Welcome to Hollywood -- Abdul Threatens 'Idol'

7/19/2009 11:01 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Paula AbdulPaul Abdul is hurt, angry and threatening to quit "American Idol" ... like "60 Minutes" wants to snatch her up.

It's absurd, but Abdul's manager told the L.A. Times, "Very sadly, it does not appear that she's going to be back on 'Idol," adding "Idol" producers have been "rude and disrespectful" by not offering her a new deal.

Ok, let's now get real. Our "A.I." spies say Abdul is raking in about 2 1/2 million bucks a year -- a nice check, but compared to the $15 mil a year that Ryan Seacrest just sealed ...

In Hollywood, stars have to talk the walk in order to rob the bank. Paula's manager says since "Idol" hasn't offered her a new deal she's now considering starting a competitive show. Here's the deal ... Paula tried starting her own series a few years back with Paramount .... NIGHTMARE! The idea crashed and burned.

So it's yet another ploy for more moolah, and more power to her. Whatever the deal it's a long way from Paula's first season paycheck -- our "A.I." spies say she was pulling in $5,000 a week.

i love the 80

WHY SHOULD THEY CUT HER A NEW DEAL, YOU CANT MAKE HEADS OR TAILS OF THE JIBBERISH SHE SAYS NOW. I GUESS SHE NEEDS MORE MONEY TO KEEP UP THAT DRUG HABIT SHES GOT GOING ON. IM SO OVER IDOL ITS ALL FIXED ANYWAY!! THE ONLY ONE THAT MAKES ANY SINCE IS SIMON. WHO CARES WHAT THE REST OF THEM NOBODY'S SAY!! I HOPE SHE DOESNT COME BACK , BUT IF SHE DOES IM SLAM NOT WATCHING IT.

They about to get paid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm about tired of her and all her whining,name a show that she can make more money on,none,her reality series flopped just like her career,American Idol should kick her to the curb,all she is there for is to show people her ugly jewelry line.,5000.00 per week ,any american would jump at that

They about to get paid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All she does is show her boobs and her jewelry line , I don't think she is a good judge,I think playboy would give her more if she dropped her drawers, we all heard her sing and it really did suck,she's lucky they kept her this long,I WANT Cheryl Cole TO BE A JUDGE,SHE IS WORTH LOOKING AT

Homie1Kanobe

PAULA, STOP DOING HEROIN

Homie1Kanobe

PAULA STOP DOING HEROIN NOW

Homie1Kanobe

STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT

Homie1Kanobe

STOP STICKING THOSE NEEDLES IN YOUR ARMS ....YOU FOOL YOU

Homie1Kanobe

END THE HEROIN HABIT NOW

Homie1Kanobe

NARCOTICS ANONYMUS WWW.NA.ORG

Kasar99

They can just replace her with whats-her-name who can show up in a bikini and write horrible songs every week to make it all about her.

Then maybe people will stop watching this crap.

Chris

Reading these comments makes me hate people. And it especially makes me hate anybody who is young and immature, which is the vast majority of the bloggers here.

Felicidad

The reason I do not intend to watch Idol anymore is that I cannot bear the mannered and unpleasant Mr. Cowell. Ryan Seacrest is an unimportance insofar as the success of the show is concerned, a fussy leering intrusion in the flow of the program. At least one could watch Paula Abdul in the hope that she would have a public meltdown or a fit as she went into withdrawal. Now there is nothing interesting except the talent, and the wrong contestants win. Adam Lambert was robbed.

redE2retire

Paula's comments were much clearer this year. She admitted having been addicted to pain pills, but must have done better this season than in the past. The show makes millions from ads based on audience size; the show has the $ to pay all of them a lot. I have watched every season, and the best singer does not always win. Chris Daughtry came in 3rd. I thought he should have won. I was rooting for Lambert this year. The show does not need 4 judges, and Kara's comments usually mirrored Simon's, they were too alike. I like the 3 original judges, who each bring a unique perspective. And seriously, for those of you saying that Paula can't sing or dance? Get real. She can. Of course, her dancing is better than her singing.

Sam Sunshine

But then again Hollywood loves for you to hit rock bottom and make a clean drug free come back. Heroin is cleaner then taking all the pills to get high I just wonder when she is going to get tired of chasing the dragon?

Janet