Her Name Is Rio

8/8/2009 1:29 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The 46-year-old resurfaced at some event, looking gentle.

Xuxa

Xuxa's real name is Maria da Graca Meneghel.

She dated Brazilian soccer legend Pelé for five years.

MaryKate

Am i? am first? She looks much prettier...and younger too.

dazedato

I grew up watching her... I loved her! And here I though she was dead.

me

beautiful!

Carter Forster - London, Ontario, Canada

'Love Strange Love' (aka Amor Estranho Amor) [1982]

Soooooo incredibly embarrassing for Meneghel, she used her dad's political muscles to get the movie (((banned))) in her home country of Brazil. A Hooker falls in love w/ a 12-year-old boy, proceeds to have SEX with him!!!!!! lol And she later became a child's entertainer. INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!

Vanessa

Xuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuxa!!!
She is a Queen in Brazil!!!!!
I love her... she is a great person.. big heart!!!
I grew up watching her every morning.
=)

SoCal Razzles

I remember her! She still looks GREAT!

Ana

Xuxa is still very famous in Brazil. She still has TV shows on the biggest network "GLOBO" and makes movies and DVDs for kids. She is an icon in Brazil..and super rich too!

Simone

When I was a kid, I used to like Xuxa. I used to bring my friends home to dance and lip-synch her musics. Shame on me to confess this kind of thing. Hehehe.

balls

is this the same Xuxa that tom cruise and all those other space cadets worship?

Kobe Hatters are pathetic.

I think she posed NUDE and that's what caused her to loose her show here in the U.S.

Carter Forster - London, Ontario, Canada

It was low ratings and her inability to master the English language that caused her "Xuxa" made-for-syndication show to get cancelled. She did pretty good considering she only had a few months to learn. But her style of kids entertainment didn't translate to American and Canadian kids.

Angel

She date Pele at 16 years old ?

Andrea

This picture is from 2006, she does not have this "Pink look style anymore"

See...http://oglobo.globo.com/fotos/2008/05/06/06_MHG_retv_xuxa1.jpg.

Her father wasnt into politcs and she used not to talk to him till she was about 30 years-old, it was televised in Brazil. The truth is that she was a model and had posed nude and had made this movie (she was 18). Some producer invited her to start working with children, she thought it was impossible at first but somehow this worked out pretty good. She is 'till this day a huge success here in Brazil and all over Latin America. I used to wake up 8 in the morning to watch her show...now my 3 year-old niece has all her DVDs...she looks sooooooooooo much better nowadays...still single though.

liz

Xuxa is very famous in south america .In the 90's she was our fashion icon in brasil , argentina and uruguay .

GrandmaDynamite