Settlement Near in Jackson Custody Case

7/17/2009 4:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

We're told lawyers for Debbie Rowe and Katherine Jackson are working out a custody settlement and the discussions are amicable. One source connected with the case tells us, "It should be settled very soon."

Micheal Jackson's KIds
As for what they're discussing, our sources say the custody of the children -- not money -- is the issue on the table, but that it looks pretty clear Katherine Jackson will end up with custody, assuming the judge goes along. As for what Debbie Rowe wants ... we're told she too is interested in making sure the children are okay.

We're told Rowe is still collecting money from an agreement she and Michael struck several years ago, around the time of the child molestation trial. That agreement was drafted so it will survive Michael's death.

As for additional money, we're told Rowe is not requesting that. In fact, our sources say lawyers for Jackson's estate have not even been consulted about the discussions between lawyers for Katherine and Debbie. If there were any issue of additional monies, the estate lawyers would have been consulted.

MIchael Jackson Family Pictures Click to view!

It's him for sure

Don't the kids look a lot like Michael??????

Posted at 4:18PM on Jul 17th 2009 by MJ fan
______________________________________________________
Yes, they certainly do I've been noticing many times. They look just like Michael, eyes and everything. As they get older they will look even much more like Michael. They share alot of his DNA.

Kaybee

MIKEY!! YOU ARE TOO FUNNY!!! LOL LOL

TEAMBRANCA

DEBBIE DON'T LET JOE NEAR THOSE KIDS

REAL

WHAT !!!!!!

THEY LOOK LIKE BRANDEN NOT MICHAEL..
AFTER ALL BRANDO IS THE FATHER OF ALL 3 CHILDREN....

WAKE UP ,,, DAMN SOME OF YOU ARE JUST SO BLIND....

Jessica

Okay, so enough is enough! I'm sick of hearing about MJ. I feel bad for his kids and family...but god does it ever end. As far as the Debbie Rowe thing...maybe she saw her daughter upset at the memorial and realized she loved those kids. Everyone is always hating on her. Sure she hasn't been a parent, but those were her choices. I think those kids will eventually want to know who their mother is. For the children, they need to resolve this thing letting her have a little parental rights. I don't believe for one second that the children don't know that she's their mother. I'm sure they know how to use the internet. If they are reading this, "Please form your own opinions of the people around you. Don't let everyone else do it for you. I'm sure your father showed you the difference between a good person and a bad person. Don't let the money go to your head, and don't let anyone steal it from you."

elizabevitale

Deb, Do you talk back to the voices you hear in your head? Funny comments to waste time. TMZ imoderator s just as guilty of tabloid junkie post cutting.

MJFan

dont u guys think if debbie rowe wanted money, she could so get the money elsewhere, no need for the Jacksons! she could write a book, sell her story to a few tv shows, sell her story to a few magazines..etc. She would make more than the $4 million ppl are talking about. So I really think (Im giving her the benefit of the doubt) that she is doing this for Michael. look at his OWN family, his sister Latoya and brother Tito sold their story to British tabloids two days after the memorial!!! And Joe sold his story to ABC. Again, she could make a LOT of money if she decides to talk but she isnt and hasnt!

Alibaba

I have some important things to write about. I know what went on with MJ and TMZ keeps pulling my posts. They don't want the truth.

Alibaba

68. Deb, go to the library of congress and research my writings back in the 90's. I really don't care who believes me. I am not a seller of my soul for a story or any other issue. These are children not furniture. Children we all were once. Debbie Rowe, how would you feel if you were sold?

Posted at 4:25PM on Jul 17th 2009 by elizabeth

But MJ bought them. I am a writer. Check out my writings in the 90's

It's him for sure

77. MICHAEL JACKSON IS A PEDOPHILE!!
MICHAEL JACKSON IS A PEDOPHILE!!

Posted at 4:28PM on Jul 17th 2009 by MICHAEL JACKSON IS A PEDOPHILE!!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

YOU'RE going straight to hell!!! Have fun there!!

REAL

HEY JW
91. For one thing Debbie Rowe is after money. The second time she sold the kids to michael she had already been paid, it is so strange how people can now believe that Michael is still paying her spousal support 10 years after they got divorce. They are calling the money she is getting part of that settlement. DEBBIE ROWE IS SELLING THE KIDS AGAIN, THIS TIME TO MICHAEL'S MOTHER. IT IS SO FUNNY THAT PEOPLE BELIEVE ANY AND EVERY THING ABOUT THE JACKSONS BUT SOME OF YOU BELEIVE DEBBIE ROWE, COULD IT BE THE COLOR OF THE SKIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted at 4:39PM on Jul 17th 2009 by JW

-------------
DID YOU NOT READ THE STORY ????
IT SAYS WHAT DEBBIE HAS BEEN SAYING ALL ALONG..
SHE WANTS NO MORE MONEY...

SHE GOT A DIVORCE SETTLEMENT AND GETS ALIMONY
JUST LIKE A NORMAL DIVORCE...

CW

The kids just like MJ's body guard. Miko Brando. Son of Marlon Brando.

elizabevitale

If this was only a typical divorce settlement why did she come back on Michael for a second round of money? BS

Deb

Yes, Elizabeth, I do talk back to them and sometimes even interrupt myself! It's hell being off my medication....

As a matter of fact that is all I am doing is wasting time...am going out of town for the weekend and can't leave until after rush hour. So here I am at TMZ tormenting people I don't even know...wait...that description could fit most of us!