Kelsey: 'Don't Release' My Sister's Murderer

7/27/2009 4:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Kelsey Grammer wasn't able to attend a parole hearing today for the man who raped and murdered his sister back in 1975 -- so he sent this powerful letter which was read aloud.

Kelsey Grammer

Grammer -- who missed the hearing in Colorado Springs this morning due to rain delays at JFK airport -- pleads with the court not to release the man who "abducted ... raped ... savaged ... butchered" his little sister Karen.

Grammer described his sister as "smart and good and decent," and said "I can never escape the horror of what happened" to her ... "Please do not release this man from prison."

Freddie Glenn -- the man who murdered Karen -- will stay put for at least 5 more years.

REAL

I am from Virginia,,, we don't have Parole here... Life means life...

We just had a child molester get 284 years for molesting a child over a 6 year time span...

mike

#15... Probably a joke... But way out of line. Justifying murder because someone has a different opinion than you puts you right next to the world's worst murdering dictators. Stalin, Hitler, and Pol would be so proud of you. Don't take this the wrong way... Please burn in hell.

del

I am from Virginia,,, we don't have Parole here... Life means life...

Posted at 6:28PM on Jul 27th 2009 by Real

Virginia has a parole board and does indeed parole inmates. http://www.vadoc.state.va.us/vpb/ While felons in VA may not be eligible for discretionary parole, they INSTEAD serve only 4.5 days for every 30 days they were actually sentenced to. Sounds WORSE than parole to me. At least with parole, a board decides. In VA, a sentence is automatically cut to 4.5 days for every 30 days actually sentenced, unless the inmate commits more offenses in custody.

BAROL

Oh common - let's release him and then kidnap the guy and do the same thing he did to your sister - as for the rape part well we will let our imagination run away with us. This guy should not go free - he killed somebody in a despicable and violent act - let's do the same he will wish they never let em out! Thia ia the "New America" and it's citizens are soon to say no to many decisions made by government and court judges - it is time for the citizens to wake up and take responsibility for their country both local and national.

jtm

The curious thing about this story is Kelsey Grammer came walking into our building at just after 9:00 this morning in West LA.

Juliette

I cannot understand how our legal system could even think of letting that animal out of prison. Pull up the storey on the internet and read what they did to this poor girl. This animal doesn't even deserve to still be alive for what he did. Dumfounded as to how the legal system didn't give him a death sentence. My daughter was killed by her husband and he burried her body 3 times before taking her into the Olympic Mountains and dumped her body off a old logging road. The only reason he didn't get life or worse was they determined he didn't start out the day intending to kill her. When she confronted him, in their home about having a girlfriend and telling him she wanted a divorce, he snapped her neck. The punishment needs to fit the crime and this animal needs to be put down.....FOREVER.

Mary

To # 15, Ballistic:

And some say the Republicans are supposed to be the people of vitriol, intolerance and prejudice?
I can't remember the last time I heard anyone say something so hateful and venomous as what you posted here.
What a piece of garbage you are!

Madeleine

To # 15, Ballistic:

What a piece of garbage you are!

Posted at 8:31PM on Jul 27th 2009 by Mary
-------------

I second that. Just disgusting.

What a touching beautiful letter (although I felt like I was invading his privacy as I read it). His sister Karen sounds like lovely girl. Kelsey very poignantly shows how the crime of murder has many, many victims. I hope he and his family continue to heal.

William A Petit Jr MD

Mr.Grammer, Well stated. You said it exactly heinous crimes like this deserve justice. I do not know all the minute details, but it seems to me this man/animal should have been executed years ago. To even consider parole is a slap in the face. Crimes such as these damage families beyond complete repair for several generations. That is why we have had the death penalty bfor thousands of years. Yet we now have people in our society who think about money and not protecting society, they speak of a bizarre concept of "restorative justice" (I think it gives them time to waste writing papers and asking for grants, though they care little for the suffering of victims.) We are not talking about someone who mis-fired a BB gun in his back yard or slid over into the wrong lane in his car. ec are talking about animals that in a pre-mediated fashion pick out victims, torture and kill them for their own "pleasure". these are sociopathic and psychopathic people that are beyond redemption. Their genes need be removed from this earth-they are quite defective-they represent true evil on earth.They can be "forgiven" by some to help the victim's family a bit but still need to pay a just sentence-the final arbiter is God and this man will surely spend eternity in Hell. Keep him in jail until he dies. I hope Colorado is not as moronic as Massachusetts where a life sentence can be a very short time. In CT, the defense teams here will spend years and 4-8 million dollars to keep alive the 2 animals that raped, molested, strangled, and burned my family alive (48, 17, and 11). Our society has big problems with meting out appropriate sentences and sick defense lawyers that think it is all a game for their pleasure. My deepest condolences to the Grammers-I know their lives have never been and never will be the same and that their is never true "closure". a term that those who fancy sllght punishments toss around as if it truly existed-which it does not.
Sincerely,
William A. Petit, Jr. MD
Plainville, CT

ex lax

Parole that bastard out to me! I got a rope an a hanging tree!

Tired of the BS

It is sad to me that the victims families have to beg to keep the killer of their daughter, sister in jail. Did she have a panel of people to beg to in hopes they would spare her life? That panel was the trash that raped her and killed her. They didn't seem too forgiving, so therefore this panel shouldn't be either. It abhores me that our judicial system lays out so many opportunities for the perpetrators. It caters to them. I think about the victims who no longer have a voice. Who no longer get to touch, feel, smell, hear, see, love, cry etc. Our judicial system should be saying "Karen, we have your best interests at heart. We will make sure your voice is heard and that this person that decided to play God and take your life will have no mercy and no freedom. It is the least we could do".

snickers

Such an emotionally powerful letter.

That monster should never be freed. Should be instant death penalty for rapist-murderers.

Pamama

How sad that the family must go through this over and over again. My prayers are with them!

Alibaba

I hope they listen to him.

Grammar nazi

Who cares what his political affiliation is?! No one deserves this tragedy. His sister was murdered, his dad was murdered, his two brothers were killed by sharks -- how much does one person have to endure? I feel horrible for him and I hope that killer never gets out.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments