Soap Star

8/1/2009 2:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The 77-year-old resurfaced at some event, looking precocious.

Robert Mandan

Robert divorced his wife in 1975.

In 2006, Mandan appeared in one episode of "General Hospital."

COMMENTS

Michael

I thought u folks wuz quick here..... guess I wuz rong....

SJ

I want to apologize for how I've been acting, because I'm an attention whore, and I'm sorry.

Robin

I think if you don't know what the show was or who was in it no need to comment. I liked the "first daughter" I think she ran the house (in a good way). Benson, Ingrid, Katherine Helmond who plalyed "Jessica(who went on to play the grandmother of Jonathon on Who's The Boss").. This was a funny show. Billy Crystal played a gay charachter. some of these older shows should replace the reruns we are watching now on some channels. How many marathons can "George Lopez, Fresh Prince, Family Matters have.? How many times can you repeat the same shows. I want to see "The Mary Tyler Moore Show, Betwitched, The Partridge Family, Little House On The Prarie. Even some cartoons have sexual overtones and cussing. Time to go back to good old fashion tv with substance, morals and values. Good Night Pa, Good Night John Boy.

Marcy

No but I remember him from Three's Company.

Bethany Sweet

I loved Soap! I got the whole series on DVD. Good to see he is doing well.

Miss Bu

What a great show it was way ahead of its time, when you guys talk about show doing reunions this is the show that should do one. that would be funny

as for FIRST you do realize that no really cares about idiots that only have the brain capacity to type FIRST beside the #1 which actually implies that a person is first. also it is oblivious that you have NO FRIENDS if the only place you can talk to ppl is online at 2AM. PEACE

NiceGuy

Not 3's Company,but 3's A Crowd. It only ran 2 seasons.

voiceofreason

"Soap" was one of the funniest shows of the 70's. It's great cast included: Katherine Helmond, Robert Gilluame, Robert Mandan, Billy Crystal, Diana Canova, Jimmy Baio, Ted Wass, Jennifer Salt, Dinah Manoff, Richard Mulligan, Catherine Damon and Rhoades Donnelly. I know that both Richard Mulligan and Catherine Damon have passed on. Ted Wass and Jennifer Salt produce and direct TV shows. It is really sad that this site is used to comment useless or tasteless rants instead of trying to enlighten others.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2