Akon, Bone Thugs Sued Over Stolen Beats

7/19/2009 2:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The guys who sued Common this week for copyright infringement are now taking aim at Bone Thugs-n-Harmony and Akon -- accusing them of ripping off the exact same song!

Bone Thugs & Akon
In a lawsuit filed the day after Common's, Songster, LLC -- which owns the rights to the song "When Will the Day Come" -- claims Bone, Akon and producer Swizz Beatz jacked their music for the collaboration "I Tried."

Songster is seeking unspecified damages -- no word on who they'll sue next.

tifosi44

Who actually cares about useless bums like these? Excuse me while I have a big YAWN.

tj

Its always funny when people come and type "who cares" whne obviously you do or you wouldn't have taken the time out to comment right? And some people should google these artists before they make baseless comments. Its very annoying and ignorant. Rappers are surely not the only people to sample beats, or do covers, no?

M.P.

Are black men not allowed to smile in pictures?

Shay

chico must like guys, and steve, if it takes no talent why dont you become a rapper, i dont think you have it in ya.

Rampage

My bone is a bizzy bone.

Big Tex

It takes no talent to sample other peoples' music. The ones who wrote the original music have the talent. As for selling millions of records proving talent, just remember Milli Vanilli sold millions of records and won a Grammy, alas, no talent. With today's technology, you don't really know who can sing and who can not. Kanye West is a perfect example. Btw, that applies to all entertainers, not just rappers. All I am saying, to be considered a musician, you should be able to pick up a musical instrument and play it and write music on it. I would classify rappers as entertainers (some being very good).

Hip Hop Beats

Beatjacking is an unfortunate side to the music business. And just to answer to the post above.. Rappers are poets and rhymers... producers make the music and are usually real musicians.. Beatmakers on the other hand are simply creative dudes with access to samples and FLStudio. hahaha..

1SexciChocolate

Well all I can say is I was a Fan till things got ugly and now I got a guy that says he will take care of whats his and now were going to court so thank you Layzie Bone (Steven Howse) see you soon.

lawrence