TMZ

Our TV Shows

Got a Tip?

Call TMZ at (888) 847-9869 or Click Here

Michael Jackson Movie Coming Soon

8/4/2009 10:05 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael Jackson Movie Coming SoonNew court documents in the Michael Jackson estate case reveal Columbia Pictures scored the footage of Michael Jackson's rehearsals and preparations for his London concerts ... but the studio is paying a hefty price.

Columbia will create a movie from the footage. Under the terms of the deal, the Jackson estate will get 90% of the profits and AEG will get the remaining 10%.

Columbia will guarantee a minimum of $60 million in return for the rights.

147 COMMENTS

No Avatar
76.

Camilla    

who's the money going to? Let's see if AEG will earn lots of money, craps.... Everybody wants Michael's money....

1819 days ago
77.

Cassy    

If the estate gets 90% and AEG gets the remaining 10% - what's in this for Columbia?

1819 days ago
78.

lankandiva    

82. as slow as he was moving because he was spaced out on drugs i guess it will be in 3 d so they can speed it up so we all dont fall asleep..whats it going to be called ..WACKO JACKO BACK FROM THE DEAD..hell i would pay 10 bucks to go see it but i bet they charge 25 ..oops too bad maybe next time


GET LOST..AGAIN SOMEONE WHO LIKES TO BULLY AND TALK ILL OF THE DEAD..SO DISGRACELFUL..MAKES ME SICK AND WONDER HOW YOU WERE RAISED UP TO TALK ILL OF THE DEAD,ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU DONT KNOW WTF YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT..YOU REAP WHAT YOU SOW..BELIEVE ME IT WIILL BE COMING YOUR WAY SOON..DONT BE TO SUPRISED THEN..AS I SAID TO THE OTHER PERSON.REMEMBER ME WHEN IT HAPPENS..I CANT BELIEVE SOME OF THE THINGS IM READING HERE..ABSOLUTELY CHILDISH AND PATHETIC..ID LOVE TO SEE WHAT HALF OF THE HATERZ COULD DO COMPARED TO MICHAEL JACKSON?PLEASE NOTHNG COMPARES TO HIM,NEVER WILL..HES AND WILL BE THE BEST EVER THE WORLD HAS SEEN OF ALL TIMES..

1819 days ago
79.

jean    

Looking at the video tof those so called June rehersals at Staples, has anyone noticed that Michael is wearing his long curly wig? He has not worn that hair style in some time, The question is when were those film clips really taken? I would think he was too ill in June from all the reports.that footage could have been from many months ago,and they claim he was in good health 2 days before his death. Just another cover up lie to make money off a dead person. The man in the press conference did not even look ,or ,sound like Michael,was that a look-alike? None of the gestures of the man at the podium had the traits of Michael. He had like 20 lawsuits still pedning ,will those people finally get their pay from this drug addict that defaulted on so many deals he made with people?

1819 days ago
80.

lankandiva    

81. OK, I beg your pardon, scuce me.

Posted at 8:02AM on Aug 5th 2009 by Andreemyrian (from Monaco)

:)THATS FINE,JUST WANTED MAKE IT CLEAR I WOULD NEVER TALK ILL OF MICHAEL JACKSON..THANKS

1819 days ago
81.

dmb    

HOW MANY LITTLE BOY TOYS WILL BE IN THIS NEVER ENDING NEVERLAND STORY?

1819 days ago
82.

Lisa    

MJ would have wanted all the proceeds to go to charity.

1819 days ago
83.

Lisa    

Google MJ Private Home Movies to see some incredible vidoes and real moments in his life. It did my heart good to see that he had a lot of fun and happiness in his life. If you believe he was a whacko, this will change your mind. Inform yourself before you judge. And then, don't judge anyway. Children were his musical inspiration.

1819 days ago
84.

Beba    

Michael Jackson came into the public eye along with his siblings, as a unforgettable talent. He left this world as nothing more than a weak version of his father, who molested children, harrased and threatened people for drugs, didnt pay his debts and chose to live his life as a drug addict. By the way there are hundreds of equally talented artists out there who didnt sink to the depths he did and should be honored in life rather than in death. Anyone who killed themselves over this man was as disillusioned as he was. Michael Jackson was dead a long time ago. Anyone who wakes up and goes through thier life unconscious on a daily basis has already checked out of this world.

1819 days ago
85.

JoJo Dancer    

Yes, your math AND reading comprehension is poor. Columbia is paying for the "RIGHTS" to make the film. The estate will get 90% of what was paid by Columbia for those rights and AEG will 10% of what was paid. Columbia will earn money from profits and distribution of the film.

1819 days ago
86.

max    

its great .... michael live forever....

1819 days ago
87.

ThePrevailingTruth    

He went back to the curly hair in June. If you look at paparazzi video on youtube from June you can see the curly hair.

1819 days ago
88.

Kiki    

I cant wait to see this. It will be the last chance to see our man in his last greatness before he was wrongfully taken from us.

1819 days ago
89.

Lilie    

We love you Michael!

1819 days ago
90.

blackletta    

I aso thought that Sony bought the footage. Well that is how media give wrong information. But I a so glad that the estate of Michael's will prifit nore them AEG. A 90% Jackson estate 10% AEG, which in my book AEG should not be gettikng nothing. Anyway, I was not going to check it out when it came to the movies, since his estate profits more I will differently go, I just hope they don't try and use someone else to play Micheal. Just fix it with him as his self footage to look more professional for Michael's fans.

1819 days ago
Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Around The Web