Money, Custody on Line in Jackson Hearing

8/3/2009 5:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael Jackson Hearing4:54 -- During the lunch break John Branca said Jackson's estate has reached a settlement with AEG -- re: merchandising and rehearsal footage.

4:49
-- Katherine Jackson just withdrew her petition asking that she be put in charge of the estate. This petition was filed before she knew a will existed. The issue now -- will she oppose the appointment of Branca and McClain.

4:40 -- The Jacksons have all filed back into court and the judge has taken the bench.

3:00 -- The judge just admitted Jackson's 2002 will into probate. The will names John Branca and John McClain as co-executors. We know Katherine has a beef with that. The question -- will she challenge the co-executors or possibly ask that she be named as a third executor. Court is in recess for an hour-and-a half. Stay tuned.

2:50
-- The judge has ruled that AEG has to provide a copy of their contract with Michael to Katherine Jackson.

2:32 -- The judge has taken the bench.

2:28 -- Family members have begun to file back into the courtroom. The judge has yet to come back.

Michael jackson Launch photos

1:03 -- The judge has called for a 30-minute break.

12:55 -- The judge decided on the lesser amount because of concerns about duplicate expenses for the monthly allowance approved for Katherine.

12:42 -- The judge has just granted 83.5% of what was requested for the children's allowance. Specific amounts were not discussed.

12:41 -- The lawyers are now discussing the allowance for Jackson's three kids.

12:40 -- Debbie Rowe will have visitation rights with her two kids and will continue getting spousal support based on the agreement she struck with Michael several years ago.

12:39 -- The judge granted Katherine a financial allowance for six months retro from the time Michael died. The amount of the allowance wasn't discussed in open court.

12:37 -- The judge just named Katherine permanent guardian of all three kids.

12:26 -- Debbie Rowe's lawyer, Eric George, just said he won't object to Katherine being appointed temporary guardian, but permanent guardianship could be delayed. It's curious given the supposed settlement between Debbie and Katherine.

12:24 -- The judge just said Klein has no legal standing to lodge an objection ... that Michael Jackson and Debbie Rowe are the parents.

12:18 -- The judge wants to know what legal standing Klein has -- this could force the issue over whether he's the daddy.

12:17 -- Get this. Mark Vincent Kaplan (K-Fed's lawyer) just showed up on behalf of Dr. Arnold Klein. Kaplan says Klein has a long-standing commitment to Michael Jackson and has concerns about Joe Jackson being involved with the children. There are reports Klein is the father, but he hasn't confirmed or denied.

12:14 -- The judge is on the bench. He'll be dealing with the guardianship settlement between Katherine and Debbie Rowe first.

12:00 ET -- Rebbie Jackson, Michael's older sister, has just showed up. We're told, day to day, she'll be the one taking care of Michael's kids.

11:56 AM ET -- Katherine, Randy and La Toya were escorted upstairs to the courtroom. La Toya is wearing a black jacket, slacks, and a white blouse. Katherine is wearing a brown suit, looking calm ... and chewing gum.

11:46 AM ET -- Randy just showed up.

11:45 AM ET -- Katherine and the lawyers are inside the courtroom. Two of Michael's sisters and one brother are also expected. The hearing is expected to begin shortly.

Della

Hey you guys were discussing that tape last nite. I listened to it and here is what I heard him say to Glenda. He was talking about some woman named Kathy and their friendship. MJ was discussing with Glenda about LaToya being angry about something and him making mistakes. Kathy was upset about something he was about to do. I think it was about Lisa Marie because Glenda asked him what he was going to do, and he said "I'm going to be with her".

He also said about Kathy I think that she know's how I feel about sex, that I'm waiting until I'm married. I believe that was why i don't think the relationship about Diana was sexual but he did say she "Had his nose wide open." I did understand that.
I think they put a guilt trip on him and they stepped in a lot to keep him focused on music. His family put a stop to any and all relationships he formed.

TEAMBRANCA

PART 1
Well guys, Adawee, Holmes, It can happen

I am just hoping for the best for these children. I am giving Rowe the benefit of the doubt, she didn't go to the memorial which would have caused a distraction...now the kids can watch it and not see her in it and ask questions.

Adawee, I really do hope and believe that if the kids want nothing to do with her...she'll let it go. They are far more attached to their aunts and grandmother so I don't think they would ever choose to live with her and most courts would never pull them out of their current situation unless they were in harms way....to disruptive or not in their best interests. But perhaps the threat of any future contest will keep them from being exploited. Many of the younger generation are young entertainers T3, Steveanna and Geneveive. I think MJ wanted his kids to get a great formal education and then choose what they wanted to do.

For instance, he did not have the kids in dance, tap, ballet and with a vocal coach. They may have casually pursued those but he was NOT grooming them to be entertainers. They can do what they want but I think growing up near hollywood and with the noteriety and with the rest of the family in showbiz is potentially negative.

I really think Debbie is going to leave them alone...and time will bear me out.
Reports I read today state that Klein is going to file in family court 9/1/09. I hope this isn't true but maybe he just wants his hand in their to have access, the kids were fond of him, and perhaps so that in the event of Katherine's passing he can have a say in where they go.

