Rivers -- Brooke Shields Exploited Jacko's Death

8/4/2009 10:51 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Joan Rivers is calling out Brooke Shields for her weepy speech at Michael Jackson's memorial saying it was less about remembering her "dearest friend" and more about getting some serious "face time."

Joan Rivers: Click to watch
For the record: Shields admits the last time she saw Michael was 1991.

Lee

She's right! Brooke Shields speech was so ridiculous! I even took a bathroom break while she was speaking. PHONY!

meme

if joan's face was pulled any tighter she'd have a beard. STFU you spiteful old hag.

Violet

Sorry, but I have to go with Joan this time. She's got it right! Interesting that Brooke hadn't seen him since the early 90s--a time some would say was his peak of fame--and yet she somehow managed to resurface and give a speech about during one of the most watched/anticipated/talked about television events of the decade. If that isn't going for the fame or the face time, I don't know what is. Why wasn't she by his side defending him during all of his controversies of the last 15 or so years if she loved him and cared about him so much?

Tulip from JerusalemIsrael

Not that I like Rivers, but I have been wondering myself why MJ and Shields did not see each other again after 1991. In het book, LaToya Jackson was also very negative about Brooke Shields.

ELEANOR

THE DRIED UP PILE OF PUKE HAS SPOKEN AGAIN, JUST SHUT YOUR UGLY FACE UP. YOU FRIGGIN PIG!

lilyx

STFU Joan! Brooke's was one of the only REAL & SINCERE moments in the whole spectacle. When you speak at a memorial it's not only recent friends but people who knew you way back when.

CanCan

Joan Rivers is a hag. After watching her childish behavior on The Apprentice, I don't like her anymore. Then the MJ comment and now this. BTW...her face looks horrid. Can she do anymore botox??

Della

I would say that Joan Rivers is the one with the "serious face time"...actually serious face work!

Posted at 10:01AM on Aug 4th 2009 by georgiehopper

_____________________________________

That is too funny!

imho

Didn't Joan Rivers husband commit suicide? I would too, if I had Joan and Melissa as my family members.

Roro

Joan Rivers... iis she still alive or is she a Disney animatronic gone beserk?

doctor_gogol

Isn't the premise of a comedian for them to actually be funny? Maybe she was funny to audiences 45 years ago, but now she's just a circus freak. She's not only "not funny", she's un-funny!

Why is this cow even relevant enough to quote?

Jay

Shouldn't Joan be DEAD!

Disturbed

She was ASKED to speak moron, not to mention they wanted people to speak that had MEMORIES of him. Most of those people hadn't seen him in years and years, not just Brooke. Smokey Robinson hadn't seen him in forever either - John Mayer never even met him! This is just stupidity on Joan's part.

jean

All the speeches at the memorial that cost the broke tax payers of LA, were scripted and fake! Brooke has not been around Michael for what 18 years? She spoke of when they were kids and not adults,part of hios Peter Pan days?

bobmoo79

Rivers is just a bitter, senile old hag who disses people any chance she gets. The world will not mourn when she is gone, that's for sure. Brooke's speech seemed perfectly sincere to me - she never once gave me reason to question her sincerity.

Rivers should reduce the amount of 'face time' she gives her surgeon.