Billy's Wife Angry Over 'Speculative' Report

8/7/2009 7:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Billy May's Billy Mays' widow is "extremely disappointed" with the Hillsborough County medical examiner's office -- accusing them of sending out a "speculative" report that's damaging her husband's image.

Moments ago, Deborah Mays released the following statement:

"We are extremely disappointed by the press release released by the Hillsborough County medical examiner's office. We believe it contains speculative conclusions that are frankly unnecessary and tend to obscure the conclusion that Billy suffered from chronic, untreated hypertension, which only demonstrates how important it is to regularly monitor one's health.

Given the hectic nature and pace of Billy's life, especially during the past 10 months of his exhaustive travel across the country, it was not surprising to hear that hypertension was the cause of his death. We were totally unaware of any non prescription drug usage and are actively considering an independent evaluation of the autopsy results."

"As those who were close to Billy knew, he had been in chronic pain for more than two years and was about to have his third hip surgery in 18 months. His use of prescription pain medication for his hip condition was guided by his physician and was at recommended usage levels. This has been a very difficult period for our family and we appreciate the respect for our privacy that Billy's many clients, fans and members of the media have extended. We appreciate your continued thoughts and prayers for the family and will not have any immediate comment beyond this statement."

oreo

bubbles

Marguerite

God forbid any of your loved ones dies from a drug overdose. A member of my family did, in front of his wife and children. Regardless of whether we feel it is right or wrong to use cocaine (I don't use it, but I have maybe a half dozen times in my life), people do use drugs, and it is no less tragic when a life is lost. I hope like hell Billy Mays' wife has the good sense to not read the ugly things being written on this board.

Originalkat

Many addicts come out of dr approved prescription drugs. We live in an overmedicated world and from that we get addicts. You don't have to score non-precripts to have that title. Yes I can see where if he was having a 3rd hip replacement in 18 mos that he was heavily medicated on pain meds and with that our lovely drs five anciety meds. It is a very stupid combo and ver7 addictive. None of this means he was a bad person.

The Gay Terrorist With Acne On His Balls

Tabatha, please don't ever try to express your feelings through the English language again. God Bless.

doc murry

so ol billy was a cokehead huh,,what a loser and why do they always claim oh my back hurts ,,my back hurts and im no coke head, im a meth head har har har,seems like he was doing the michael jackson drug regimine,,as much as often as possible,,but as mj he went to far and mixed it with booze and now he is dead dead do you hear me.I THINK TO THE MEMEORY OF MICHAEL JACKSON ..FROM NOW ON WHENEVER A CELEBRITY DIES FROM DRUGS WE WILL CALL IT THE MOONWALK,,SO WHEN BRITTNEY DIES ,,WHICH IM SURE WILL BE SOON WE CAN JUST SAYY HEY BRITTNEY FINALLY DID THE MOONWALK ..OR BETTER EXCAMPE BECAUSE HER TIME IS NEAR IS LINDSEY LOHAN WILL BE SOON DOING THE MOONWALK..GET IT THE MOONWALK..SO LETS EVERYONE JUMP ON MY NEW SAYING ,,DONT FORGET ,,ITS THE MOONWALK

HumanNature

TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISE TO NO ONE!!!!! LIVE ONE DAY AT A TIME!!!!!

Angela

Question for TMZ: When I look at the drugs they mention that contributed to Billy's death -- and his "cocaine" usage vicodin, oxcycodine ... are these not prescription pain killers? I have vicodin in my home for my back (which I have only taken about 2 over the course of 3 months but I am not a drug addict!). Can the coroner find out if he has these drugs prescribed for him for his hips? Just a thought ....

Lovely Rita

To all of you A**HOLES saying bad things about Billy Mays - GO TO HELL. The coroner's report is erroneous and it will be revealed as such. Billy Mays was a WONDERFUL man, father and friend. Sometimes I HATE you TMZ responders.

Rightbobsure

BILLY MAYS HERE FOR...OXYCOTON...OOPS THATS WAS COCAINE ...SORRY ABOUT THAT !!

rukiddingme

NOW I KNOW WHY HE ALWAYS WORE THAT BLUE SHIRT WITH THE WORDS "OXY CLEAN" EMBROIDERED ON THE FRONT. I THOUGHT IT WAS FOR THE CLEANING SOLUTION BUT IN FACT HE WAS LETTING THE WORLD KNOW HE HAD FINALLY BEATEN AT LEAST HIS OXYCODONE ADDICTION! KINDA FUNNY THAT THE ONE PLACE HE NEEDED TO CLEAN UP THE MOST WAS...HIS INSIDES! RIP-

Lovely Rita

Tell the Hillsborough County Coroner what you think! I did. This autopsy report is BULLSH**.

Homie1Kanobe

THE SAD THING ABOUT DRUG ABUSE , THE FAMILY IS USALLY THE LAST ONES TO KNOW, BECAUSE THE DRUG USER KNOWS HOW TO MANIPULATE THE FAMILY, IN TELLING THEM WHAT THEY WANT TO HEAR, DRUGS IS THE LAST THING THEY WANT TO HEAR, WHICH MAKES THE OTHER STORYS MORE BELIEVABLE, MY HEART AND PRAYERS GO OUT TO BILLYS FAMILY

NoEmi

she just wants the ads to run and the checks to keep coming. he's dead , now the wife wants the checks coming and coming

It Explains

So this explains why he was always screaming at you....."Hey It's Billy Mays for Coke Straws...this amazing new product offers a non powder residue and is unbelievable.....for $ 19.95 you get the not one but two Coke Straws plus order now and get a third coke straw and roach clip absolutely free plus shipping and handling"

This is all to weird....if you listened to the 911 call you hear Billy's wife talking to someone....where did this person come from, who was this person and when was it that she decided to call 911" all very weird.

waymore

hey, billy coke head here, i'm gettin ready to check out