Gone with the Wind

7/19/2009 1:44 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The 93-year-old resurfaced at some event, looking adorable.

Olivia de Havilland

Olivia is the last surviving lead from "Gone with the Wind."

Her younger sister is actress Joan Fontaine, who she hasn't spoken to since 1975.

COMMENTS

Dixie

She is absolutely lovely! Gone with the Wind is my favorite movie of all time, and she was perfect choice to play Melanie Wilkes. I cannot imagine anyone else playing that role ever.

Annie

A classy lady and a GREAT actress. She's 93 years old, has her own teeth, looks great, bless this darling lady. MY FAVORITE FILM -- THE HEIRESS! IN WHICH SHE WON BEST ACTRESS!!! OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCE!!

I Will Take Being Born White Any Day - Thats Worth Much More To Me, #6

Rule #1: Substitute “he/him” or “she/her”: If it's either “he” or “she,” then it's “who;” if it's “him” or “her,” then it's “whom.”

AnnieCat

Ms. DeHavilland is a PRIME example of class and serenity in someone who survived Hollywood and obviously avoided the pitfalls that have taken so many talented actors! Her honesty as an actress and person is truly inspiring! In an era when almost every aging star has numerous plastic surgeries to try to recapture youth and beauty, it is obvious to me that Ms. DeHavilland has kept her own face as it aged ever so gracefully. No teeth-bleaching or veneers for her! She is truly an admirable, dear lady and a one of the greatest actresses who ever lived!

Lori

Did she play the part of "Melanie" in Gone with the Wind?

Sher

OMG she is adorable! Talk about killer genes! She wins hands down!

Nuts

Man oh man she was good in her day.Best bj i ever got-was on the back lot at Paramount.I tell you Gable was some jealous when he heard that.He was nailing Carol Lombard at time though-lucky devil.

s.b

"Best bj i ever got-was on the back lot at Paramount."

That's real cool. I think the actresses from the 20s through the 50s were generally more appealing than the ones of later times, although I don't care much for the movies. They seemed to have more style.

crystal

Ugh, I am trying to find something nice to say about this woman, but can't think of anything other than say that she needs to have those old,yellow teeth knocked out of her head, and have a new whiter grilled slapped inside that head.

Uhhh... DUH!

Hello.. Joan Fontaine DIED in 1994.. so how the hell could she speak to her now? Morons.. complete morons...

ODHROCKS

Joan Fontaine is very much alive and living quietly in California. Its called IMDB.com. Use it.

Miss de Havilland is looking wonderful and spry for 93! Although it is from 2004, check out the extra "Melanie Remembers" from the latest DVD release of GWTW. As sharp and eloquent as she was in the film 70 years ago!

SERIOUSLY!!!

The is a SERIOUS example how Hollywood grows old with grace & refinement! Seriously folks she is STILL a beauty!

SJ

Lovely for 93 indeed .

:what ev errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Wow, I didn't even know Ms. Dehavilland was still alive. God bless her.

OnPoint

I love Olivia DeHaviland. You can normally catch her in something on the Turner Classic Movie channel as they show older movies from like the 1930's and classics from recent days. Even though I am younger, I just love that channel and watching it religeously during the Winter months has educated me on some of the older generation of stars ..... down from their speach to their dress I'd say very impressive acting ..... YOU GO MS. DeHavilland !!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments