Judge to Jackson Estate: Go Forth and Multiply

8/7/2009 8:19 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael JacksonA judge just gave the okay to the special administrators of Michael Jackson's estate to market M.J. all over the place -- the re-publication of "Moonwalk," the merchandising, and the release of Jermaine Jackson's rendition of "Smile" at Michael's memorial.

The administrators wanted to strike the deal quickly because of "a heightened demand for such products due to Jermaine Jackson's moving performance during the memorial service, which may diminish over time."

The deal also includes various memorabilia, such as a 2010 calendar, commemorative coins, school supplies, cardboard cutouts, posters and buttons.

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8

Michael Jackson

Michael Jackson. A merchandising whore to the grave...and beyond.

Dirty

I hate that LaToya got those hard drives! It should have been Janet that got them, at least she the most trustworthy to have anything to do with Michael. :-(

Phyl

104. AM I THE ONLY PERSON WHO FELT JERMAINE'S RENDITION OF 'SMILE' SSSSUCKED? He has always been suspect. His lovers child was born before his first wife bore their third and last child. He was later accused of raping her during a visitation. He had a few children with the lover, living in Katherine's home along with other siblings and their partners. He split with his lover and married his brother Randy's childrens mother, producing additional children with her. He has failed to support his family...living off of his Mom and other women. He needs to sit his smarmy, lying, greasy behind down. He is only interested in exploitating the brother he excoriated in the song 'Word To The Bad'. He must think folk have short memories. They reportedly weren't even speaking. Judas.

Posted at 1:22AM on Aug 8th 2009 by I am

I am 100% in agreement with you. You can throw Joe and Latoya in the mix too of less than honorable intentions.

just sayin

124. Release the Bad Tour
from L.A 1989 on DVD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...........

Posted at 8:11AM on Aug 8th 2009 by Steve001
*************
you're right they need to release the bad tour on dvd but the live in japan and wembley london are the best.i really don't care about anything else mj was all about music and should continue to be so. while they're at it they should also release the victoury tour

rainbow4321

104. Look at this way..they can release what he sang at the funeral, doesn't MEAN that people will BUY it. I imagine if the sales of him singing MJ's song flops, we won't be hearing how few it sold, we'll just read about a lump sum of EVERYthing sold. Out of everything listed so far approved by the judge, the last thing I would purchase would be Jermaine singing. I'd rather spend my money on downloading MJ's songs (sung by MJ not someone else) to add to my music list on my blackberry cuz I listen to it on my way to and from work each day. A dvd of the entire funeral I'd buy, but not anything of ONE individual singing at the funeral.

janalal4

I didn't care much for Jermaine's rendition of "Smile" either but the sentiment was nice I guess. Michael's version blows it away but didn't everything he did blow away anything the other brothers did?! I hope that all this extra money from merch actually gets to the kids. My daughter & I did our part. Our London O2 shirts are on the way. Speaking of merchandise; I just saw some drawings MJ did & was totally amazed. I had no idea that he could draw. They were beautiful. One just tore me up to look at though, it was of a child crouching in the corner depicting loneliness & isolation. They are very impressive drawings but like alot of things, they said MJ didn't feel they were good enough to be shown to the public. Way Wrong in my opinion!

Janet

Someone should be keeping their eyes on Jermaine Jackson. I don't trust him in the least. He keeps saying that he was Michael's backbone, yet he claims he didn't even know he was addicted to pain medication or was even taking drugs, for that matter. We should all have people like that looking after us! What a pathetic
excuse for a brother. And I hope that most of the money raised at MJ's tribute in Austria goes to his charities, as promised.

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8