Don't Kiss Paula Goodbye ... Just Yet

8/6/2009 11:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Paula AbdulThe door isn't completely slammed on Paula Abdul ...

Multiple "American Idol" insiders are telling TMZ there is a chance Paula will come back to the show. Reality -- better than a good chance.

We're told the conflict is ultimately all about money ... and buzz leading up to season 9.

But for now, "A.I." is full speed ahead -- auditions for the show are set for tomorrow ... without Abdul.

sandy

this was already claimed to be a publicity stunt right after it was first announced.

me so horny

Unfortunately, Paula will be back this is a shameless attept by A.I. to drum up higher ratings than the previous seasons and the stupid media is buying hook,line and sinker. I will never watch that bogus sham of a show again.

Lillo

I can not believe how sick and stupid young people are in this time and age are.

Miss Bu

Don't watch the show never did watch the show, but the rumors that she will go to SYTYCD the show I do watch better not happen. This show (SYTYCD) is great and we don't need to have that train wreck on this show. A.I. needs OPEN their wallets and pay up Paula deserves better then what they have been giving her, plus this is just likely a ratings ploy. I love Paula and am one of the ppl who think she needs rehab. The DEA needs to investigate her Doc's and their perscripiton practices before its to late and every one stands and says well we thought she had a drug problem, her denying is just part of the addiction.

J C

Her agent will take the fall.They'll find a way to take the blame off Paula.

me so horny

43. PAULA IS A GREAT ASSET TO THE SHOW. I DON'T LIKE KARA SHE THINKS SHE'S SO BEAUTIFUL. I BET SHE'S GOT SECRETS ABOUT HERSELF THAT NOONE KNOWS ABOUT LIKE SEX TAPES ETC.

Posted at 11:53AM on Aug 6th 2009 by Trish

Trish I think you want to do Paula, you dirty little whore.

alreadybad

Another site is already reporting that Jennifer Lopez is in negotiations to replace Paula, you are really late tmz.

dave

HELP! AI website already shows the season 9 first round audtions are over. Did Paula appear at these?

me so horny

MEDIATAKEOUT SAID J LO MAY REPLACE PAULA (DRUKIN ELF) PLACE!

hunsister

#39 Donna is right on about Paula's contribution to AI. If she doesn't return I will no longer watch. I would like it if Kara were removed - I don't like her and I get nothing from her comments. Posters who hate the show shouldn't waste our time by posting here. If this isn't your type of show then don't watch it. The issue being discussed is whether Paula is leaving AI not whether you are a fan. The real issue here is that Ryan and Simon are being paid 7 to 15 times what is being paid to Paula. While Simon clearly deserves more than anyone else, I'm of the view that Ryan could be replaced easily - he's just the emcee. There are many emcees who could do just as good and possibly a better job, e.g., Cat Deeley of SYTYCD is wonderful. I will be thrilled if Paula returns but I am annoyed that Fox would be so sexist - if they don't renegotiate, they are going to discover a serious drop in ratings due to Paula's absence.

BATISTAR

Paula can go!

Stacie

Sorry hunsister, but I have got to disagree! That woman has made a JOKE out of AI ever since she has been on it. Her comments most often don't make any sense and they have been spending way to much time on her adn Simon's stupid antics. She is useless on this show. She was compeltely forgotten until this show came along. Hse should be lucky they still wanted her, but because she's turned into a breedy b....she deserves to go! Simon is worth the money..he created the show for cryin out loud. Ryan is more than an EMCEE too. He does a lot of producing and his deal is sontingent on other shows and or producing he will be doing for them, He is a lot more relevant that Paula EVER WAS. Ryan has about 6 jobs..hello! He's GOOD AT WHAT HE DOES. What the heck does SHE do? Nothing, but speak in stupid circles, clap her hands like an idiot and dance around when they are singin...what a ho bag.

Miss Bu

Radar is reporting that Victoria Beckham is taking her spot. LOL she will break.

Stacie

Oh and 1 other comment...GET RID OF CAT! She is the MOST annoying idot ever on a show as an emcee!! I can't stand a second of her annoying voice and thank god the producers must have put in her conrtract that she is never allowed to say the word Jodges since she can't say it normal at all! Grrr....I HATE HER.

bizzyguy

They aren't paying her equal to her male co-workers. It'a because she is a woman. The pay imbalance is a disgrace.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments