« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Roethlisberger Case -- Her Side of the Story

7/21/2009 12:50 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Ben RothlisbergerThe woman accusing Ben Roethlisberger of sexual assault claims she warned the football star "You don't want to do this" -- but according to the lawsuit, Ben refused to let her go.

ProFootballTalk.com just released more details from Andrea McNulty's lawsuit against Big Ben -- in which she describes the alleged incident in great detail.

McNulty -- an employee at the Harrah's hotel in Lake Tahoe -- claims it all went down on Friday, July 11, 2008 around 10:00 p.m. In the docs, McNulty claims she ran into Roethlisberger in the hotel hallway and he told her that the sound system on his television wasn't working. He allegedly asked her to come and "take a quick look" at it.

McNulty claims she tried to call other hotel employees to fix the TV, but ultimately decided to go to the room to fix it herself. Once she got to the room, McNulty claims she determined there was no problem with the TV -- but as she tried to leave, Roethlisberger stood in her way and "grabbed [her] and started to kiss her."

According to the report, McNulty claims she was "shocked and stunned that this previously friendly man, that appeared to be a gentleman in her previous contacts with him was suddenly preventing her from leaving, was assaulting and battering her."

In the docs, McNulty claims she "communicated her objection and lack of consent," but he refused to stop and began "fondling [her] through her dress and between her legs."

McNulty claims Ben then pushed her onto the bed, and "pulled her underpants off and proceeded to penetrate her."

McNulty claims that she gave Roethlisberger several warnings, saying things like, "You don't want to do this" and "Please don't." She also claims she warned Ben that she wasn't on any type of birth control -- to which Ben allegedly responded, "Don't worry, I'll pull out."

According to PFT, McNulty claims in the lawsuit that after the incident, she went to the bathroom, and "tried to pull herself together."

When she emerged, McNulty claims that Roethlisberger asked, "There are cameras on this room, aren't there?"
She replied, "Yes, there are cameras everywhere."

McNulty claims Ben quickly became "stern," kicked her out of the room and said, "If anyone asks you, you fixed my television. You fixed my television. Now go!"

Roethlisberger has denied all of McNulty's allegations and cites the fact that no criminal investigation was ever conducted.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

balls

balls

Titans Fan

I think Bud Adams had something to do with this - Keep Big Ben distracted until after the season opener with the Titans

LWH

I guess it's true what they say about professional athletes...dumb and stupid. Before having sex with anyone, make them sign an agreement that sex is consensual!

Adam

this will continue to happen as long as Americans stay in the Puritan mindset

go to France or somewhere.. you don't hear about this kind of thing. that's because they are open about their sexuality. it's not some forbidden, hidden, secretive thing that is only allowed after saying your vows.

imayadatty

That's how I treat hotel workers...what's the big deal???

queen bee

The only time people want money or publicity they make up these lies about these pro athletes. Some of them are true. If she did this for that I have only one messgae for her, " Be careful what you wish for". If this did happen to her which I sincerely hope it didn't, then shame on BR your three words would go something like this "Your under arrest". Your Career is over", "Call my lawyer". "Kobe Help me"

Diva

I believe she is a crackpot out for money. The whole story sounds flaky to me.

SusE

HAHAHA! This is so funny! I have met Ben a number of times & he doesn't need to "force" himself on anyone. He is always kind to his fans and the ladies LUV him. Also, at the variety of events I have been with him, he is very seldomnly alone. He is a 2 time Superbowl champion afterall. I seriously doubt he was wondering around a hotel hallway.

Reece

5. Since when do they publish the names of rape (alleged or otherwise) victims? Thats kind of kooky. Im usually pretty sympathetic to these ladies, but this chick sounds like a nutso...

Posted at 12:00PM on Jul 21st 2009 by Just wondering??
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a civil case. There are no criminal charges

katschop

harr!harr!harr!you wish someone like that would wantg to fondle you!!!

John Galt for President 2012

Hotels only keep footage for maybe 1-2 weeks. Those video recordings were written over long ago with new video.

The twisted beauty of this womans story is that there is no evidence at all, only a "vivid" story about an event that allegedly occurred a year ago. And when Ben counter sues she will claim mental illness made her do it - the proof? She is seeing a shrink. Again she get off scott free either way with or without a payout. She figured he would either pay up to keep from damaging his reputation or not pay up and she could make money doing talk shows crying about how some quarterback raped her.

Chelly

This woman is nuts. Ben admits he had a fling with her - so he does know her. Is she pissed he didn't want to have a relationship? Is that why she's now filing a civil suit?

Dubious questions:

1. Why did she go there to fix the TV?

2. Why didn't she scream?

3. Why didn't she immediately go to the hospital?

Also, making the comment "I'm not on birth control" is extremely odd if, in fact, she was being raped (which she wasn't).

I hope the judge laughs at her and kicks her ass out of the courtroom. She's just another ho looking to cash in on a rich athlete. I also hope Ben is a little more picky in the future about the women he chooses to sleep with, although sometimes crazy isn't apparent.

Reece

There is no way that there is any truth to this no matter what his attitude is. The reason she waited so long was so there was not any tape from the hotel to disprove her story.

ELMER FUDD

I am not believing this for one second. She seen this as an opportunity. After seeing her picture, I am sure Ben could have found some hotter tail, than crafty "b". She is wanting to cash in.

amber

YEAH, THIS IS A WHITE MAN, I REMEBER WHEN THIS SEXUAL ENCOUNTER HAPPENED WITH KOBE, AND HOW EVERYONE WANTED TO BELIEVE HE WAS QUILTY, MAINLY BECAUSE HE IS BLACK. YOU GUYS ARE SO RACIST AND FULL OF HIPOCRACY!!!!

Posted at 12:36PM on Jul 21st 2009 by RALPH DOZIER

Ummm, at least with Kobe she went to the COPS right away and there was a criminal investigation! Here there was nothing and a civil lawsuit a year later! Comparing Apples to Oranges I see to further your own agenda. Give me a Break! Team Ben!