Michael Jackson Movie Coming Soon

8/4/2009 10:05 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael Jackson Movie Coming SoonNew court documents in the Michael Jackson estate case reveal Columbia Pictures scored the footage of Michael Jackson's rehearsals and preparations for his London concerts ... but the studio is paying a hefty price.

Columbia will create a movie from the footage. Under the terms of the deal, the Jackson estate will get 90% of the profits and AEG will get the remaining 10%.

Columbia will guarantee a minimum of $60 million in return for the rights.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

TMZ_FAN

That was fast . . . no wasting time here!

holmes

AND THIS IS WHY-- JOHN BRANCA S HOULD BE XECUTOR OF THAT ESTATE.. TALK ABOUT A DEAL!

The Truth

oh chit lol

LillyandGish

Columbia? I thought it was Sony. Maybe they were out bid.

Just because you answered one of my questions doesn't mean you're off the hook about the feed. Are we out of luck until tomorrow? That sucks because I have to work tomorrow, I'll miss it. Oh well, I guess I'll go do something productive with my time.

Bella4Skip

Everyone just can't help but hop on board the MJ gravy train, huh?

Kiki

Are the kids part of that estate? Maybe that is a stupid question.

JM

A movie about a Pedophile. What a strange world we live in.

GrandmaDynamite

Columbia Has it's Strap On.....Ready to Rape that Corpse!!!!!
This Piece of Crap is Worth Much More DEAD than ALIVE!!!!!

jackschitt

Gee, I wonder if the movie will conveniently forget to include Michael the Molester?

Machelle

It seems like
the executors are
doing a really good job,
and they will continue to make
decisions financially
advantageous for the benefit of the family, so they should
shut up and let them fufill Michaels wishes and
worry about raising the kids

ynnada1

Don't get it.

Columbia pays $60 million for the rights and makes the movie.
If the Jackson estate gets 90% of profits and AEG gets 10% of the profits, what does Columbia get out of the deal? DVD sales distribution profits? or what?

Kiki

Im sure it will have the ignorance of people like you James and jackschitt. No in all reality, do you know how to read. Rehearsals and preperation for London concerts.

breakofdawn

yes,yes ,yes...we fans want to see our Idol doing his thing. we love you Michael for ever.

LONG LIVE THE KING.

mjacksonfan777

OMG! I cant wait. Like many fans, I cant get enough. I'm anxious to see what his performance would have been like.
I LOVE YOU MICHAEL-GOD BLESS YOUR KIDS & FAMILY.

Yolanda Nixon

We'll be seeing likeness' of his image on paper bindles in the gutters in Harlem. Coincidentally bearing the same slang term as "boy".

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments