Money, Custody on Line in Jackson Hearing

8/3/2009 5:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael Jackson Hearing4:54 -- During the lunch break John Branca said Jackson's estate has reached a settlement with AEG -- re: merchandising and rehearsal footage.

4:49
-- Katherine Jackson just withdrew her petition asking that she be put in charge of the estate. This petition was filed before she knew a will existed. The issue now -- will she oppose the appointment of Branca and McClain.

4:40 -- The Jacksons have all filed back into court and the judge has taken the bench.

3:00 -- The judge just admitted Jackson's 2002 will into probate. The will names John Branca and John McClain as co-executors. We know Katherine has a beef with that. The question -- will she challenge the co-executors or possibly ask that she be named as a third executor. Court is in recess for an hour-and-a half. Stay tuned.

2:50
-- The judge has ruled that AEG has to provide a copy of their contract with Michael to Katherine Jackson.

2:32 -- The judge has taken the bench.

2:28 -- Family members have begun to file back into the courtroom. The judge has yet to come back.

Michael jackson Launch photos

1:03 -- The judge has called for a 30-minute break.

12:55 -- The judge decided on the lesser amount because of concerns about duplicate expenses for the monthly allowance approved for Katherine.

12:42 -- The judge has just granted 83.5% of what was requested for the children's allowance. Specific amounts were not discussed.

12:41 -- The lawyers are now discussing the allowance for Jackson's three kids.

12:40 -- Debbie Rowe will have visitation rights with her two kids and will continue getting spousal support based on the agreement she struck with Michael several years ago.

12:39 -- The judge granted Katherine a financial allowance for six months retro from the time Michael died. The amount of the allowance wasn't discussed in open court.

12:37 -- The judge just named Katherine permanent guardian of all three kids.

12:26 -- Debbie Rowe's lawyer, Eric George, just said he won't object to Katherine being appointed temporary guardian, but permanent guardianship could be delayed. It's curious given the supposed settlement between Debbie and Katherine.

12:24 -- The judge just said Klein has no legal standing to lodge an objection ... that Michael Jackson and Debbie Rowe are the parents.

12:18 -- The judge wants to know what legal standing Klein has -- this could force the issue over whether he's the daddy.

12:17 -- Get this. Mark Vincent Kaplan (K-Fed's lawyer) just showed up on behalf of Dr. Arnold Klein. Kaplan says Klein has a long-standing commitment to Michael Jackson and has concerns about Joe Jackson being involved with the children. There are reports Klein is the father, but he hasn't confirmed or denied.

12:14 -- The judge is on the bench. He'll be dealing with the guardianship settlement between Katherine and Debbie Rowe first.

12:00 ET -- Rebbie Jackson, Michael's older sister, has just showed up. We're told, day to day, she'll be the one taking care of Michael's kids.

11:56 AM ET -- Katherine, Randy and La Toya were escorted upstairs to the courtroom. La Toya is wearing a black jacket, slacks, and a white blouse. Katherine is wearing a brown suit, looking calm ... and chewing gum.

11:46 AM ET -- Randy just showed up.

11:45 AM ET -- Katherine and the lawyers are inside the courtroom. Two of Michael's sisters and one brother are also expected. The hearing is expected to begin shortly.

danger baby

Holmes wrote: AS I SEE.. THEIR MOTIVE.. IS SELL THE ASSETS.. AND DIVIDE the PROCEEDS ALL AMONGST THEMSELVES.. as this is their chance.. to get MJ's money.
and Dileo is right..

***********
That is EXACTLY their plan. That estate WOULD BE IN SHAMBLES in a matter of months without the Special Administrators' level-headed decision making, not to mention business expertise.

holmes

danger baby.. this is what I w as trying to say about t hose notebooks for ages now-- I thought people got it..

WHAT I LAUGH ABOUT IS.. WAS.. bet Klein & Rowe or rowe at least(as she signing in) FORGOT ABOUT THESE NOTEBOOKS.. LOL.. aha.. as the 'DEAD' tries to avenge himself!!! WHY, IT TURNED UP-- SHOCKED & I KNOW SCARES THE HELL OUT OF THEM.. THEY'VE FORGOTTEN ALL ABOUT IT.. NO WONDER, KLEIN WAS SO BUSY ABSOLVING HIMSELF OF ANY WRONG DOING.. always assuming of course, no one ,nothing will DEBUNK HIM.. IF THEY HAD THESE NOTEBOOKS?? THEY WOULD HAVR DESTROYED IT BY NOW.. better believe it.

also, bec it was/is MJ's records.. NO ALIASES.. OOPSIE DAISY.. GETTING CAUGHT IN THEIR OWN HORSE DUNG..

danger baby

danger baby

Holmes - Makes sense and thanks, as there's really not much one can find online about Hoefflin and the notebooks. There is so much drivel in these various blogs that I can't wade through it all to glean the good stuff. Hoefflin and the notebooks qualify as REALLY good stuff. Why aren't we hearing more about this in the mainstream media? Maybe Debs or Klein's lawyers are trying to shut people up (as they did with the video showing Debs joking about taking certain drugs). Love your posts. Keep 'em coming!

holmes

OF COURSE, rOWE WAS INJECTING mJ UNDER THE AEGIS OF kLEIN.. HOW ELSE CAN IT BE??

there's no doubt, Klein is a good dermatologist.. but this is not the Point.. HE'S SLEAZY! AND A DRUG PUSHER.. it's not amazing most IF NOT ALL his celeb clients had/have drug problems!!! AND THE LIST IS LONG..DUH.. each time another celeb goes to rehab.. he's/she isa KLEIN CLIENT.. I laugh my head off..

Hoefflin is good.. BUT SOME CELEBS GO TO EXTREME.. some of hoefflin's handiwork-- Ivana(her f irst MAJOR job) DOLLY PARTON, JOAN RIVERS OF COURSE.. LIZ TAYLOR.. GEORGE HAMILTON.. SO MANY..
THEIR EXPERTISE-- i HAVE NO DOUBT..

BUT i'M AFTER TRACING MJ'S DRUG ADDICTION.. i DON'T A FIG ABOUT THE OTHERS. NONE OF MY BIZ..

TEAMBRANCA

Danger

I have to leave for a while again until this evening but I think Dr. Klein is very well respected. I believe MJ arrived at his practice with a significant drug dependency. It will be interesting to find out exactly when Klein first started treating jackson. Hoefflin could not have not known about the drug dependency...doses needed during the procedures and for aftercare would have indicated MJ had a HIGH tolerance.

Ciao...did you read about LaToya taking the masters. Its on reuters and in Rolling Stone.

kathie

Wallace Goodstein estimated that Jackson has had well over 50 surgeries, many performed at the hands of Goodstein's former partner Dr. Steven Hoefflin....Hoefflin was however able to beat the wrap about ridiculing patients while under anesthesia.

brancarocks

Yes, I've seen those same articles re: Wallace Goodstein. That and MJ's statement that his addiction began as a result of the burns from the 1984 Pepsi fire and Hoeffin's treatment of him at that time.

I've researched the cortisone treatments for acne with follow up collagen treatmensts for the resultant atrophy. It's a well known practice, Hoefflin's opinion of Klein's acne treatment of MJ seems to be a theory only he subscribe to.

See 'Scarring from Acne' under http://physician-assistant.advanceweb.com/editorial/content/editorial.aspx?CC=151976

In the article linked here, Restylane, a treatment considered better than collagen is mentioned here as a filler. More expensive and more likely the type of filler Klein treated MJ with.

See Botox - Collagen - Restylane - by Barry M. Davidson, MD http://www.cosmeticsurgeryboston.com/botox.html

holmes

i AM ALSO LIVING PROOF-- IF DEMEROL/MORPHINE IS DONE RIGHT WITH THE RIGHT AMOUNT OF DOSAGE?? ONE DOESN'T HAVE TO END UP AN ADDICT..

mind you-- I practically stopped taking vicodin.. after a few days.. I hated being constipated(a side effect) only when I was in grave discomfort did I take it.. after it I quit.. within 2 weeks.. the morphine.. I was given only like 6 pills.. for home cure.. I finished that..

I advise.. after a few days??? TO RECUPERATE.. DO ACUPUNCTURE.. GO AN ASIAN.. THEY KNOW THEIR BUSINESS.. & CHEAPER TOO.. IT WILL HELP YOU HEAL & FASTER.. THEN YOU WON'T NEED PAIN KILLERS. AS ACUPUNCTURE GOES TO T HE ROOT OF THE PROBLEM.. SORTS IT OUT.. and the body takes over to heal itself..

I know-- I did it.

holmes

Mj's insomnia could have been cured by acupuncture too.. the first year I was having it.. I went every week.. within a few mins. I'd fall asleep.. wake up refreshed like I slept hrs..

CHINESE MEDICINE HASN'T BE HERE FOR CENTURIES FOR NOTHING.. the key ois getting/finding a damn good Asian doctor.. I am very lucky I found one when I tore my knee ligament & I refused to see a western doc.. I could see my future with pins in my knee..

this Korean gave me a series of treatments.. within 3 weeks.. DONE!! no operation.. no trobbing pain.. later on..it's like nothing happened.

holmes

MJ was a compulsive,obssessive personality- he did it with everything .. whether his work anything..

that's why-- he should have been dealt with carefully with drugs.

he needed a good talking to when he was getting into these face jobs.. his mother should have said something..

TEAMBRANCA

holmes I agree MJ needed the eastern approach.

kathie

1351. I tivo'ed Geraldo showing those notebooks.. and Rowe was injecting Mj 100 mg a shot-- every 2-4 hrs.. around the clock... THAT'S THE PROOF.. and these notebooks came from MICJAEL'S OWN RECORDS.

1354. from those notebooks.. IT'S clear Mj was getting CLOSE TO like 1,800 mg of demerol a day..

holmes,

do the math, 100 mg every 2-4 hours is 600-1200 mg max

Hoeffin is quoted in the sun as saying

"The maximum amount you should give a patient of his weight and build in SEVERE surgical pain is 200mg a day. Michael was being given 800mg a day."

Hoeffin is incorrect based on recommended adult dosage of 50-150 mg every 3-4 hours for moderate to severe pain (determined according to your response and the severity of the pain) in the Physicians Desk Reference at http://www.pdrhealth.com/drugs/rx/rx-mono.aspx?contentFileName=Dem1122.html&contentName=Demerol&contentId=1

There is no way to substantiate what you say Hoeffin claimed was in those notebooks, no online transcript. What he said in his interview with the Sun is entirely different, it's possible you misremember what Hoeffin said.

kathie

I find fault with Hoeffin doing press and tv interviews ending with "I'll be happy to speak with the police", he should have done that before doing those interviews.

The LAPD and DEA will be investigating Klein and Hoefflin if they haven't already.

kathie

A source close to the Jackson family has revealed to our investigators that Blanket Jackson's biological mother is in fact 32 year old Brit, Dr Susan Essien Etok.

kathie

1361. This is interesting...someone visiting top surgeons to see what plastic surgery or 'work' they would recommend. Hoefflin and Klein are two of the three doctors who were consulted. Klein comes off looking good here.

Posted at 2:57PM on Aug 6th 2009 by Danger Baby

Thanks for that article Danger Baby,

I noted that 'Star Surgery: How much to make me' was published in the Sunday Mirror, May 19, 2002

Previous 15 Comments | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments