Supermarket Claims Burton Can't Read His Bills

8/9/2009 9:14 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Levar BurtonA fancy grocery store in Los Angeles took a look at their books ... and realized LeVar Burton owed them a bunch of money.

According to a lawsuit filed last month, the "Reading Rainbow" host owes Gelson's a little over $2,000 -- plus attorney's fees.

Burton's had an account with them since 1990, but Gelson's claims he hasn't paid his bill since December 2008.

JANE DOE

SEE JUST LIKE MY 1ST MESSAGE
IT GOT LOST IN THE MAIL
AND I SEE IT NOW!

Sloshy

It's not really a serious matter until President Obama gets involved.

superman

Stuff gets missed. I'm sure it wasn't on purpose.

LH

There is no misunderstanding. That is typical behavior of those people. Catch my drift! I got burned one time - I agreed to work for an employer who held his services out as " Private Investigator To The Stars". He was named John C. Webb. After a few days on the job I began wondering what the hell was going on because he was charging his clients fees representing that he was a lawyer, too. I've worked for lawyers and I know the difference. As it turned out - by the third week I was preparing to announce that I was leaving, however, the Beverly Hills police moved in on Webb because not only had he and his wife Paula been stiffing businesspersons after enjoying their wedding at a ritzy Beverly Hills restaurant, credit card companies, etc., John had been one of the bank robbers that robbed a Texas bank about nine years before. He got extradicted back to a prison in Texas. They still owe me unpaid wages which I will never collect so this post gives me relief to square unfinished business by telling the World that the Johns, Paulas, and Levars are common scam artists. Beware!

Star Trekkin'

Somebody get this man a replicator...

Mwing

Maybe he is waiting for Obama to pay his food bill.

OhWell

Lamar is Cool

Jessica

haha. good thing its not 20 cents!

Real

And to think I fell for this Roots and Ms. Jane Pitmann "woe is me, I'm black" stuff back about 1974. They had me there for a while. It all ended about 1983.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2