Arrest in Death of 'American Idol' Contestant

7/27/2009 2:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Alex Cohen American Idol ContestantAn arrest has been made in the death of an "American Idol" contestant who was struck and killed by a car over the weekend.

23-year-old Daniel Bark was booked on charges of death by reckless driving as well as leaving the scene of an accident in the death of Alexis Cohen, who appeared on "Idol" in seasons 7 and 8 but failed to win a trip to Hollywood.

Cohen was struck on a road in Seaside Heights, New Jersey. Her body was found by two pedestrians ... it was found 350 yards from Cohen's parked car.

Cohen received notoriety for her post-audition rant in Season 7.

If convicted, Bark faces a maximum of 15 years in prison.

K

She was harmless and amused us briefly. The real story is how tragic her life was and her attempt to pull out of it.
Don't forget, most of us are just 1 paycheck from a similar situation. When they showed her studio apt that she shared with her mom, I was moved...and to be honest...a little scared that could be any one of us....

When did the world get so hard....sad.....

MindTerrorist

WHO GIVES A RATS ASS!!!!!

KINGOFHORROR

Best Singer Ever!

:what ev errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

#3, what a demented person you are. WHITE??? Are you BLACK, YELLOW, PINK???? What the hell does color have to do with this. Maybe you and Obama should hang out together. That way the both of you can keep putting your big ass feet in your big ass mouths.

kmntr

This is very tragic. If you watch her audition video, she shows her 1 bedroom apartment that she shared with her mom, who she says is everything to her. There is no mention of a dad or any siblings, just a dog and two cats. I feel so bad for them. I'm sure she was everything to them. Prays to her mom and rest in peace, Alexis. Good work, police department.

LongJohn69

Live fast, die young....and somewhere in the middle get 15 minutes of fame.

MyThoughts

Say what you like, but I saw her as having Moxie. She wanted something, tried to get it, Simon honked her off, and she got mad. Life happens!! But she didn't give up. I like that trait. May she rest in peace.

destiny

I think just saying yes is a terrible person the smack talk he or her speaks omg I have lost a son and yes I cried horribly and it wasnt to fool anyone hoping by all the masters powers that karma does not come to him he will be sorry

OH REALLY

Lock this MURDERER up and throw away the key!! This is soooo sad, I really hope she rests in peace. I can't believe this guy left the scene with NO CONCERN for who or what he hit. TERRIBLE!

R.I.P ALEXIS

MonkeyGroin

mimi

Sad....By all that I have read, she was really a nice person. The terrible thing is that she will always be remembered as a vulgar nut-job, which is not who she really was. How sad for her family & friends to know that she died alone lying along the side of the road. Rest in Peace Alexis.

kksmommy526

34. 4 a.m in Seaside NJ, I live in that area and can tell you only people looking for drugs or drunk off their butt and wobbling down the road are on the streets in that town at that time. Im not saying the guy was right hitting and leaving her but I wonder where she was when she was hit. Was she drunk in the middle of the road? We have this blame everything on someone else mentality these days. "Just cause my crazy moron kid who couldnt even get on a crappy show like America Idiot got drunk and got hit by a car doesnt mean she is guilty of anything, its all someone elses fault" I bet her mom is gonna be on TV soon crying about her beloved daughter for the next 20 years, shell rage against drunk drivers until they name a school after her drunk moronic cant sing a note to save my life kid

You are a very ignorant human being.You should judge someone unless you know them and know all the facts.FYI Alexis didnt drink or do any type of drug.So whos the moron now?????

amber

R.I.P. Glitter girl Rock on

Belladonna

On the streets of Seaside Heights at 4am??? DRUNK, no doubt.

Cathy

I really liked Alexis, she was full of life and was very funny. I am so sorry to hear she died at such a young age. RIP Alexis, God bless you and your mom!

Cathy of Sacramento CA.