Kelis to Judge: Sorry, Baby ... I'm Busy

7/21/2009 11:52 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Nas & KelisThere's a damn good reason Kelis is skipping out on today's scheduled court date to fight Nas for child support and baby and prenatal expenses -- she's giving birth right now!!!

TMZ has learned the singer is currently in labor, about to deliver a brand new baby boy.

We also know rapper Nas -- the baby daddy -- is definitely not by her side.

The two were scheduled to battle over expenses. She says he's paid nothing. Nas claims he's paid some.

But the big question -- will Nas actually have the stones to show up to court and argue against his baby mama while she's pushing out their child?!

UPDATE: Nas' lawyer, Mark Vincent Kaplan, just told us Nas is in New York for the birth of the baby and he is now "rushing to the hospital to be with her."

Story delivering...

REAL

Who ??? and who really cares... that is Normal for Those People !!! yes Those people...

TiredofThisCrap

I guess you cared Leroy that is why you read the story and posted. By the way, those people have more money than you';; ever see in your lifetime.

KEEYSHAJ50

IM STILL A NAS FAN NO MATTER WHAT AND WILL STILL SUPPORT BOTH ARTIST.
ANYWAY IM SO EXCITED FOR HER I WISH HER AND NAS THE BEST AND HOPE THEY CAN BE FRIENDS FOR THE SON SAKE AND MOVE ON AND GET THEIR CAREER BACK ON TRACK.
ALSO I WISH HE SAW HIS SON COME INTO THE WORLD I HOPE THEY RECORDED IT GOD BLESS ;)

Cindy

#9, Well, that was the only song they played on the radio here. Not sure where you are but here in Tulsa, they keep us limited to the same repititous songs over and over for a 30 minute to a 1 hour period.

alreadybad

Just maybe part of the problem is the actual paternity of the baby. Nas better listen to michael baisden.

LakersFan

She's ugly. Her career went down the drain real quick.

cochino

*UPDATE*

WHO FRIGGIN CARES???????

Mememememememe

#23 SS - HOW CLEVER - I BET THOSE ARE THE ONLY TWO LETTERS YOU CAN PUT TOGETHER!

LATRICE

no one should feel sorry for her cause she's a nasty hoe who made a sex tape while she was married to another man, it's one thing to cheat but dam come on, it could be elmo's baby for anyone knows, when she drops that baby she'll probably have to work that corner cause i don't think that milkshake song is gonna paid all that money she was asking nas for when maury says NAS YOU ARE NOT THE FATHER!! GOOD LUCK HOE

OH REALLY

He is STILL a LOSER for taking her through all that drama while she was pregnant. I don't care if he is rushing to the hospital now, TOO LATE NOW.. Nas,,, that was so SO NOT COOL!

Olivia

This is ridiculous i didn't even knw they split wow. Hope this is solved peacefully lol

kim

I hope the birth of their child puts things into perspective for them both and they grow up and stop fighting over money or whatever for the sake of their child.

hip hop lovah

I'm an educated white woman in her 30's and a long time LOVER of hip hop. Knowing that - my opinions aren't based on nothing - I've watched this culture evolve since the 80s. I've followed the punk asses becoming men - and I'm really proud of their evolution as people (all colors of artists). They made money off the punk ass attitude and we're all a part of it because we bought the albums. NAS is really disappointing me on this one. He has every opportunity with all the rest of them - to evolve and handle each new problem with a new adult air about him. I feel like he's pulling a punk ass on her. There are no 'baby mamas' and 'baby daddies' - these are really creative and talented people. There are no 'these people'. He's pullin some loop hole stuff when he has the opportunity to pull up his shorts and get down to business - be a real man - be a real father. Don't envelope yourself in defense of the moment. She defended herself by filing for a divorce while she felt insecure and unstable and HE CONTRIBUTED TO THAT. I love MOS like the day is long - but he did well admit to having smacked his wife around in that hotel room last year and she straight up flew back and filed for a divorce. We all get called on our sh*t - no matter your color. NAS has the chance to evolve and show that he's a true artist - and that doesn't always mean acting like your 17 when you're in your 30's. Hell - even Kanya admitted he had an ego problem - and more over - Chris Brown apologized yesterday (albeit, scripted - but he DID IT.) Man up - learn from your mistakes - this sh*t will follow you and the energetic imprint you're leaving on this child's first day into this world - well - son, you're gettin' a C- at best right now.

hell no!

OH HELL NO! Would I let him be by my side giving birth, Kelis I hope you don't forgive this ass hole for what he is putting you through and your baby, Now he wants to be part of his baby's life when his loser face was parting with his friends, girl get him for all he's worth, and Congratulations on your baby boy!!!

Jorava

Some of you "CLEAR" people make me laugh. There are plenty of white baby mamas and skanks, lol.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments