Jermaine Jackson -- Smile for Apple

8/4/2009 7:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

In docs filed with the court, lawyers for the estate say they've negotiated a very favorable agreement for the estate with Apple Inc., for the promotion, distribution and sale of the audio and audiovisual recordings of Jermaine Jackson's performance of the song, "Smile" at the memorial service.

They claim there is currently "a heightened demand for such products due to Jermaine Jackson's moving performance during the memorial service, which may diminish over time."

But they need to act quick, so they're asking the judge to approve the deal ... ASAP.

beeleevr

no, it's the LOVE OF MONEY IS THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL. This is just too much, it makes me sick to listen to all these money schemes being made. What IS this world coming too. Surely the end.

Sing Sing

"3. I'll get roasted for this: I actually think Jermaine is a better singer than MJ

Posted at 6:15PM on Aug 4th 2009 by georgiehopper"

to be honest with you, i have to agree. when they were younger, i think michael was a stronger singer, but michael's voice changed as he got older. it was still good, but just not as powerful. don't know if that had to do with his nose surgeries or just his singing style changed. he was still amazingly creative, an artistic genius, and a perfectionist, which is what made him reach the heights that he did. however, in adult life, jermaine definately has a more powerful voice. i wish he would record some tracks. his voice is unique but it also reminds me so much of michael's. that would be sweet :)

moonwalker

Sidney

@Mariela: Thank you - I was beginning to question if I had missed something.

"Have any of you read this article at all??? it clearly says: "Michael Jackson's special administrators want the estate to cash in on a song one of his brothers performed at the memorial, but time is of the essence." It's not Jermaine's fault if there is a great demand for the song he sang "Smile"... "

nita

michael jackson interview with jesse jackson
This man is brillant, he was crowned king in africa in 1993, he signed official papers in soviet union in warsaw only head officals are honored with this. michael was a huge threat. love you michael? enemies came out raging after he was crowned king, listen to this 6 part interview

PastCanaan7

17. I bet the Jackson brothers are glad MJ is dead.

Posted at 6:19PM on Aug 4th 2009 by Paparazzo@frog.cc

**************************************
Well................was Jermaine able to make the kind of money he's been hauling in the past 4 weeks while his brother was alive?
The only time I've seen anybody throw a rose on a coffin like that was in movies depicting a mob funeral.......!

Bet he's absolutely delirious that singing MJs favorite song is now gonna make him some big bucks....
it's a good thing, He couldn't make any money before. Maybe now he'll be able to pay all his back child support, and move himself and his children into a place of their own. Out of the house that MJ paid for. And keep gas in his car, etc.

Good luck Jermaine..........ill gotten gain never lasts for forever.

Dixie

77. How come you guys are all cracking down on Jermaine like that? I think he's a great singer as well as Michael. There is no comparison. I can't believe all the nasty remarks on here about Jermaine. I don't know if you guys noticed on the day Michael died how he broke down crying when he had to announce his brother's death. I saw those tears in his eyes. And he is still mouring his brother. I feel so sorry for poor Jermaine. Why would he want to make money off his brother when he had a few albums out? I actually have a greatest hits album now that I love to listen to. And he has an incredible voice. I love the way he sings "Daddy's Home". Stop hating on this guy already. And in case you all didn't know, Jermaine does read stuff on the internet and hears all the stuff on TV being said about his brother. He even stated in an interview a couple of weeks ago, "Please stop the name calling about my brother because it hurts the family's feelings. My mother has custody of the kids and they are at home with my kids getting along just fine." Need I say more? Leave Jermaine alone.

Posted at 12:53AM on Aug 5th 2009 by sexy one
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You have your right to your opinion, others who disagree have a right to their opinion too! Jermaine has been the one drawing attention to himself!

Yes, his kids are with Michael's at Katherines house. Katherine has been supporting them too. Since Katherine got her money fom Michael, well that means Michael has been the one to really foot the bill for at least some of Jermaine's kids.
Jermaine should be ashamed of himself.
This is all just my opinion.

Click on the link below to see what a stand-up guy Jermaine is.

Jermaine also fathered children with Randy's ex-wife! NICE GUY, HUH? He's full of sh*t!

PastCanaan7

So of course....once again MJ created the basis for the profit. And once again family gobbles it up.

Yeah.....I'll come right out and say it. I think a couple of the brothers hated Michael...because they couldn't be him.

Well, they still can't be him..........so they're gonna continue to be just as unhappy misery human beings as they were before. But now even more so.

PastCanaan7

67. 61. I WANT THE ORIGINAL SONG, SUNG BY "THE KING OF POP", MICHAEL JACKSON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RIP!!!!

Posted at 10:19PM on Aug 4th 2009 by HumanNature
----------------
Why would you when Jerm does his best imitation of Michael....

Posted at 10:43PM on Aug 4th 2009 by BrancaFan2
******************************************
Well said BrancaFan2

Dixie

82. And remember that the ONLY reason that this Jermaine version will probably sell well briefly......is only because it was sung at MJs funeral..........

Posted at 1:45AM on Aug 5th 2009 by PastCanaan7

Amen!

Babyfacemagee

So is that Apple Inc as in Apple Computer or Apple Music Publishing?

orkelly

mj was great but bob marley was better

Scorpusa

Cash in on the song!? I only wished this world was a better place... We need you back, Michael! Ever thought of donating the incomes of the song? Why to they have to cash in? For what? Another Mercedes SLK when at the same time children have to collect trash in India to stay alive for another day??? I AM DISGUSTED!!!

barb

72. I saw it advertised Jermaine will be on Larry King Live , this coming friday for an hour long show. It's just sickening, what he's doing to Michael, even in death. Like wanting to bury MJ at Neverland! MJ said he never wanted to go back there!

Posted at 11:30PM on Aug 4th 2009 by Dixie

Thanks for letting me know......... I'll be sure to miss it.

Cin

For God's Sake I'll rather have Apple to release MJ version of 'Smile'. It's in his History album and it sounds alot better.