Abdul -- Simon 'Misses Me Already'

8/6/2009 10:25 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

It hasn't even been 48 hours since she quit "American Idol" -- but Paula Abdul claims Simon Cowell is already missing her like crazy!

Paula Abdul: Click to watch

The ex-judge was at JFK yesterday, where she called the situation "overwhelming" -- but insisted the drama wouldn't change her relationship with her former desk-mate.

Abdul also said she hadn't heard about producer Nigel Lythgoe's offer to be on "So You Think You Can Dance" -- but she might have another backup gig lined up anyway: Babysitting ... for Barack Obama's kids!

For the record -- we know Nigel offered Paula an opportunity to become a "guest judge" -- but nothing permanent ... at least not yet.

CHRIS

PAULA GO BACK AI- YOU ARE PART OF THE SHOW!!!!

La Toya Jackson

Who watching Paula anyway? .. Next.. Back to Michael Jackson

La Toya Jackson

Paula is a waist of skin

cathy b

GOT A QUESTION .......... WHAT IS IT WITH THE 'FIRST' AND "LAST' ONE WORD COMMENTS???? IS THERE A MEANING FOR THE ONE WORD? JUST CURIOUS OK BESIDES THE OBVIOUS :)

schipstar

the solution is simple; take half of Seacrest's salary and give it to Abdul. She contributes way more entertainment value to the show than he every could hope to, he's nothing but an MC, anyone could do that job. The "new girl" is boring, the show will be boring without Abdul, it would probably be the end of the show, I know I won't watch it and I'm not even necessarily one of her fans.

nancy

I don't know what happened...but I'd walk, too, if a nebish like Seacrest got $45 million and I got offered less. Who cares about Seacrest? He's like a boring game show host. He does nothing. He adds nothing to the show.

The show producers are numbskulls. Like--super stupid. It's like giving I Love Lucy lousy pay so she walks--and paying a fortune to Fred Murtz. I wouldn't stop watching A.I. if Seacrest walked. I WILL stop watching if Abdul doesn't return at a salary she deserves.

Linny

I enjoy watching Paula Abdul on American Idol. Paula is unique and she contributes a great deal to the show's entertainment overall. I hope AI will offer Paula more money and that she will return to AI - I love that show. Paula knows music, singing, and dance, even though sometimes she comes across as ditzy. She brings a warmth and consideration along with her constructive criticism of the contestants.

tom baker

Talk about give a sweetheart of an interview to TMZ. And people complain she is out of it or something. She is no more of a dingbat than any other girl. American Idol will crumble without her, and Simon won't sign on for more years. Losing Paula will result in Simon gone soon.

Lori

Paula should try living on my pay check.....greedy bitch!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3