The Grass Is Greener in New York

7/16/2009 1:05 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Joseph Simmons, Jr. -- son of rap legend Rev Run -- just pled guilty to one charge of disorderly conduct in New York after being busted last May for marijuana possession.

Joseph Simmons Jr.
As part of the plea, the 19-year-old's possession charge was dropped -- he'll only have to serve one day of community service. That's gotta hurt.

TORI

ONE DAY OF COMMUNITY SERVICE IS NOTHING. THIS KID IS SO SPOILED IT'S NOT FUNNY, HE'S AN EMBARRASSMENT TO HIS FAMILY, WONDER WHAT REVEREND RUN GAVE HIM AS PUNISHMENT, A PORSHE PERHAPS!!!?!

karenjj

Jo Jo is young and made a mistake. Rev Run and his family are wonderul, caring people. The best of kids will experiment with drugs. Rev Run wears a collar because he is a pastor - hello,! I admire how Run's family handle themselves - AND they never judge people - take a lesson people!!

hamilTonyan

good family show,hope he learns his lesson.

You know who I am

OMG!! It's just POT people...wich most of your kid's are probably smoking it right now..what are they supposed to lock him up.Go after real criminals... It's either because the kids black or his dad is a celebrity that you are acting outraged.

R

I thought this family was squeaky clean...I hope JoJo realizes that spending time smoking pot is not very productive and moves on to other more important things in life.

paulakitty805

I can't believe he is only getting off w/1 day! omg!! are you kidding??anyone else and they would be gone for a long time!! why is it all celebrity kids seem to get a break?? and don't tell me they don't!! 1 day???? My friend got more time for less stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BRANDI

YOU CAN TOTALLY TELL THAT HE IS AN OUTCAST IN HI FAMILY. I CAN TOTALLY TELL THAT HIS DAD DOESN'T LIKE HIM AND TREATS HIM DIFFERENTLY THAN THE REST OF THE KIDS. JOJO IF YOU ARE READING THIS I FEEL SORRY FOR YOU :(

Why is everything on this website about race?

OK...............it was a simple possession charge. His first offense. Where is the problem. The Kid from Harry Potter, had a Felony..........Possession of controlled substance with intent to sell/deliver/manufactor. There is a huge difference, and to top it off, he isn't in AMERICA.

Why is everything on this website about race?

14. More special treatment for black "celebrities". This is just ridiculous.

Posted at 3:56PM on Jul 16th 2009 by lensmanct

Please, if you want to say it like that. The only blacks that get special treatment, lets not talk about all the white kids that get a break. Grow the hell up. Its not a blk or white thing stupid.

Paulie Wants a Cracker

I don't believe this family and the hype of being a strong family in there faith. Maybe Hammer can show us what a tight close family with real faith can be. To some weed isn't so bad but it is a sign of weakness and you would think he would have enough strength being raised by his father to avoid it. I'm sure he is a pot head and I think the family is fake. I loved how Justine was trying to talk to diggy about his grades and she spoke the worse english, nothing very educated about her. Maybe she should go back to school for proper english. I never understood why a family with money don't promote education first and then let them go off and stereotypes after a college education. Not one of his kids is a college grad. Low to no ambiton and they will bleed Uncle Russ dry. Good luck with that, I'm sure Russ'es kids will be highly educated. Asian mommies don't play that.

causeiamok

well the apple doesn't fall far from the tree does it?

ME

TYPICAL CELEB JUSTICE!!!!!!!!!! WHERE'S THE DRUG CLASSES??? 1DAY OF COMMUNITY SERVICES... TYPICAL BABY SLAP FOR WEALTHY CITIZENS....

ME

WHISKEY GIRL YOU NEED TO LEARN HOW TO SPELL, MAYBE TO MUCH WEED!!!!!!

jdub

This is the black version of the Hulk knows best.

nightcrawler

First of all always stuff your weed up your JOJO,Second, always Run from the police!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments