IRS Faces/Off with Nic Cage

8/1/2009 1:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Nicolas CageNicolas Cage makes tons of money making movies, so why does he owe the state of Louisiana $6.2 million?

Cage was slapped with a federal tax lien last month. He owns a house there, which is currently on the market for $3.55 million.

If Nic takes that cash and gives it right over to Louisiana, he'll only owe another $2.65 mil -- but he'll still owe everyone that saw "Bangkok Dangerous" 99 minutes of their life back.

His rep had no comment.

BAROL

This Cage guy's acting is horrible at best - even his voice is offensive, I can't describe the voice but anybody paying this dude to make a movie has to be nuts! Where is his talent and how did he ever get to where he is now where he commands millions of dollars for a picture - it sure is a mystery to me, I just don't get it.

balls

balls

tellitlikeitis

16 by sad state.....you're right I agree with you and think that's exactly where you need to go....across the pond. Don't drown.

Yeah

Ok, once again this is a story about a movie star getting too big for his own good. What is the point of owning multiple million dollar homes? Now he must be struggling to make ends meet being that he hasn't had a hit movie in some time. Also, where is his wife and child? You never see pictures of them out together. Odd.

Homie1Kanobe

Alright Nick Cage< I used to like you as an actor, But now you have crossed the line, Yes the rich need to pay taxes too. I hope they put you in a regular jail of your peers, where you belong.Like I said I use to respected,and liked you, But now your just a peice crap that needs to float out to sea. I can't beleive this. You are now on my Schit List

Saultxyca

Add "Captain Corelli's Mandolin" to that Two Thumbs Way Down list. Cage's Italian accent was such a hoot that ludicrously got in the way -- like a grade-school attempt at Hamlet. And John Madden -- not the fat sportscaster -- was the director. You know, of Shakespeare in Love fame. ... Blame it on Cage.

marty

I was going to say that.. isn't that the reason Wesley Snipes went to the 'slammer' ? I love Nic Cage; his best in my opinion was 'CON AIR". He has done a lot of good movies and not gotten the best review. 'Gets me why, but he should have won some awards by now. In 'CITY OF ANGELS' with Meg Ryan he was excellent and this is my favorite NIc movie. Having said that, he needs to take care of this setbacks, I mean taxes.

marty

Now, common you #23! Nic Cage has done better movies that what you think..where have you been? Have you seen 'National Treasure", first and second? There were number one movies..You don't need to be mean to the guy and his down' on luck with the ladies but yes WE have seen pictures of him, his wife and his newborn. If not recently, maybe they want to keep a low profile. They don't need to show you every second of their lives. Is called 'privacy', you know.

UGGGGHHH

THATS WHY TAXES ARE SO HIGH BECAUSE EVERYONE ELSE IS FOOTING YOUR BILL............

scammer

FACE OFF - now that was a good movie. C'mon Nic - go to your brother Marc C. in NY and get the money to pay your debts... or your uncle -

Gupta

I bought a map of the movie stars' homes in Los Angeles. It says Nic Cage lives on Pacific Coast Hwy in Malibu but when I went there to take a picture the man told me he moved out two years ago, then I heard he was living in Newport Beach until he caught a burglar in his yard, then I heard he moved to New York City with his Korean wife. Now, you say he lives in New Orleans. I also thought he lived in Hawaii. What gives?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2