Arrest for Don Mattingly's Son -- Spitting Image

7/22/2009 3:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The son of former New York Yankees star Don Mattingly was arrested in Evansville, Indiana yesterday after cops say he shoved his poor mother to the ground -- then spit in her face.

According to an affidavit acquired by The Evansville Courier & Press, 24-year-old Taylor Mattingly told cops he jumped the fence at his mom's house to confront her over an insulting text message she sent to him.

Taylor also admitted he "snapped" and flipped over a patio table, broke a door and window and tossed furniture into the walls of their pool house.

Mattingly was booked in the county jail and faces preliminary charges of battery by bodily waste, battery and criminal mischief. He was released on $250 cash bond.

Lucky for him, the jail's camera was broken at the time -- so no mugshot for the hall of shame.

UGGGGHHH

LOCKE HIM UP AND THROW AWAY THE KEY. HE BELONGS IN JAIL. THIS PROBABLY WAS NOT THE FIRST TIME HE ASSAULTED HIS MOM AND IT WILL CERTAINLY WON'T BE THE LAST.

1917 days ago

who gives a shit

Anger management classes seem to be in order here!!

1917 days ago

kathey

"assault with bodily waste"?????????? That poses more questions than answers. AND - what is with the meth mugshot of mom?????? holy hannah what a crazy family. One would think they are trailer trash, but it did mention a pool house.

1917 days ago

fighting irish

You all don't know the whole story. This woman is notorious here locally for causing very public confrontations. She has some severe issues that have led to multiple drunken escapades and violence. This story was embellished quite a bit. Check it out at evansvillecourierpress.com

1917 days ago

Robin

Wow! Wait tillhis mother is not here!! He will reget it then. Total unbelievable!!

1917 days ago

hamilTonyan

The text said you sonofabitch

1917 days ago

Paige

Wow, I am shocked at such behavior from a white man. This is certainly more befitting of a black man. Just sayin......the obvious.

1917 days ago

amber

haha, i live in evansville, indiana. i think it's kinda funny reading this story on TMZ.

1917 days ago

Pam

loser. I hope his Dad can still swing a bat

1917 days ago

Pam

Please. There are (unfortunately) people of all races who do this kind of crap. It's not a color issue.

1917 days ago

Linda Mott

I think they need family counselling and an anger management class. I don't care what my mother did to me in the past, I forgave her and try to repay the violence and anger with kindness. One must be totally in the right and come before the Lord with clean hands. It only makes one bitter and eats inward, to hold a grudge or show anger.

1916 days ago

msroncon

His is a digusting slob of a person... He will go down when Karma bites him.

1916 days ago

The Truth

There is no reason to ever hit your Mom..if you think there is YOU HAVE A MENTAL ISSUE...

1916 days ago

Duh!

Roid rage.... (being an arrogant a**hole doesn't help, I'm guessing)

1916 days ago

tmfredrick

Being from the Evansville area, I can tell you this is NOT the first time that these people have had issues. It is so sad. Kim is a major alcoholic and has a nasty drug habit to boot. Taylor was wrong by pushing her down. But I guarantee you that she antagonized him to the brink. Truthfully, she is damn lucky that is all that happened. She has embarrassed that family for many, many years. She refuses to let Don go without a fight and makes his life a living hell. Now she is dragging Taylor and his girlfriend into it. Very sad, indeed. I truly don't believe that Taylor meant to hurt his mom, but to stop her from flipping out on him. She is an absolute basket-case. Run into her at 3 am in the grocery store...you would run away....and maybe push her down yourselves. I hate that Taylor has put himself in this situation, but I can almost guarantee that no judge in Evansville or Vandeburgh County would dare convict him knowing all the crap his mom has done.

1915 days ago