Paula Abdul

Tweets Bye-Bye to Idol

8/5/2009 12:19 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Paula Abdul Guess who just blinked in American Idol's high stakes game of chicken? Paula Abdul says she's leaving the show.

She just tweeted this:

"With sadness in my heart, I've decided not to return to Idol. I'll miss nurturing all the new talent, but most of all being a part of a show that I helped from day 1 become an international phenomenon."

Sources have told TMZ that Paula's been negotiating for a big raise, and the deadline was this week because rehearsals are about to start.

So, hardball negotiation ploy on Paula's part or the real deal?

Stay tuned...

More Today in TMZ History

seller1254

Oh, Okay so the weirdo's name is Kara! Kara has no original comments of her own on the show. She "feeds" off of Randy and Simon's comments. How the hell did Kara even end up on Idol?!!!

Cashdollar

She should stay and get rid of that Kara bitch...or whatever her name is.

Quiet

Paula keeps hanging onto work at her age becuase no one wants to marry her or have children with her. sad.

People are nasty

Harvey,
you and your team must be so proud to provide a forum for such nasty bitter people. maybe this should be my last visit to your site. I'm thinking that there are some pretty big issues that collectively we should be talking about instead of this. But then again it makes you rich.

LakersFan

I still dont understand why they rehired Kara instead of firing her and giving her salary to Paula so she would shut up about a raise. Kara and her Hannah Montana soundtrack song she composed for the American idol finale needs to go!

Katy

If Paula goes, I go.

KJP

American Idol has just lost a fan, she may have been flaky but Paula was Paula, she made the show from the beginning and I will no longer watch Idol, I'm disappointed:(

LakersFan

I have a feeling this is some elaborate publicity stunt to get viewers. Watch them "work out" a deal before the first American Idol show airs.

angelhill

I would be extremely happy to see Kara, Paula, and Randy go. Nothing any of them says makes any sense anyway. I'm so sick of Paula being spacy, Randy booing Simon, and Kara had to be stupid, she went to Duke. Only one makes any sense is Simon. Maybe we could get some entirely new judges. Maybe some that actually knows music. Just Simon and two news ones would be fine with me.

To the woman who complains about all the post being negative.....honey, you don't need to be here. You stay positive in your little flower garden and don't worry about the world and most important of all, Stay Off The Site.

SillyMike

She should have just STFU and taken the money. She is a pill popping drug addict. She was usless in picking talent on the show. She thought everyone was wonderful. And I bet she did sleep with that one contestant. You could see this happening from a mile away when they brought in the other useless chick last year. Who was by the way very unprofessional to that bikini girl.

snickers

She sucks, and so does the show.

s jules

A few weeks ago she was calling it '' rude and disrespectful' that her contract wasn't renewed. Welcome to the real world, where thousands of people's contracts are renewed on a daily basis. It's called losing one's job, getting fired. You have been replaced. Now, go register for unemployment like the rest of us.

IdolNoMore

If Paula goes, I go. Crazy or not, Paula deserves at least as much money as Ryan. It's sick that the men make more money than the women.

MG

In this day and age, Paula, be grateful for what you have. Millions, along with myself, are unemployed. Ungrateful bitch. Don't let the door hit you on the way out. You're done, fini, zip. You won't see me watching you -- whererever you may appear to rear your ugly head. All you stupid stars think you're owed something - you're owed NOTHING...just like normal folks.

ecco6t9

And with that I am done with Idol.

Rather than keeping an established face on a show we get a broad with a face no one wants to look at. Good luck with using that reject from a failed ABC American Idol rip off.