'Burn Notice' Star -- I Was Only Borderline Drunk!

7/20/2009 4:01 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

"Burn Notice" star Jeffrey Donovan is going to have a rough time in court -- it's not exactly an airtight defense in a DUI case to argue, "I really think I'm only borderline and not too drunk."

We obtained the police report from the Miami Beach PD. The arresting officer wrote he first noticed Donovan after hearing "a loud tire screech behind me." The cop said he saw Donovan's car swerve left to avoid hitting the police car.

When Donovan finally stopped, he didn't serve himself well when he said, "Sorry, I didn't see the red light or your stopped car."

The officer says he smelled a strong odor of alcohol, asked Donovan if he had anything to drink and got this answer: "I had three drinks at the Fontainebleau."

Donovan flunked a field sobriety test and was taken into custody. That's when he said, "The only mistake I made tonight was drinking Benadryl with 3 glasses of wine."

We're thinking that's not necessarily his only mistake.

UPDATE 5:49 PM ET Donovan was just charged with one count of DUI. If convicted he could get 6 months in the slammer, but given that he's a first offender it's unlikely that he'll do any time.

atabaw

Poor guy. Straighten up dude cuz I love your show.

anonyMOUSE (;

how naughty!!!!

2nd (;

Dionne Ross

I like his wig.

who gives a shit

What a stupid comment!! "I really think I'm only borderline and not too drunk"! Good thing he didn't kill anyone! Stupid @ss celebs think they can get away with anything. There is no borderline drunk, you either are or aren't!

Sean

Love your show, your the man. Everyone makes mistakes. People get popped for DUI's all the time,

xultar

He has always sparked me as very arrogant. But he's still HAWT as HAYLE.

I Will Take Being Born White Any Day - Thats Worth Much More To Me, #6

Where is that "WHO GIVES A RATS ASS!!" guy when you need him?

Smelly Jelly

Who is this 'tard? I've watched his show for maybe 3 minutes before his gargantuan lack of any discernible charisma or talent has me falling asleep or tuning in a TV test pattern.

Is he sleeping with a USA executive or does he have compromising photos of someone in management?

oprah & michel hater

How stupid......boderline drunk..........should be arrested again for his stupidity...does that mean a person can not be a junkie...but borderline junkie...a drunk is a drunk...no matter what...a junkie is a junkie no matter what. seems this idiot is full of excuses that every judge has already heard. no such thing as being "BORDERLINE DRUNK" Either you are or you're not. Stupid freakzoid!

oprah & michel hater

never heard of this very stupid man..if he killed someone, he would say that the person was borderline dead anyway...MORON!

Mikey

The guy I hit with my car while drunk is only mostly dead.

jackmama311

mostly.

cmbka

OMG...I love the show--but is he really so stupid to day something like that. Where do people come up with such rationalizations> DUI is DUI

Sencho

Can't say I'm really all that surprised that this guy was nailed for DUI. He looks like the result of generations of inbreeding.

Stephanie

Look at his eyes! He is so drunk. Plus, you'd have to be drunk to say such a stupid thing.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments