Harvard Prof -- 'Yo Mama' Goes Hollywood

7/27/2009 2:49 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Harvard professor Henry Louis Gates, Jr. got ready for his sit down with President Obama and the Massachusetts cop who arrested him ... by hitting H-Wood last night, dining at Beso, Eva Longoria's restaurant.

Henry Louis Gates, Jr: Click to watch

SuzieQ

BTW - the cop was at WORK today nor could he even come close to affording the type of restaurant this loud mouthed, arrogant bufoon dined in last night. I hope he gets arrested for J Walking next.

Peter Leyton

I think this was blown way out of proportion, this Dude-Gates is rediculously crazy and he suffers from inferiority complex, Obama.....i hve no words abt him but if that had been Bush,you can guess what the stories wud be.This guy has so much time meddling in small business instead of what he was voted for,he is a typical racist himself and for your information, am black too!!!

aquanet

Anyone else notice that Rev Al and Jesse appear to be sitting this one out?

you must stupid

Obviously this dumbass only got his job at Harvard thanks to Affirmative Action. That and the fact that Harvard is now a liberal, brainwashing institute of craziness and hate.

Cassy

Wow. That cop might not have been racist, but a lot of comments on this thread are. Interesting how none of you were there yet you all of judged this situation. I hope a cop comes by your home and arrests you for typing all these comments. None of which are illegal but most of which are insulting and indicative of your maturity level. Which is right on par with the maturity level Gates and Crowley displayed that day.

you must stupid

Cassy,

Funny how you lecture everyone for passing judgement on the story when they weren't there, yet you're able to pass judgement on Crowley by calling him immature? Hypocrite much?

Last time I checked, you can't curse and insult police officers. Trying to drag Crowley down with YOUR boy Gates won't work. Gates is a proven racist and has been for many years. Face the facts and deal with them instead of trying to rewrite what actually happened.

mlara88

In response to number 68, YOU ARE A BLACK IDIOT. I am not white and I don't find the "white House" even remotely offensive. You are so stupid and ignorant it makes me want to scream with frustration. Let me ask you this, Do you see asians throwing a fit because there's a "yellow book" or "yellow cab"?--Do hispanics boycott bloomingdales because of their "Brown Bags" ?---NO! Because it's not related to ANY race! And neither is the White House. Those who take the name to make it sound for or against a racial groups are idiots.

Frankly, it sickens me to see people arguing over stupid claims of racial profiling. I believe there are serious accounts of racial discrimination, and this is not one of them. Please people, pull out the f*cking race card when it's needed, not just because you want attention, it's pathetic.!!!!

And lastly, stories like these make me hate my own black brothers sometimes. But I am wise enough to know that not everyone is as foolish as this.

Ashley

60. How dare that cop ask for ID, everybody knows Black Men do not break into homes! Never!

Posted at 3:01PM on Jul 27th 2009 by My2Cents

LMAO!!! SOOOOOOOO TRUE! I LIVE IN JAX. FLORIDA AND EVERY SINGLE DAY THERE IS A CRIME COMMITTED AND GUESS WHO THE SUSPECT IS???? (ALL ON THE FRONT PAGE OF PAPER/WEBSITE) THEN PPL WANT TO DEFEND THESE THUGS SAYING ITS ALL RACIST. IM SORRY, BUT.... I DONT CARE WHAT RACE A PERSON IS, IF THEY KILL/RAPE/ROB SOMEONE, THEY NEED TO STAY IN JAIL FOR A LONGGGG TIME.

You're Killing Me Larry

From "Hoot-and-Holler the PO-lice" to eating at an upscale Hollywood Blvd. restaurant in one week? The victimization gig must be paying better than I thought these days. From handcuffs, he now gets to rub elbows with Eva Longoria (the actress, not the baseball infielder from Downey.)

Great career move Gates!

Queen Snow

I think everyone should just let it go. It happened, it was dealt with now get over it. It may not be the way we all feel it should have been handled, but let it go!

pollynoo

You know how kids in sports emulate their heroes by looking and acting like them? The high school kids taking, dropping dead from the use of and committing suicide from the use of steroids I'm talking about. Wait until 5 year old kindergartners show up to school in August and September with 40 ouncers of Colt 45 and Olde English 800 looking to make amends wif the po-leeece. Well done, Gates, well done. Racist douchebag.

SillySallySays........

14. I see two racists in this little scenario......Gates and Obama.

Posted at 2:17PM on Jul 27th 2009 by Joelocalpt
__________________________________________________

I'm so glad that the people of America voted this man in because we so desperately needed "a change". The only change I see him doing is taking a step backwards in the unification of the races. Instead of standing up for the professor, he should be finding his behavior abhorring and should have called him out on his arrogance instead of standing up for him.

3 and 1/2 years left of backwards changes to go...........God help this country, I fear for it.

Cory (yes Feldman)

FAME WHORE !!!!

YOU WERE WRONG GATES, YOU WERE RUDE AND INSUBORDINATE TO THAT OFFICER.

...AND NOW YOU ARE IN HOLLYWIERD GETTING DOWN AND SLIMY WITH THE BEST OF THEM......

Karen

Loud-mouthed racist. And parents pay to have this moron "teach" their chidren? God help us.

Sharona

If I were the cop I wouldn't waste my time to sit down with either one of them. I can just hear the professor coming out with "you don't know who I am friends with." Didn't do him any good did it? Got his ass put in jail. The real wimp is the one that dropped the charges.