Dogfight Shaping Up in Jackson Probate

7/29/2009 10:21 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael JacksonKatherine Jackson's lawyer is officially squaring off with the two men Michael Jackson selected to handle his estate, claiming the co-executors are intentionally trying to keep Jackson's mom in the dark.

Londell McMillan just issued a statement making it clear -- he wants Katherine to become a co-executor. McMillan claims the co-executors -- John Branca and John McClain -- are not letting Katherine see the agreement Jackson signed with AEG. ... which McMillan says could be a huge source of income for the estate.

McMillan claims the co-executors are imposing unreasonable demands on Katherine -- requiring her to make special promises of confidentiality for the benefit of AEG.

The co-executors have maintained all along they were the ones Michael selected to manage the estate and they are doing their job.

One thing is clear -- it's getting ugly.

UPDATE 9:43 AM ET
Reps for the co-executors just issued a statement, saying the only thing the co-executors asked of Mrs. Jackson is a confidentiality agreement with respect to the AEG agreement but her lawyers refused. They also say it's apparent Katherine's lawyers want to "rewrite Michael's will to make Mrs. Jackson 'Guardian of the Estate' and have her appointed as an executor" ... the co-executors say it's just not what Michael wanted and he said so in his will.

Previous 15 Comments | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20

TEAMBRANCA

And while you can contest a will

You will almot always lose if therei s a NO Contest clause.

ALL CELEBRITIES HAVE THEM ARON SPELLING ETC...YOU DON'T SEE TORI CONTESTING THE WILL

TEAMBRANCA

Sorry I have to keep reposting to access TMZ while at work.

Peace

Loralye2

People, Katherine is trying, in her mind, to protect her son's assets (i.e. unpublished music, business interests, etc.). She feels that the lawyers, considering what's been done to Michael, are not going to look out for the best interest of his assets. I don't believe it has anything to do with greed. This was her son and she loves him with everything she has. I would want my son's assets protected as well and we're talking about Michael Jackson. But what Katherine is not understanding is that he was trying to protect his mother with his will set up the way it was. The lawyers will ensure that Michael's wishes are carried out to the fullest. Michael has a long term plan that will reach beyond the grave and it would have been too easy for Katherine to get pushed around by the industry. He took care of his mother in his will and Katherine should leave it alone. Michael knew what he was doing and this is not over by a long shot. The courts will make sure the lawyers do what the will says. I believe the lawyers will do the right thing and carry it out EXACTLY the way Michael wanted it too. There is a much bigger picture here and the world will be SHOCKED when it all comes out!!! Remember Michael has his hands in Sony/Epic, and very much intertwined in the music industry which would have left Katherine open to bullying and just too dangerous! I really believe Michael was protecting his mother in the will. That's why he had it stated in the will that if anyone tries to contest it, they will be cut off. But to say that Katherine is greedy and uncaring is unfair. She watched the industry kill her son, so of course, she's going to try to protect him, even in his death. This was her son and they loved each other very much! Give Katherine a break and also, if a judge is a friend of a friend, it wouldn't matter. The judge upheld the will. That's his job. Katherine needs to stop taking the advice of her lawyers and let things pan out the way they are supposed to and I believe it will. I'm staying tuned!

Loralye2

It makes me wonder if any of the authorities already have the AEG contract in their possession. I believe that AEG is probably silently involved in the murder investigation. If they are and if they find any wrong doing, it will all come out. That is why they keep delaying the autopsy results. There is an all-out murder investigation going on and I believe that Michael set things up so that all would be exposed when it was all said and done and I believe that is exactly what is going to happen.

TEAMBRANCA

YOU HAVE TO LISTEN TO MICHAEL TALKING ABOUT HIS DAD ALWAYS ASKING FOR
MONEY

HE DID NOT WANT HIS FAMILY IN CONTROL END OF STORY

TEAMBRANCA

352. Joy4u

I happen to just be interested having seen my mother's family fight over money and destroy an estate. Also
Michael followed Branca's advice and put all of his assets in a trust which guards it from creditors. Unlike his parents he was going to work to make certain he didn't go bankrupt. MICHAEL's family has a LONG HISTORY of asking for extraordinary amounts of money from him

Branca just did the job michael asked him to do.

And I don't act as though I have inside information, these are all just my opinions. McBillions is nothing but Joe's tool and michael never wanted joe in his business once an adult. I just trust Branca more than his family that's all. IF HE WERE CORRUPT HE WOULD ACCEPT A HUGE PAYOUT AND LET THEM HAVE IT. HE'S NOT BECAUSE IT IS NOT WANT MICHAEL WANTED.

MJ was smart he did not just sign some will without reading it.

Previous 15 Comments | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20