Judge to Jackson Estate: Go Forth and Multiply

8/7/2009 8:19 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael JacksonA judge just gave the okay to the special administrators of Michael Jackson's estate to market M.J. all over the place -- the re-publication of "Moonwalk," the merchandising, and the release of Jermaine Jackson's rendition of "Smile" at Michael's memorial.

The administrators wanted to strike the deal quickly because of "a heightened demand for such products due to Jermaine Jackson's moving performance during the memorial service, which may diminish over time."

The deal also includes various memorabilia, such as a 2010 calendar, commemorative coins, school supplies, cardboard cutouts, posters and buttons.

imjustnoisy

Of course the judge approves everything because he's getting his cut too.If it was done right.the proceeds from the record sale would go to the estate for the kids. I don't think Jermaine sound that good with the song and would not purchase it.All these people are trying to cash in on Michael........By the way,all of you who hate Michael,give it a rest,you can't hurt him with all the nasty things you're saying.You can only hurt his kids if they one day read your comments.

K

This delay is building hysteria in his fans, the fans cannot even begin the grieving process until this report is out.

mjjfan50

36. yes,Michael's cover of SMILE is the best I;ve heard.. WRITTEN & COMPOSED BY CHARLIE CHAPLIN FOR FILm limELIGHT-- 1951?1952..

another great song from HISTORY AND so overlooked-- LITTLE SUSIE.. SO GOOD.

Posted at 8:32PM on Aug 7th 2009 by holmes

****************************************************************************************

Michael's version of SMILE is MUCH better than the bro. Branca make jermaine pay every time he sings it.

Great Michael Jackson tune - SPEECHLESS

lankandiva

As long as this helps these precious kids and looks after them..please stop scolding Jermaine Jackson..He has lost his brother,everyone has family problems,but noone has the right to judge Jermaine and say he's fake..we dont live with the Jacksons or personally know them..we only go by what the POISONOUS MEDIA feed us,we fall victims under the media..its disgusting i myself find myself in a trance when i listen to the media its unbelieveable..Im looking forward to all the new MJ memorabelia..To honour this beautful man that we lost..god bless you Michael Jackson I LOVE YOU MORE..god bless your family,and friends and fans..im praying for VICTORY in your name again..for all the enablers to pay the price for what they have done..love from Australia..WHY IS IT TAKING SO LONG FOR CHARGES TO BE LAID?ARE UFCKIN KIDDING ME.AGAIN I'LL MAKE A POINT EVERYONE WAS SO FAST WHEN MJ WAS FALSELY ACCUSED OF MOLESTATION CHARGES THEY NEVER WASTED TIME DID THEY TO HOUND THE POOR MAN,BUT IN HIS DEATHTHEY SEEM TO BE PURPOSELY DRAG IT FOR AGES?I FEEL SO MUCH CORRUPTION IS INVOLVED IM SORRY IVE HEARD MANY STORIES WHERE POLICE ECT MAKE DEALS WITH THE OFFENDERS,AND BASICALLY THEY WALK FREE..IM SURE MANY DIDN'T LIKE MJ WHO ARE INVOLVED IN THIS CASE AND WELL I DONT TRUST ANY OF THEM..IT DEFINATELY GOES DEEPER THAN CORRUPTION..IM SURE WE WILL ALL BE SHOCKED IN THE NEXT UP COMING WEEKS..IM SO SAD AND HURT THAT MICHAEL JACKSON IS STILL SUFFERING EVEN AFTER IN DEATH..MY PRAYERS ARE WITH YOUR SOUL MJ AND YOUR FAMILY..GOD BLESS..THEY CAN LIE,RUN,HIDE AND GET AWAY WITH WHAT THEY HAVE DONE MAYBE IN THIS LIFE,BUT WHEN THEIR TIME COMES THEY WILL HAVE TO ANSWER TO OUR CREATOR YOU REAP WHAT YOU SOW..

filocast2

Rose, # 66-- you don't know this for sure, you are not one of his accountants. A lot of the debt talked about are lawsuits, pending judgements or judgements...... whether he had the money to pay or not, I don't know, but my belief is that he had the money, he just chose not to pay immediately. The man was the entertainer with the most lawsuits filed against him, people from all over wanted a piece of him. If he were not loaded, no one would bother to try to get a penny from him.

Disgusting is all I have to say about the people who continue to seek out his money, even after his death-- family, friends or otherwise... You are almost better off Michael, sad, but true...... Love you forever.......

hamilTonyan

school supplies really how ironic

donise121

I think it's great that Team Branca has been approved to go ahead with appropriate licensing and merchandising rights to MJ's image and likeness. The bottom line is that folks are going to create stuff--be it t-shirts, calendars or whatever so it is best that these be formal arrangements for which the estate receives appropriate revenues. Plus by handling the merchandising in this manner, the executors can go after bootleggers and folks trying to market illegal, stupid stuff. There are just some products that MJ's name and photo should not appear on.

I have one big question....why has Jermaine become a bi-weekly fixture on Larry King Live?? I'm afraid to think of when LaToya is going to have her big "sit down interview" with a US television station. First I want her to produce the MJ's hard drive that she carried out of the house the day after he died. It has the un-released records on it. She can't market it or anything so she might as well turn it over to Team Branca. All family members will be receiving letters from the executors advising them to turn over all MJ belongings so they can be cataloged into the estate assets.

All of Joe and Katherine's unemployed children should just sit back and be patient. I have no doubt that Katherine is going to generously share her 40% with the rest of her children. I don't think that Rebbie and Janet need any money.
Katherine will end up with quite a pile of loot to share with her kiddies.

kitty

someone said that jermaine was on larry king live tonight wearing a shirt that said "punks not dead"
i didnt see it myself so it might not be true but isnt that weird? i know he probably means the music but what if michael is the punk?

LuvMJbad

Miss you MJ so much and love you more!!!!!

Raejean

I csn hear that Jackson Family gravy train coming down the tracks....and if Mama's getting 40%, they'll all be cashing in.

lankandiva

FOR ALL THE MICHAEL JACKSON FANS IM SURE MANY OF YOU HAVE HEARD TRIBUTE SONGS ALREADY BUT HERE ARE SOME OF THE ONES I LOVE AND LISTEN TO-

"BETTER ON THE OTHER SIDE'-By the Game feat.Usher,Chris Brown,P.Diddy,and Boyz ii MEN,peole i cry when i isten to it..its the perfect song fo rmj and how many of us feel..anothher 4 songs that i Love are-
"LIGHTS WET OUT TONITE ' By Riz,
"WE MISS U"-By Yung Berg feat Loco
"ANGELS"-By Yung Berg feat Hot Dollar
"HUMAN NATURE'"-Marios version..

Enjoy people..R.I.P MICHAEL JACKSON..I LOVE YOU MORE..YOU ARE THE KING OF ENTERTAINENT AND HUMANTY OF ALL TIME...

Real

What's that little boy blow-up doll photographed in NeverNeverLand going for? Maybe it can be donated to MJ's favorite charity unless Jessie or Al want it? Maybe Jamie Fox can sleep with it as MJ was "our own".

Alibaba

Thankfully they'll not get a dime from me. Neither did MJ when he was alive...

gazzali

I think MJJ is doing good even after his demise...RIP MJ

Raejean

I share the anxiousness of MJ fans to: Read the released coroner's report (including toxicology results), and know whether LAPD plans to charge anyone in his death (as opposed to filing other possible criminal charges against the many doctors for the prescription violations).