The Search for the Next Billy Mays

8/6/2009 2:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Billy MaysIt'll be hard to find anyone to fill that blue shirt quite like Billy Mays -- but the marketing company behind Mighty Brand products is prepping a nationwide search for a new pitchman to take his place.

Media Enterprises
tells us the hunt will begin August 19 with auditions in Tampa, FL -- and will continue throughout the country. We're told Mays' image will remain on the Mighty products, but the company is looking for someone with as much enthusiasm as Billy to sell it.

The first product the new person would be pitching is the Mighty Sponge -- a sponge so strong it can allegedly absorb 2 liters of Coke.

The gig could end up being pretty lucrative for whoever nails it -- for one of his last commercials, Mays was paid seven figures for one day's work.

Talk about an easy sell.

PK

PLease! Please! Please! Whomever they choose, don't SCREAM! I change the channel every time a screamer comes on. I don't care if he's giving free stuff away. I refuse to be SCREAMED at and will NEVER buy a product a screamer sells!

A Tom Jones fan from back in the day

Rick Domier from QVC is the perfect choice y'all ! For real ! He screams just like Billy when he's presenting and working with Joan Rivers and poor Judith Ripka gets stuck with him and a whole slew of others. RICK DOMIER is the one to be the next pitchman!!! Billy, we miss you so much, no one will ever replace you, they can only try........

Christiner24

It should be Billy Mays III!

AudioAmour

SACRILEGE!!!!!
THERE IS NO REPLACEMENT!
BILLY MAYS IS THE KING OF INFOMERCIALS.
I HAVE BILLY MAYS'D THIS ENTIRE POST IN HIS HONOR!!!!

rebecca

I like the sham wow guy for the next billy maze !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SHAM WOW !

Jen

I think that Adam from Man Vs. Food would be ideal!!!!!!!

Scott

Check out this guy on http://www.sheengenie.com that'll give you guys something to chat about!

Tony Zelaya

I would like to nominate myself Tony Zelaya!! I would LOVE IT have tons of fun and get paid for it. There is nothing better than that. Please e-mail me when auditions come to Maryland or the DC area. Thank you!! Best regards, Tony Zelaya

Rob Bailes

So what is the deal with the auditions? Where can we find out? I plan on being the next pitchman!

ShamWowVinceBeatMe

I just watched that sale pitch. That guy is HOTT, forget funny! I want him on my TV late night;) Matthew Moses has my vote for America's Next Pitchman!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ykTXs0u_S4

Chris

I just saw a new commercial for Topsy Turvy with a big fat guy that was yelling just like Billy Mays. And he was wearing the same shirt. It was pretty close.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3