Gone with the Wind

7/19/2009 1:44 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The 93-year-old resurfaced at some event, looking adorable.

Olivia de Havilland

Olivia is the last surviving lead from "Gone with the Wind."

Her younger sister is actress Joan Fontaine, who she hasn't spoken to since 1975.

COMMENTS

Inny

For all the people that wrote/write "she's a great lady"...

do you know her?

If not....

than you can't know what you don't know.

You hope she's a great lady.

Hoping doesn't make it so.

Or...does it.?

Whatever gets you through the night, it's alright, it's alright.
Do it wrong or do it right, it's alright, it's alright.

Mememememememe

MANY OF YOU ARE DUMBER THAN A DOOR KNOB! LET ME SEE YOUR TEETH AT THE AGE OF 93!

Cari

What is wrong with some of you and your ridiculous comments.... Teeth are not supposed to be bleached as white as snow. That is an American ''problem''' you all think teeth have to be pure white and look like a perfect semi circle .... They dont ! Teeth are naturally an ivory colour... and 'naturally' darken as we age. Teeth are 'naturally' tearing into food and not for smiling for cameras which seems to be what Americans think teeth are for. I'm all for straightening to improve a natural bite or for getting a tooth that cuts a lip or side of mouth by protruding...but you are all so concerned about being cosmetically pleasing to the eye its disgusting and shallow to say the least... and attacking a 93 yr old for her 'own' teeth is appalling.

jmod1978

Olivia de Havilland stood up to the studios and broke the system, benefitting not just herself (no more typecasting as Melanie--and she won Oscars for her breaking-type roles) but ALL actors and actresses. She may be elegant and gentle, but she's also bold and courageous. And she still has that lovely, honey-sweet voice. Why is she not doing voiceovers in animated feature films?

HasBeens

You people will have to forgive some of these younguns. I am half Ms. DeHavilland's age and I have 15 teeth left in my mouth, soon to lose four or five more. I would be happy to have Ms. D's no matter what they look like...and frankly mine don't look much better, probably worse. I never would have thought that I would end up toothless (it's coming) because I always took care of my teeth...dentists still can't explain why they are progressively decaying. While it makes it difficult to eat the things I love, I have to say, that there are more important things in life than teeth.

willy

"Lady In a Cage" was Olivia's best movie.

Whatajoke

She is 93 & her sis is 92........anyone would hope to look half as good as these two in their 90's!

Bethany Sweet

Love, love, LOVE Olivia! Mercy, I thought she must have passed many years ago, and here she is! Looking lovely as ever, a charming woman. So happy she is alive and well.

LNDZ

She looks amazing. Such a talent, too, as is her sister.

Winsome Davis III

She looks like Benny Hill.

Haitham Fekry

She looks very classy, always loved her

loretta

Olivia you look better at 93 than I do at 42!!! Julie I think you are thinking about "the Snake Pit" a movie she starred in where she was in a mental institution.

Eileen Gatti

Two words....teeth whitening.

idaho potato

I love her. Pure class and natural beauty. Amazing woman. I would love to sit and talk to her. What stories she could tell us all about Hollywood and the other great acters/actresses she knew.

Olivia and Maureen O'Hara are two of the classy 'dames' from that era. Why aren't THEY working in films? Wake up you film producers and movie mogals!

Tammy

Still beautiful.... Gone With the Wind is my favorite movie of all time.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments