Jackson Book Deal -- Seizing the Moment

7/23/2009 3:19 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael Jackson Book DealThe court in the Michael Jackson probate case just authorized the special administrators to enter into proposed book publishing agreements.

The deal on the table involves a reprint of Jackson's autobiography, "Moonwalk," with Shaye Arehart Books for U.S. and Canadian publishing rights, Michel Lafon for publishing rights in France, Heyne for publishing rights in Germany, and Heinemann for publishing rights in the United Kingdom.

UPDATE: 2:44 PM PT:
How's this for brutal honesty? The documents state, "The Special Administrators believe that it is in the best interest of the Estate for all book publishing agreements to be entered as soon as possible, as sales of the book and profits for the estate will be maximized the sooner the book is released due to the notoriety surrounding Michael Jackson's unexpected death and the resulting heightened demand for such products."

Story developing...

Michael jackson Launch photos

Previous 15 Comments | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14

Ang

woring weird hours has put me out of the loop...what movie on halloween are we talkin about?

Kait

This world is a mess. When people admit they are exploiting a dead man for money and everyone is okay with it as long as they get a piece. Very Sad. RIP MJ.

Michael Jackson

I just woke up and got back on line, Danger Baby. Good luck again in your search. As I said before, don't take all you read in the future as the gospel truth but I do think that reading the books you said were on your list will really answer many of your unanswered questions.

liz

Amazing what money and power can buy, even truth and justice

Lorraine

I've checked out amazon. Private sellers want over $100.oo for the book. I hope it goes into reprint.

Are`a SunshineRison

I'm trying contact Shaye Aerheart, please. I was hoping she could respond to this email.

Previous 15 Comments | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14