Busted Harvard Prof

Drops 'Yo Mama' Joke

on Cop

7/20/2009 4:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0720_gates-1Even the nation's pre-eminent African-American scholar isn't afraid to bust a yo' mama joke -- especially when he's getting busted by cops.

Cambridge police arrested Harvard Professor Henry Louis Gates, Jr. for disorderly conduct last Thursday night. Gates was going into his house when police responded to a call that two black males were breaking in.

According to the police report, 58-year old Gates got into it pretty good with Sgt. Crowley, and that's when ...

"As I began walking through the foyer toward the front door, I could hear Gates again demanding my name. I again told Gates that I would speak with him outside. His reply was "ya, I'll speak with your mama outside."

As you can imagine, the argument got more heated after that and Gates was taken into custody.

Professor -- everyone knows it's "yo' mama." Not "your mama."

REAL

THATS RIGHT

ALWAYS BLAME THE WHITE GUY, HE WAS DOING HIS JOB... IF THE COP WAS BLACK WE WOULD NOT
BE READING THIS BECAUSE THE PROFESSOR WOULD NOT HAVE ASKED NOT HE DID. RACIST

AS IF THE BLACK GUY COULD NEVER TO ANY WRONG... YEAH RIGHT !!!!
THE BLACK PROFESSOR IS A RACIST BIGOT.....

REAL

16. Read the whole story over at yahoo news. He was breaking into his own house after his door jammed. A woman reported the incident. Instead of being grateful that the cops responded so quickly to a potential burglary, he got all bent out of shape because he's black and is wearing a huge chip on his shoulder. Black people need to get over it. Hey....I'd be happy if the cops where protecting my neighborhood that well. I'd also be respectful of the authorities and let them sort things out. Just goes to show you, Professors aren't so smart after all.

Posted at 8:15PM on Jul 20th 2009 by Mike

I AGREE MIKE,,,,EVERYTHING WOULD HAVE BEEN FINE IF THE PROFESSOR HAD NOT GON GHETTO

Mememememememe

HE GETS A EDUCATION AND THINKS HE IS BETTER THAN EVERY ONE.
I GUESS IT'S YO MOMMA NOW
Posted at 8:13PM on Jul 20th 2009 by Leroy

We can tell who didn't get AN education! C'mon on out of the holler, and maybe you'll amount to something, you coal miner's son.

REAL

TO
22. HE GETS A EDUCATION AND THINKS HE IS BETTER THAN EVERY ONE.
I GUESS IT'S YO MOMMA NOW
Posted at 8:13PM on Jul 20th 2009 by Leroy

Posted at 8:27PM on Jul 20th 2009 by LEROY IS DUMBER THAN A FENCE POST

YOU WOULD BE VERY SURPRISED TO KNOW MY BACK GROUND...
i AM FROM WASHINGTON DC, MY GREAT AUNT STARTED HOWARD UNIVERSITY
AND MINNIE HOWARD HIGH SCHOOL AND YES WE ARE WHITE. WELL DUTCH ACTUALLY!!

GREAT AUNT MINNIE THOUGHT IS BLACK PEOPLE HAD A CHANCE THEY WOULD RISE
ABOVE IT ALL AND LIVE LIKE HUMAN BEINGS...... I AM SAD TO SAY THAT A LOT OF HER MONEY
WENT TO WASTE ON PEOPLE LIKE GATES. HE IS A BIGOT..AND MAYBE YOU ARE ALSO.....

Sharona

The police are dead wrong on this bust! Just like the police officers who tased three teens in IL at a halfway house for troubled kids. Officer A$$hole reatened to sodomize one of the boys, who was so scared, he soiled himself. The "officers" responded to a report of a "ruckus" by not only tasing the kids over and over, one young girl was chiked and locked in a closet.

Problem, they had the wrong three teens!

What happened to Dr. Gates is unforgivable. I hope this brings attention to police officers who abuse their power.

Fact: I'm a blue-eyed blonde white woman who is absolutely furious with the cops isvolved involved in both incidents.

Kelly Charles

I don't know what it is about liberals. Anybody knows there's a huge wave of breakins in Cambridge done by dweeby middle-aged black guys with gimpy legs and Harvard faculty ID cards. The statutes against Being In Your Own Home When Black are very clear. And "please step outside sir, so that if you continue to yell at me and I continue to play by the book I can arrest you for disorderly conduct": what's your problem with that? No black man should feel there's anything unusual about that should he?

Janny

This man was going into his own home and he gets arrested?That's pure b.s. and I hope professor Gates sues them for all he can.

Wow

Some of you people need to step away from your misunderstanings. We are all the same, some are good, some are bad. This goes beyond skin tone, dumassses.

JANE DOE

F N RACIST COP!!!

YOU GO PROFESSOR!!!!!

Mememememememe

YOU WOULD BE VERY SURPRISED TO KNOW MY BACK GROUND...i AM FROM WASHINGTON DC, MY GREAT AUNT STARTED HOWARD UNIVERSITY AND MINNIE HOWARD HIGH SCHOOL AND YES WE ARE WHITE. WELL DUTCH ACTUALLY!GREAT AUNT MINNIE THOUGHT IS BLACK PEOPLE HAD A CHANCE THEY WOULD RISE
WENT TO WASTE ON PEOPLE LIKE GATES. HE IS A BIGOT..AND MAYBE YOU ARE ALSO.....
Posted at 8:33PM on Jul 20th 2009 by Leroy

KEEP TYPING. YOU AND YOUR MULTIPLE PERSONALITIES ARE DUMBER THAN I THOUGHT. I SEE THEY WERE NOT ABLE TO PURCHASE BOOKS FOR THE SCHOOLS IN WEST VIRGINIA? OR IS THIS AS A RESULT OF YOUR GRANDFATHER MARRYING YOUR MOM?

Sidney

LOL@Kelly

Winsome Davis III

One of the pre-eminent African American scholars and he can't even behave like an adult when confronted with an awkward situation. I suppose the next time someone calls about a break-in at his house, you morons think the police should give it a pass.

SP

Whats wrong with the young people today? Harvard Professor 's like this one. And the only reason he is one is because he is black, he sounds very uneducated talking like this. But of course he could never be a racist because he is black.

terri

here we go with the old racist crap......read boston.com first , the police got an alarm that someone broke into this guys house and instead of thanking them for getting there so fast he played the race game....go figure

LMS

The professor has something all you racist morons will never have: an education.