thank you -- I'm here all week.

I laugh at Michael Jackson supporters.

prairiedog

"21. Great , Now the morons are going to use it to make fun of him."

"29. this is to much!!!! i can believe TMZ is putting this on internet. Nothing can stay private even not after his dead."

*******
I agree with you #21 and 29. #21 I'm sure that is why TMZ posted it. Enough is enough. It's a shame this has been posted. I don't get why people get great pleasure off of somebody else's misfortune. This isn't funny and I don't get why people are laughing at this. What a terrible accident. How would you feel if you got your head burned? I seriously doubt you would be laughing.

Josh

So I wonder who pushed the button? :op It's really a shame, but as bad as his addiction was with such powerful narcotics, it's a miracle that he was able to make it that many more years.

Kim

Michael was bald after this happened. He was wearing wigs for years. Rest easy Michael you were the best.

rosa123

i cant believe this has been posted...the press is totally out of control and being irresponsible...this was a terrible experience for this "human being", he was human people..

I can no longer stomach this..poor michael..this is just terrible.. I will not be tuning in to tmz or any other site..it wasnt enough that we tore him apart in life..but we have to continue in his death.

jesus

mike jackson is in hell. where the little boys have vaginas. haaaaaaaaaaaaa

MJ is ♥

MJ was still dancing, performing not realizing he was on fire until he was helped.
MJ is never forgotten.

mmmbeanie

OMG, they should have shown this years ago...unless Michael didn't want it shown...the man didn't even know he was on fire. You can see the damage at least on his head, don't know about the face. But I could see that maybe he could have burnt his hands as well trying to put out the fire. I am almost sure this is what got him addicted, don't know if it would have happened later on. But I see this as his downfall...

Ned

Too bad it didn't roast his huevos!

Cathy

That looks fake

ben

please baby i feel pain

wtf

There is nothing wrong with showing this video. I think a lot of people thought the fire was no big deal. This video shows it was in fact a serious accident that explains the beginning of his addiction.

I'm so sick of people complaining about what the media shows yet they are the very people that sit and wait for the next pic or story to come out. Stop being such f@cking hypocrites!!

Jake

Just goes to show you, people are quick to judge without having all the facts. Now that we've seen the extent of the fire. It makes sense that he had to start wearing those wigs. The poor guy prob couldnt grow hair over the burned area anymore. To be at the top of your game and have something trajic like this happen.....would mess anyone one up. I agree with everyone else. We had no idea the amount of pain and agony Michael Jackson was suffering.