Michael Jackson's Unreleased Song

7/16/2009 2:55 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The song -- "A Place with No Name" -- sounds similar to the song "A Horse with No Name" released by the group America back in 1971. We're told several years ago America's manager gave his group's permission for Michael Jackson to record the song, "A Place with No Name" -- despite the similarity.

America's current manager, Jim Morey, who was also Michael's manager in the late 80's and early 90's, tells us, "The band was honored that Michael chose to do their song and they hope it becomes available for all Michael's fans to hear."

It's unclear when Michael recorded the song.

arabela

So nice to hear him once again;he could have rearranged and created so many other songs-and his unique voice.Thanks,TMZ.com from Bucharest,Romania

leylatn

Michael,
I'm trying to do my best with all those haters, but I can't deal with them anymore...Please forgive me if I strangle a couple of them!!

Zorayada

@59: Janet sampled America's "Ventura Highway" for her song "Someone To Call My Lover".

I wish this had been released instead of some of the tracks that ended up on HIStory and Invincible. I can't wait for an official release! :)

TRU FAN

MJ is so amazing. He has over 200 unreleased songs, so he is going to be with in spirit and song for many more years to come. I hope they make this song into a ringtone so I can get it at www.MichealJacksonringtones.com

Ahem

Love it. Where's the rest?

jack

only a genuis like MJ could take a lousey song and make it magical. Your fellow musicians salute you Michael and wouldn't let your music die! ever!

Tim

Seemed very derivative. Of course, that's how it's done these days.

D. Tektive

Cool song...I'd like to hear the whole thing. Hey...anyone else notice that comment about Ringo Starr? Does he really have cancer?

Ahem

@72 - I hope someone is already working on cloning MJ. We want him back!

Sunsetdriver

What a voice!! Our Michael...I miss him.

Come on TMZ...don't tease us...give us a gift and leak the whole song, please!

SS

Sounds awesome!! Just hearing those MJ vocals is woah...what a gifted singer!! Wonder where the tune came from...

fordtocarr

Why can't I get it to play?? It says save??? Then I do and it's gone.....

Marc E. Shelton

Oh, my God someone release this song immediately. iTunes - Please. This song would go to number one on the charts so fast.

chicken head

SUCK ASS SONG!!!!!!!!!

Las Vegas Greg

TMZ WORLD EXCLUSIVE

TMZ locates Michael Jackson's body!

He's in the chillllerrrr, chilllllerrrrr!