Madonna's Stage Collapses

One Dead

7/16/2009 1:54 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The stage for Madonna's concert in Marseille, France collapsed today, killing one person and injuring nine.

Madonna: Click to watch
The collapse occurred at the Velodrome stadium where Madonna was going to perform on July 19. We're told the roof of the stage collapsed on top of the workers. Fire officials in Marseille tell us two of the injured workers are in critical condition -- one is an American.

madonnaFrench papers say the concert has been canceled.

UPDATE: Madonna has issued the following statement: "I am devastated to have just received this tragic news. My prayers go out to those who were injured and their families along with my deepest sympathy to all those affected by this heartbreaking news."

UPDATE
: A second man is now being reported as dead.

Story developing...

Woo Hoo!!!!

The cold hearted wench probably isn't even sad. As a matter of fact, she's probably b*tching about how she's going to lose money now since the concert is cancelled. She's so phony.

sandra

thats horrible. my thoughts go out to the families that had some injuried or killed. at least we didnt loose another pop artist of all time we already lost m.j =[

HEIDI

So they put up a pic of Madonna, why not a pic of the guy who died? Oh that's right, he's not famous like Madonna or MJ, so sad.

gary

She's just crushed over this.

chicken head

HEY!!?? i thought all of Madonnas fans were gay??
that remark was almost clever -
but she is a CRACK WHORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

43. poster number one is an example of evil gay losers infected with stds that sit around on there computers all day with nothing better to do.

Posted at 1:41PM on Jul 16th 2009 by asmith161718

s jules

Since she acts like the Savior of the world, who has NO business adopting anyone from any country, and she IS the boss of the show, she should be held financially accountable. Is she going to telephone the families of the dead and injured workers and offer her support? Is she going to attend the funeral or go to the hospital? HELL NO!!! She is going to have a pity party for herself, and try to keep the blame from where it belongs, right on her has-been freak-show blasphemous self.

Carter Forster - London, Ontario, Canada

I told the world. There's NOTHING at all (((positive))) in Madonna being in this world. :-(

why?

I just don't give a F%$#.

Ewwww

I hate Madonna. She's a bitch. I don't like her music at all. I do feel bad for the fellow who died though. Tis very Sad. RIP.

Woo Hoo!!!!

Does anybody care about this old whore anymore other than Europe? I guess not and that's why she's only doing her Sticky & Stale tour in Europe this year. Oh well, as long as she's out of America!

Just sayin'

This is a sign from God, Madge! Your killing people with your crappy music!
Retire already!!!

ToontownJuggalo

This is an unfortunate turn of events...! Do you think Madonna will adopt a little african baby and name it in honour of the guy who was killed? Just curious...

"My prayers go out to those who were injured and their families along with my deepest sympathy to all those affected by this heartbreaking news."

Right, your prayers will really help the greiving families.

How bout with all that cash you wipe you ass with every day you offer money to them, you're prayers and thoughts are useless. Give them money to make up for their loss you grimey old hag.

nony

Such mean-spirited, cruel, immature people commenting on this site. I certainly hope these comments aren't representative of the greater majority in this world. Such hateful people who can't write, can't spell, can't feel compassion, can't survive...

anonymous

Oh God. Am I the only person whose perverse instant thought was that it was purposely done to get attention?!