Jessica Simpson --

Part Indian,

Part Mysterious

8/3/2009 5:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jessica Simpson
When Jessica Simpson looked into our camera this weekend and claimed, "I am Indian" -- she wasn't kidding around.

Jessica's rep tells TMZ the singer is 1/16th Native American "on her mother's side."

So far, Simpson's peeps have not revealed which tribe Jessica is descended from.

Of course, the revelation only came to light after Jessica started receiving criticism from Native American groups after she claimed she wasn't an "Indian giver" -- regarding a gift she bought Tony Romo.

mike

Why do white people always say they have indian blood when it;s obviously not true? Whenever I'm in a group and we get on the topic of ancestry every white person has to say they're Cherokee. Such BS! You think all the Cherokees just kept messing around with white people or vice versa. Please!

Boredsh*tless

To # 51 Part Cherokee:

No your grandparents didn't lie to you. Someone lied to them, and then someone lied to their grandparents. Just like you will tell you're children that they are part Cherokee. You and Ms. Simpson could start you're own tribe!! Jessica's new Indian name can be Chicken of the Sea and yours can be Gullable One!

SJ

So what, I happen to be part caveman according to my Gazillonth Great Grampa Caveman, who discovered fire and firewater and harvested weed from the field for his pipe.

Christy

Oh my God!!!!!! People get over it! Who cares if she's Indian or she isn't! Who cares that she said she's not *gasp* an "Indian giver!" I have heard that term since I can remember. And for the record, I live only an hour or so from where Jessica grew up and we are nowhere near hillbilly. Just because people from the South are not pot smoking, surfer, airheads does not make us hillbillies. Next time you use your Dell computer, think about where Mr. Dell came from, huh?

too sad

white trash

MIKEY

Now that she is in trouble with the Natives she claims some ridiculously small percentage of Native ancestry that doesn't even count. Now her family is trying to invent some tribe and lay claim to them. Jessica and her entire family are 100% Hillbilly stupid which is why she can never hold onto a boyfriend.

too sad

is there an " IDIOT " TRIBE ?

too sad

Asslee is in the " coke ": tribe

MIKEY

I am Native Choctaw and I hate it when white people claim to be Native. White people do not mind claiming Native blood so long as they do not look real Native. Jessica Simpson is real stupid from the tribe of dumbass.

billpower

This sets Indian indignities back hundreds of years.

Mememememememe

THAT SLUMLAND AKA CLEVELAND GUY IS OBSESSED WITH LITTLE BOYS! EVERYTHING THAT HE WRITES USING MY USERNAME IS ABOUT A LITTLE BOY. GUY IN CLEVELAND, YOU REALLY NEED TO REFILL YOUR MEDICINE FOR YOUR BIPOLAR DISORDER. HOPEFULLY, ONE DAY YOU WILL FIND TRUE LOVE WITH A MAN BECAUSE IT'S OBVIOUS TO ALL OF US THAT YOU LIKE MALES. GOOD LUCK BRO!

darlene

i love Jessica! i don't know why everyone is making something out of nothing. no she said she's not an Indian giver WHO CARES! I've been saying it since i was a kid! people hate your beauty Jessica!

dido

poor stupid girl...she's confusing possibly having had Indian in her with being Indian..but, that's the closest she's likely to come to BEING INDIAN/Native American.

sicko Lambert

I'm sure everyone is 1/16 of something especially North Americans...a lot of Natives/Indians have white of something...who knows what Scottish, Irish, French etc., my great grandpa was an Irishman who married an indian woman and my dad married an indian woman also, How much Irish does that make me...how did Jessica Simpson find out she is 1/16 of Indian

Lippy Loo