Listen he is gay, lives alone....and I am certain doesn't want kids cramping his lifestyle. If he wanted kids he would have had them by now.

I think he wants to make sure the kids turn out the way MJ wanted them too and not LIKE lindsay lohan or paris hilton. MJ would rooollll over in his grave. His mother's influence will help prevent that as well.

I think its fine for Joe to see the kids in family situations at holidays etc. 3-4 times a year max.

Klein may also have a valid concern about the children being indoctrinated into Jehova's witness. WHICH WOULD MEAN NO BIRTHDAYS, NO CHRISTMAS ETC. And MJ wouldn't want that either....he always talked about how awful it was not to celebrate those and he had birthday parties for his kids. MAYBE THAT'S WHAT KLEIN WANTS TO INFLUENCE. The man is loaded and does not need the kids money. He would not pad the bills to the estate to cover costs unrelated to their schooling. And frankly I think he would have taken care of those kids and raised them right if Mike had died broke. He NEVER abandonned Michael.

Again don't think he wants to take them out of Katherine's home but rather wants to ensure they hear about more about their father's wishes for them.

After my father died I loved talking to his friends, they are good friends to this day protective, take me out to dinner whenever in town, regale me with stories of their times together or of myself little....and I love it.

I hope that that is all Klein wants.

TEAMBRANCA

CAN'T GET PART TWO POSTED

TEAMBRANCA

Della I agree with that completely
esp. the last part. They wanted control over him and no girlfriend or wife to contend with.So sad.

TEAMBRANCA

sorry my yahoo is really screwed up I never even saw all those posts go through
maybe the password finally worked

sorry

Della

mine is to brancarocks.. it post mine when it wants to and splits it up ... i give up..i should just speak at my computer and hope for the best..

barb

he Los Angeles Coroner is expected to release the official autopsy results this week, after a delay reportedly caused by the vacationing and now outgoing Police Chief William Bratton, who today announced his departure as Chief.

TEAMBRANCA

Wooosh I'm exhausted defending MJ against those idiot haters out there.

Della and It can happen.... you must be too ;)

People can be really small minded and inhuman. Ciao

TEAMBRANCA

Also Della

I have no problems with Katherine, she was on some paperwork and MJ loved her dearly. I just don't think she is business savy and I think Londell will be disruptive..he already has been while the executors are hammering great deals for the estate.

And now with today's post about the Korean's now hitting up the estate for that Judgement against her, joe and jermaine I just think it best that she chill out and take the profits. I feel like its a little Karma...hopefully these Koreans will be disposed of though and Katherine can Not have her 40% attached. The team needs to be able to work together and so far I am not sensing that from Londell. I really think Branca and McClain...want what's best for her. McClain helped MJ and really helped facilitate Janet's success. They are trustworthy and will be overseen by the courts.

Love ya

holmes

brancarock..

I read your entry-- and you are thinking like a civilised person that you are.. THEY ARE NOT CIVILISED PEOPLE.

anyway-- if Mj wanted Klein to have any say with those kids??? HE WOULD HAVE MADE HIM 'GODFATHER' OF AT LEAST ONE OF THE KIDS.. MICHAEL DIDN'T... MARK LESTER IS GODFATHER OF BOTH KIDS..

so Klein really no say in anything.. what' he's doing is MEDDLING in an already volatile situation.

he's A TROUBLEMAKER. AND HE BETRAYS MICHAEL..

holmes

BRANCAROCKS..YOU KNOW how I feel about Londell.. I've been watching him closely-- from his reasons alone why Katherine should be an executor?? he's going around in c ircles.. he really has no leg to stand on and he'll be a disruptive energy between branca & Maclain.. as londell/kath/joe want to rule that roost.. they want to run the show- not cooperate forthe common good.In this case: the estate.

it's really interesting the way people with a deeper ulterior motive/s cooperate.. one doesn't even have to take what they say. but t he things THEY DON'T SAY.. I find it amusing. when they think-- they are so clever & not obvious.. but in truth?? THEY SURELY ARE..

holmes

della.. when did that MJ conversation take lace?? the year??

Latoya had no say-- & MJ already left home(was living in Neverland) and it was after the allegations when Michael did that Lisa Marie sham..

so I will say-- it's not Lisa Marie. remeber.. Latoya already left home and was with that Jack Gordon.

find out the ear.. then you'll figure out How Michael was feeling then..and you'll figure out his age.

remember. he NEVER HAD SEX WITH LISA MARIE.. forget that bs from her.

I heard parts of this phone chat- it sounds to me he was still living in Hayvenhurst.

Della

I don't know no sure...the phone conversation was sometime in the 90s.. i'm not sure if he ever had sex.. don't know for sure.. the conversations don't specify the year.

Della

Brancarocks-

I have read your posts.. i still love you.. sorry for the sporadic post.. got home late.. had a late dinner.. trying to catch up.. speaking to the computer and letting it post for me tonite..except a few quick smart azz remarks thrown in here and there

and it is exhausting being defensive...

holmes

brancarock.. heard the latest??
the gloves are off.. Londell finally lets out Katherine is going for executor- or one of the bros- like Jermaine?? the one who got Tohme with MJ?/
read the news on Associated press..
all predictable,isn't it??

Previous 15 Comments | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments